Care and health news archive
- New time-lapse video shows next phase of Woodley building project
This month see's the launch of the third update of the time-lapse video from the £6million Fosters independent living with care scheme for older people in Woodley.
21 March 2017
- Early testing for HIV saves lives
People diagnosed and treated early for HIV have a higher chance of living long and healthy lives, even with the condition.
03 February 2017
- Keeping adults safe
The West of Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Board covers Wokingham Borough, Reading, and West Berkshire. It meets four times a year and discusses how agencies should work together to keep adults at...
18 January 2017
- Statement regarding the Local Government Ombudsman's report
Read Wokingham Borough Council's latest statement in response to the Local Government Ombudsman's report
05 January 2017
- Do you know people in Wokingham Borough are healthier than in other parts of the country?
Our Public Health Team works in partnership to support our population whatever their age. It aims to improve the health and wellbeing of local people, such as helping them take control of their own...
04 January 2017
- Tall Tales being launched
A new service providing multi-sensory story books for people with severe or profound learning disabilities is being launched by Wokingham Borough libraries on 19 October, in partnership with the...
22 December 2016
- Why we should all Give and Take Care
More than 60 Voluntary groups from across the borough came together this week (November 16) for a special evening of networking at Loddon Hall in Twyford hosted by the Borough Mayor, Cllr Bob Pitts.
17 November 2016
- Proposals approved for adult services partnership
Wokingham Borough Council and The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead have agreed to deliver their adult services together through a new partnership.
28 October 2016
- Councils to discuss adult services partnership
Wokingham Borough Council and Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead are considering delivering their adult services together through a new partnership.
18 October 2016
- Warning about fake blue badge websites
Wokingham Borough Council is warning disabled residents about unscrupulous scammers who charge people for help when applying for a Blue Badge.
14 October 2016
- Applications open for CCGs' Partnership Development Fund grants for 2017/18
The CCGs' 2017/18 Partnership Development Fund programme opened for applications from the local voluntary sector on Wednesday 1 September for six weeks.
07 September 2016
- Air quality management areas declared in Wokingham and Twyford – Chance to have your say
The majority of Wokingham Borough has good air quality, but like most areas in the country, there are a few hot spots where it is above the recommended government guidelines.
19 August 2016
- New funding available for local groups in Berkshire
Local groups and organisations with great ideas to make their communities an even better place to live are now invited to apply for funding to turn their ideas into reality.
29 July 2016
- Closure was not the council's making
Read a letter from Executive Member for Health and Wellbeing Cllr Julian McGhee Sumner regarding the closure of Woodley Age Concern.
07 July 2016
- Wokingham Borough celebrates National Walking Month
Wokingham Borough Council supported National Walking Month last month (May) by offering free, friendly health walks across the Wokingham Borough as part of its Walking for Health scheme.
08 June 2016
- Supporting Mental Health Awareness Week
We joined a host of organisations and agencies across the country to promote Mental Health Awareness Week.
27 May 2016
- Partnership rescue for vulnerable people
Woodley Age Concern day centre and residential care service ceased trading as a limited company on 24 March. Wokingham Borough Council has taken on the management of the service, including staff.
30 March 2016
- Building to start on Fosters
Construction is due to start in the next few weeks on the new residential care home in Woodley, creating a £6million purpose-built extra care facility.
30 March 2016
- How well do you know the Wokingham Borough?
You can now find out all about the health and wellbeing of the Wokingham Borough by checking out our Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA).
11 March 2016
- Co-production at its best!
News article regarding co-production with Involve
29 February 2016