Business and community news archive
- Company fined for high pressure sales on Wokingham homeowever
Idrains Southern Ltd, of Henleaze House, Harbury Road, Bristol, was fined £2,500 at Reading Magistrates' Court on 12 April 2019 following an investigation by officers from the Public Protection...
18 April 2019
- The ripple effect
Luxury bathroom design company Ripples and outdoor clothing and equipment specialists Mountain Warehouse are the latest businesses coming to the new Peach Place destination that is taking shape in...
17 April 2019
- Budget proposal to focus on providing services for residents and protecting most in need
Wokingham Borough Council will be focussing on its residents by providing lean and efficient high-quality services for all when it considers its budget later this month.
16 April 2019
- New way to pay for parking at council car parks
Wokingham Borough Council will have new payment machines in their car parks this summer that will be easier to use and will mean customers only pay for the time they have spent in the car park.
15 April 2019
- Chance to see progress at Peach Place
The new Wokingham town square at Peach Place is on track to open this month (April) and there is a chance for a sneak preview this weekend.
10 April 2019
- Shops in Bracknell and Newbury tested for underage knife sales
Trading Standards officers from the Public Protection Partnership have been supporting Thames Valley Police in Bracknell and Newbury during this year's National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from 11 to...
22 March 2019
- Peach Place update
Last week (March 13) the council was made aware that the main contractor at Peach Place, Dawnus Construction Limited, had gone into administration.
21 March 2019
- Busy year at Peach Place
This week marked a year to the day since contractors McLaughlin & Harvey started work on the council's exciting Elms Field proposals.
20 March 2019
- Dawnus Construction Limited contract at Peach Place
Wokingham Borough Council has been advised Dawnus Construction Limited, the main contractor at Peach Place, has gone into administration.
14 March 2019
- Wokingham Borough showcased to the world with launch of the Berkshire Film Office
Wokingham Borough Council hopes to increase the Borough's profile among worldwide film crews following the launch of the Berkshire Film Office.
13 March 2019
- Revised Council Tax Reduction Scheme approved
Wokingham Borough Council has listened to residents and agreed a revised Localised Council Tax Reduction Scheme for 2019/2020 that will ensure all those who have difficulty paying their council tax...
04 March 2019
- Company directors to pay £40,000 compensation to Newbury homeowner
Nicholas Ford and Michael Evans, trading as Rivar Hill Holdings Limited, were sentenced at Reading Crown Court on 25 February 2019.
28 February 2019
- Wokingham Town Market Place update
Wokingham Borough and Town Councils are aware that some people have raised safety concerns over the new look Market Place – and as you would expect - have already started assessing the area for...
27 February 2019
- First Roll of Honour for Community Champions
A teacher and a community champion are the first recipients in the new Wokingham Borough Mayor's Roll of Honour awards for outstanding commitment and contributions to the area.
27 February 2019
- Welcoming new UK citizens to the Wokingham Borough
Every month Wokingham Borough Mayor Cllr John Kaiser joins a special celebration ceremony conducted by the borough's registrars to welcome the new citizens to the Wokingham Borough and the UK.
26 February 2019
- New businesses announced for Peach Place
Unique local independents The Blue Orchid Bakery and Tea Room; vinyl record shop Beyond the Download; and the Leafy Elephant gin bar will join Sit & Sip as the next round of new businesses coming to...
13 February 2019
- Don't be scammed this Valentines Day
The Public Protection Partnership's Trading Standards service is warning residents not to be scammed this Valentine's Day
11 February 2019
- Homes for the Future consultation - plenty of time to join the conversation
Residents across Wokingham Borough are coming out in large numbers to Wokingham Borough Council's homes for the future consultation events, to learn more and have their say about how the borough will...
28 January 2019
- Tea dance fun for people living with dementia
Wokingham Borough Council's Sports & Leisure team are urging residents to get on the dancefloor and join the fun at their upcoming Dementia-friendly Tea Dance on 14 February.
22 January 2019
- Secondhand car salesman given four year jail sentence following PPP investigation
Following an investigation by the Public Protection Partnership, a secondhand second-hand car salesman given four year jail sentence.
22 January 2019