Care and health news archive
- Mums support programme launches in Wokingham
Wokingham Borough Council's partner, Places Leisure has announced the launch of Mums' Zone, the new holistic health and wellbeing initiative for mums and their babies.
09 August 2019
- Mayor supports technology assisted care opportunities in Wokingham
Borough Mayor Cllr Bill Soane has been helping raise awareness amongst health and social care staff about the vast array of technology now available to help and support vulnerable residents to live...
02 August 2019
- Berkshire West wins additional government funding for children's mental health pilot project
Children and young people in Wokingham schools will be given more mental health support after Berkshire West was awarded extra funding to extend the pilot of a new national scheme.
30 July 2019
- Council builds integrated care partnership with local care providers
Wokingham Borough Council has announced that it is now part of the newly formed Berkshire West Integrated Care Partnership (BWICP) which offers a new efficient and effective way of working with six...
30 July 2019
- Wokingham Mental Health Team receive accreditation from the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Wokingham Borough Council is pleased to announce that their Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) has received the prestigious Accreditation for community mental health services (ACOMHS) from the Royal...
24 July 2019
- Council increases investment to support residents in their homes
Wokingham Borough Council has invested an additional £1.6million across the Adult Social Care department this year as part of their continuing focus to support residents with additional needs to stay...
18 July 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council's fun day for vulnerable adults
Some of the Borough's most vulnerable adults attended the first-ever inclusion event at Dinton Pastures Country Park, on 3 July, as a part of Wokingham Borough Council's new initiative to combat...
15 July 2019
- Council launches new initiative to help combat loneliness in the Wokingham Borough
As residents get older it is increasingly likely that they may feel lonely, isolated or unhappy. Wokingham Borough Council wants all residents to enjoy their retirement and to continue to feel part...
04 July 2019
- Free NHS health checks for 40 to 74-year-olds
If you're aged 40 to 74 you might be eligible for a free health check under a NHS national programme which screens individuals for a variety of medical conditions.
02 July 2019
- Council launches suicide bereavement service to support local residents
We've launched a new suicide bereavement service to provide much needed support to families affected by suicide.
01 July 2019
- Cut your engine and cut air pollution on Clean Air Day 20 June 2019
Thursday 20 June is Clean Air Day and the Public Protection Partnership (PPP), which delivers Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards services across Wokingham Borough, Bracknell...
19 June 2019
- Borough Council set to improve adult social care arrangements
Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive is set to approve a streamlined and improved adult social care structure.
18 June 2019
- Gear Up During Bike Week For Your Chance to Win £750
We'll be celebrating everyday cycling for everyone during Bike Week, with a series of events across the borough all hosted by the My Journey Team.
06 June 2019
- Contribution of young carers in the Borough recognised this Young Carers Awareness Day
Young carer's and the contribution they make to the Wokingham Borough will be recognised with a series of events to mark Young Carers Awareness Day on 31 January.
25 January 2019
- Relaunch of the Wokingham Borough Safer Places Scheme
We are relaunching the Wokingham Borough Safer Places Scheme
22 January 2019
- Top tips to keep warm and well this winter
Here's some top tips to keep warm and well this winter.
20 December 2018
- Opening doors for key workers
Twenty-two brand new key worker apartments at the new Peach Place development in Wokingham town centre are nearly ready to welcome their new occupants.
20 December 2018
- Wokingham Borough residents encouraged to join the annual fight against flu
Wokingham Borough residents are being encouraged to get vaccinated against the flu this winter.
01 October 2018
- Dancing fun for people living with Dementia
A brand new dementia friendly tea dance is coming to the Borough.
04 September 2018
- £2m investment for Loddon Valley Leisure Centre
Loddon Valley Leisure Centre is set to receive £2million in investment to refurbish and enhance its current facilities to increase the choice of sport, fitness and wellbeing on site.
29 August 2018