Business and community news archive
- Reopening of Broad Street in Wokingham
An important milestone will be reached in the Market Place Improvement Project this week when Broad Street and Langborough Road re-open to offer the first proper view of the town's great new look.
21 March 2018
- Wokingham builder gets community order for unsafe rood and gas leak
Following investigation by the Public Protection Partnership (PPP), Mr Kevin Carter of Jupiter Way, Wokingham, trading as Haughton Green Builders, pleaded guilty to one count of knowingly or...
20 March 2018
- Calling all apprentices, Wokingham Borough Council needs you!
The advantages of an apprenticeship at Wokingham Borough Council are being highlighted in a number of events to mark National Apprenticeship Week 2018.
02 March 2018
- Charities championed by Mayor at voluntary sector reception
Representatives from over 60 voluntary groups came together last week (Wednesday 21 February) for a special reception hosted by the Borough Mayor, Cllr Rob Stanton.
28 February 2018
- National Award for animal welfare team
Wokingham Borough Council's canine carers have won a top national award for the gold standard way they look after stray dogs.
20 February 2018
- Update on Forces Support
Wokingham Borough Council has been looking into the issues raised by residents since announcing the letting.
09 February 2018
- Tree works at Elms Field
Preparations for the regeneration of Elms Field are continuing with contractors undertaking tree works on the site.
07 February 2018
- Borough features in top ten surveys
A number of recent surveys have given our local towns and villages a big thumbs up!
30 January 2018
- Update on Market Place
Latest newsletter about the Market Place Improvement Scheme has been published
29 January 2018
- Funding available for local groups for community crime prevention
The Public Protection Partnership, a champion of community safety and crime prevention, has launched a new and exciting scheme to help local communities in Wokingham Borough Council address community...
26 January 2018
- Please return your electoral register form
Wokingham Borough residents are being urged to respond to forms requesting information for the electoral register.
26 January 2018
- Striving for success - Wokingham means business
Entrepreneurs graduated from the Strive business support scheme at a ceremony with Wokingham MP John Redwood. Wokingham Borough Council held the course with local housing associations
26 January 2018
- Making the most of our properties
Wokingham Borough Council hand over the keys for 28-38 Peach Place to national charity Forces Support for temporary pop-up shop.
17 January 2018
- Update on Market Place works
Unfortunately, it has not been possible to re-open the Broad Street side of Market Place in time for Christmas. Here is an update on the project.
15 December 2017
- Market Place newsletter published
Find out all the latest news on our Market Place improvement scheme
04 December 2017
- Purchase of former Marks and Spencer site
We've taken over ownership of the former Marks and Spencer site on Peach Street in Wokingham town centre
01 December 2017
- Free weekend parking during the festive period
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce free daytime parking in the three weekends running up to Christmas (from Saturday 9 December).
29 November 2017
- First traffic-free green route linking Finchampstead to Arborfield Green development opens
Wokingham borough's first 'greenway' will be officially opened by Mayor of the borough on Saturday 2 December at 1.30pm
24 November 2017
- Family fun in Wokingham town centre to boost 'keep it local this Christmas' campaign
There will be even more reason to visit Wokingham town centre than usual on Saturday 2 December, with street entertainment, festive fun and a first chance to see behind the hoardings at Peach Place.
22 November 2017
- Events mark Black History Month in Wokingham Borough
A number of events are on offer to mark this year's Black History Month across the Wokingham Borough which celebrates the contribution of carnivals and festivals to community cohesion.
19 October 2017