Care and health news archive
- Bulmershe Leisure Centre planning application submitted
The planning application for the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre has been submitted so people are encouraged to give their feedback on the plans during the statutory consultation period which has now...
24 April 2018
- Taking a 100-mile walk
Members of Aylesbury SOBS (Survivors of Bereaved by Suicide) stopped at Wokingham Borough Council's Shute End offices, for much-needed tea and cake, to help sustain them on their charity walk to...
18 April 2018
- Change4life - new healthier snacking campaign
The Public health team at Wokingham Borough Council is supporting the latest Change4Life campaign which aims to help parents take control of their children's snacking.
03 January 2018
- Have your say on the future of your local Healthwatch
Wokingham Borough Council and Reading Borough Council are consulting on plans to combine local Healthwatch services.
27 December 2017
- Launch of the new Berkshire Adults Safeguarding policy and procedures website
We are delighted to launch the new website for the Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures.
22 November 2017
- Free blood pressure tests to boost health
Free blood pressure tests available to local residents as part of Know Your Numbers Week.
14 September 2017
- World Suicide Prevention Awareness Day: Sunday 10 September
Suicide Prevention Awareness Day is being held on Sunday 10 September and highlights this important issue
07 September 2017
- New partnership starts for adult services
Adult services in Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead have joined forces.
03 July 2017
- National Carers Week from Monday 12 June to Sunday 18 June
To mark National Carers Week (Monday 12 June to Sunday 18 June), Wokingham Borough Council, Wokingham Outreach Service, Wokingham Crossroads, Involve and Wokingham Mencap have teamed up to organise a...
09 June 2017
- Wokingham's adults among most active in England
Wokingham Borough's residents are among the most active (or more accurately least inactive) in the country according to a report published by the NHS – and the borough council is offering plenty of...
19 April 2017
- Review of council funded non-profit organisations
A review of voluntary and community sector services funded by Wokingham Borough Council has been agreed this week by the council's decision-making executive.
31 March 2017
- Community Navigators
Voluntary and community groups provide a vast range of help and support in the Wokingham Borough - but finding your way to the right place is not always easy.
29 March 2017
- Disability sports taster day comes to Wokingham
Over 100 adults and children attended the Disability Sports Taster Day held at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre last week (15 March).
23 March 2017
- New time-lapse video shows next phase of Woodley building project
This month see's the launch of the third update of the time-lapse video from the £6million Fosters independent living with care scheme for older people in Woodley.
21 March 2017
- Early testing for HIV saves lives
People diagnosed and treated early for HIV have a higher chance of living long and healthy lives, even with the condition.
03 February 2017
- Keeping adults safe
The West of Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Board covers Wokingham Borough, Reading, and West Berkshire. It meets four times a year and discusses how agencies should work together to keep adults at...
18 January 2017
- Statement regarding the Local Government Ombudsman's report
Read Wokingham Borough Council's latest statement in response to the Local Government Ombudsman's report
05 January 2017
- Do you know people in Wokingham Borough are healthier than in other parts of the country?
Our Public Health Team works in partnership to support our population whatever their age. It aims to improve the health and wellbeing of local people, such as helping them take control of their own...
04 January 2017
- Tall Tales being launched
A new service providing multi-sensory story books for people with severe or profound learning disabilities is being launched by Wokingham Borough libraries on 19 October, in partnership with the...
22 December 2016
- Why we should all Give and Take Care
More than 60 Voluntary groups from across the borough came together this week (November 16) for a special evening of networking at Loddon Hall in Twyford hosted by the Borough Mayor, Cllr Bob Pitts.
17 November 2016