Leisure and libraries news archive
- Young Volunteers Needed To Support Council's Summer Reading Challenge
We are looking for volunteers, aged 16 to 24 with a passion for reading, to help support local children taking part
24 June 2019
- Mulberry Grove park opened by Mayor
The new Mayor of Wokingham Borough, Cllr Bill Soane, got to open his first park on June 20.
21 June 2019
- The countdown is on for annual Marvellous Festival at Dinton Pastures
Kick off the summer holidays in style at the annual Marvellous Festival. The ever popular tribute festival is taking place next month 20 and 21 July at Dinton Pastures Country Park in Hurst.
20 June 2019
- Win a family taster session at Dinton Pastures Country Park
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to be offering one lucky family the chance to win a taster session at Dinton Pastures Country Park.
20 June 2019
- Wokingham Libraries Helping to Support the Emotional Needs of Local Children
Wokingham libraries have been working in partnership with Relax Kids Wokingham, one of the leading experts in child relaxation training, classes and resources, to create booklists for parents of...
12 June 2019
- Places Leisure team up with Wokingham Borough Council for Carers Week 2019
Caring can be a hugely rewarding experience but individuals often find it challenging to look after their own wellbeing whilst caring. Which is why, Places Leisure and Wokingham Borough Council has...
07 June 2019
- Gear Up During Bike Week For Your Chance to Win £750
We'll be celebrating everyday cycling for everyone during Bike Week, with a series of events across the borough all hosted by the My Journey Team.
06 June 2019
- Record number of attendees at Dinton Pastures Country Park's annual family fun weekend
This weekend Dinton Pastures Country Park welcomed a record number of visitors to its annual family fun weekend. Across the two day event, 2,577 people took part in activities, including paddle...
05 June 2019
- Funding received for Emmbrook 3G pitch
Our plans for a new 3G pitch for students and the public at The Emmbrook School are a step forward thanks a grant from The Premier League, The FA and government's Football Foundation.
04 June 2019
- Wokingham Borough libraries launches a new online service
Wokingham Borough Libraries has launched a new online service to help people registering for Universal Credit. The new online platform, called Universal Skills, will assist people through the process...
31 May 2019
- Get set to put on your PJs as Pyjamarama hits Wokingham Borough Council
Wokingham Borough Council's library service is hosting its own pyjama party and distributing free books to celebrate BookTrust's 'Pyjamarama'. On Thursday June 6 families are set for a day full of...
29 May 2019
- Dinton Pastures Country Park to host annual family fun weekend
This weekend (1 and 2 June) Dinton Pastures Country Park in Hurst will be hosting its annual family fun weekend, with this year's event set to be bigger and better than ever. Families will be able to...
28 May 2019
- Human Story Theatre presents Connie's Colander
This is a critically acclaimed play about the effects of Alzheimer's disease on a family, performed by Human Story Theatre. Connie's Colander is a piece of theatre aimed at anyone and everyone but it...
28 May 2019
- Young adventurers assemble at Loddon Valley
Children from across the borough will be able to enjoy their upcoming half term break at the new soft play area at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre, which was officially opened on Saturday by Mayor Cllr...
24 May 2019
- Chance to take part in focus groups on leisure centres
Places Leisure has been running Wokingham Borough Council's leisure centres for a year now – and to mark the anniversary, is seeking volunteers to join focus groups to give feedback on the service.
14 May 2019
- New floodlights in time for Nature Valley Big Tennis Weekend
Tennis players have even more opportunity to work on their serves and volleys with floodlights on the remaining six courts at Cantley Park due to open 18 May at part of the Nature Valley Big Tennis...
14 May 2019
- Twyford Library refurbished
Twyford Library has been given a major refurbishment to resolve a number of maintenance issues with the building.
08 May 2019
- California Country Park improvement project update
The major improvement project at California Country Park is on track with new spaces open in the car park.
11 April 2019
- New online job seeking service from Wokingham Libraries
Launched this week (1 April), the new Universal Skills online service offers advice on Universal Credit and job seeking skills.
02 April 2019
- Getting in the frame at Bulmershe Leisure Centre
Students from The Bulmershe School and Addington School in Woodley were invited onto the Bulmershe Leisure Centre site to celebrate the start of the new centre's steel frame being erected.
19 March 2019