Business and community news archive
- Update on Market Place works
Unfortunately, it has not been possible to re-open the Broad Street side of Market Place in time for Christmas. Here is an update on the project.
15 December 2017
- Market Place newsletter published
Find out all the latest news on our Market Place improvement scheme
04 December 2017
- Purchase of former Marks and Spencer site
We've taken over ownership of the former Marks and Spencer site on Peach Street in Wokingham town centre
01 December 2017
- Free weekend parking during the festive period
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce free daytime parking in the three weekends running up to Christmas (from Saturday 9 December).
29 November 2017
- First traffic-free green route linking Finchampstead to Arborfield Green development opens
Wokingham borough's first 'greenway' will be officially opened by Mayor of the borough on Saturday 2 December at 1.30pm
24 November 2017
- Family fun in Wokingham town centre to boost 'keep it local this Christmas' campaign
There will be even more reason to visit Wokingham town centre than usual on Saturday 2 December, with street entertainment, festive fun and a first chance to see behind the hoardings at Peach Place.
22 November 2017
- Events mark Black History Month in Wokingham Borough
A number of events are on offer to mark this year's Black History Month across the Wokingham Borough which celebrates the contribution of carnivals and festivals to community cohesion.
19 October 2017
- Market Place refurbishment well underway
Anyone visiting the town cannot fail to have seen the work that is now well underway to provide a much needed refurbishment to our Market Place.
31 August 2017
- A new face for the town
Work begins on scaffolding the frontages of the buildings being refurbished as part of our regeneration plans in Wokingham
31 August 2017
- Improvement works begin at California Country Park
We've started the first phase of major improvements works at California Country Park in Finchampstead.
31 August 2017
- High-speed broadband set to hit heights in Wokingham
High-speed broadband coverage in Wokingham is set to pass the 99% mark in the final phase of a £40m project.
11 August 2017
- Business as Usual - Shop Local: Shop Wokingham
With the market refurbishment starting, we are keen to stress that Wokingham is still open for business and urge residents to continue to support all our shops and market traders.
10 August 2017
- Festival fever
It's the final countdown for this weekend's family-friendly Marvellous Festival at Dinton Pastures Country Park
27 July 2017
- Works continues on transforming the heart of Wokingham
Work begins later this month to transform the heart of Wokingham market town into a continental-style space of café tables, market stalls, attractive trees and stylish paving designed for all.
25 July 2017
- Wokingham Borough Council tops council tax collection rates
For the fourth year running, Wokingham Borough Council has topped the national council tax collection charts for all local authorities.
18 July 2017
- New partnership starts for adult services
Adult services in Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead have joined forces.
03 July 2017
- Keep an eye out for your poll card
This week residents will start to receive their poll card from Wokingham Borough Council ahead of the General Election on Thursday 8 June.
10 May 2017
- Are you interested in starting your own business?
Have you ever wanted to start your own business? It could soon be a reality as Wokingham Borough Council launches its business start-up course, to help local residents set up their own business.
04 May 2017
- Make sure you're registered to vote
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging local residents not yet registered to vote, who wish to do so in the General Election on Thursday June 8, to go online and register now.
03 May 2017
- Carnival Phase 2 proposals unveiled
Over the past few years, Wokingham Borough Council has been looking carefully at library, sports and leisure facilities needed across the Borough. In 2016 it consulted with local residents on its...
27 April 2017