Family and education news archive
- Big Lunch at Montague Park
Residents from Montague Park got together on Buckhurst Meadows for a barbecue, a good old chin wag and build community spirit.
06 July 2016
- Update on Hearing Impairment Unit at Emmbrook Infant and Junior Schools
Cllr Charlotte Haitham Taylor, executive member for children's services, gives an update on the future of the Hearing Impairment Unit at Emmbrook Infant and Junior Schools.
22 June 2016
- Davis Cup comes to Cantley Park following historic win
The Davis Cup by BNP Paribas will arrive in the Wokingham Borough in July as part of a national Trophy Tour of Great Britain launched by the Lawn Tennis Association.
03 June 2016
- Wokingham Borough libraries go outside to celebrate books and love of reading
We are celebrating National Bookstart Week in June with events at Dinton Pastures and our libraries
02 June 2016
- Improvements at Carnival Pool
Young swimmers in Wokingham Borough will have even more fun at the Carnival Pool, thanks to new play equipment.
26 May 2016
- Time to foster time to care
Wokingham Borough Council needs more local people to come forward to become foster carers, providing family homes for some of the borough's 83 children and young people needing them.
18 May 2016
- Transport to Bohunt School Wokingham
We are pleased families from across the borough have sufficient confidence in the new Bohunt School Wokingham to apply for places there. Find out more details about transport to the school
04 May 2016
- HRH The Earl of Wessex visits Wokingham Youth Centre
His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex visited Wokingham Youth Centre on Thursday 17 March after hearing about the centre's impressive approach to running The Duke of Edinburgh's (DofE) Award.
24 March 2016
- Places offered at the new Arborfield Garrison school
More than 100 students have been offered places at the new £32.5million secondary school in Arborfield Garrison opening this September.
24 March 2016
- Admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools
Wokingham Borough Council has determined the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools from September 2017.
02 March 2016
- Secondary school offer for 2016
Wokingham Borough parents today (March 1) received offers of places at secondary schools with nearly 90 per cent of applicants being allocated their first choice of secondary school.
01 March 2016
- Co-production at its best!
News article regarding co-production with Involve
29 February 2016
- Getting ready for a bright future
Five Wokingham Borough schools - Shinfield Infant, Shinfield St Mary's, Lambs Lane, Farley Hill and Grazeley - came together to co-organise a Careers Week involving parents and carers who were...
26 February 2016
- Apprenticeships under the spotlight
Young people and their parents are invited to find out about local apprenticeships and opportunities, at the Wokingham Apprenticeship Evening on March 8 at the borough council's Shute End offices.
25 February 2016
- 300 children get help to learn to ride a bike
300 children get help to learn to ride a bike
11 February 2016
- Young community matters
News article regarding young community matters
28 January 2016
- Views wanted on childcare in the borough
Views wanted on childcare in the borough
18 January 2016
- Steady improvements made in children's services
News article regarding steady improvements being made in children's services
06 January 2016
- Consultation starts for 2017/18 school admissions
All admissions authorities, like Wokingham Borough Council, must carry out annual consultations if their admissions arrangements need to be amended
08 December 2015
- Work is well underway on new secondary school
News article about progress on new secondary school at Arborfield Garrison
30 November 2015