Leisure and libraries news archive
- Adventure golf comes to Dinton Pastures
There's even more for families to enjoy at Dinton Pastures this summer - a brand new 18-hole adventure golf course.
10 July 2018
- It's game, set and match at Chestnut Park
Budding tennis fans can make the most of Wimbledon fever this summer on newly - refurbished tennis courts at Chestnut Park in Woosehill.
04 July 2018
- Wokingham's Tree: Visible? Valued Vanishing? A talk
Join us at Wokingham Library on Thursday June 19 for a talk from Wokingham District Veteran Tree Association (WDVTA).
29 June 2018
- 2018 Summer Reading Challenge: Mischief Makers with Wokingham Borough Libraries
Wokingham Borough Libraries are calling for children to sign up to read six books this summer as part of Mischief Makers, Summer Reading Challenge 2018.
28 June 2018
- Wokingham Borough Libraries tackling loneliness with 'Reading Well' scheme
The Reading Well national scheme for people living with long-term conditions is being supported across Wokingham Borough libraries this summer.
08 June 2018
- Bookstart Bird Boogie storytime at Wokingham Borough Libraries this June
Wokingham Borough Libraries are marking National Bookstart Week (June 4 to 10) with Bookstart Bird Boogie themes stories and rhyme sessions for children and their parents.
05 June 2018
- Maiden Erlegh Library lease to be terminated
Maiden Erlegh School has told Wokingham Borough Council that it wishes to terminate the lease to operate the library from the school and has suggested that the library close and vacate the site from...
24 May 2018
- Arborfield Leisure Centre officially opened by deputy mayor
The new state of the art Arborfield Green Leisure Centre was officially opened by Wokingham Borough Deputy Mayor, Cllr John Kaiser, earlier this month (14 May).
23 May 2018
- New leisure contract begins this month
Residents can look forward to improvements across Wokingham Borough's leisure centres as Places for People Leisure began the running of centres earlier this month (1 May).
14 May 2018
- Popular annual fun weekend back again at Dinton Pastures
Visitors will be able to try their hand at the array of activities on offer at Dinton Pastures Country Park during its annual Family Fun Weekend next month (2 and 3 June)
10 May 2018
- Bulmershe Leisure Centre planning application submitted
The planning application for the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre has been submitted so people are encouraged to give their feedback on the plans during the statutory consultation period which has now...
24 April 2018
- Carnival Pool to close for two weeks to carry out vital repairs
Vital repair works are set to take place at Carnival Pool in Wokingham starting on Tuesday May 1 for approximately two weeks.
24 April 2018
- Update on California Country Park improvements
Update on the ongoing improvements to California country park.
26 March 2018
- All at your leisure...
With the appointment of the new leisure provider, Places for People, it's exciting times at our borough's leisure centres with significant investment planned to improve the experience for all...
19 March 2018
- Pool closed at Bulmershe Leisure Centre
Wokingham Borough Council has no choice but to permanently close the pool at Bulmershe Leisure Centre, with immediate effect, ahead of the centre's total closure on 27 April to be demolished and...
27 February 2018
- New opening times at Maiden Erlegh Library
As part of the Council's ongoing review of library services following last year's consultation on its Library Offer, from Tuesday January 2, 2018 the opening hours at Maiden Erleigh library will be...
20 February 2018
- Charity Zumba!
More than 50 enthusiastic Zumba fans enjoyed a charity evening of dance at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre.
26 January 2018
- Have your say about the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre
We want to hear what improved facilities would encourage you to use the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre.
17 January 2018
- Council appoints new leisure partner to enhance leisure facilities
Wokingham Borough Council plans significant investment to give residents high quality leisure facilities across the borough to improve and sustain health and wellbeing in their communities.
15 January 2018
- Wokingham Borough primary school gets active
Shinfield St Mary's CE Junior School has been nominated for the Active Primary School Award at the Get Berkshire Active awards 2017
04 January 2018