Leisure and libraries news archive
- New leisure contract begins this month
Residents can look forward to improvements across Wokingham Borough's leisure centres as Places for People Leisure began the running of centres earlier this month (1 May).
14 May 2018
- Popular annual fun weekend back again at Dinton Pastures
Visitors will be able to try their hand at the array of activities on offer at Dinton Pastures Country Park during its annual Family Fun Weekend next month (2 and 3 June)
10 May 2018
- Carnival Pool to close for two weeks to carry out vital repairs
Vital repair works are set to take place at Carnival Pool in Wokingham starting on Tuesday May 1 for approximately two weeks.
24 April 2018
- Update on California Country Park improvements
Update on the ongoing improvements to California country park.
26 March 2018
- All at your leisure...
With the appointment of the new leisure provider, Places for People, it's exciting times at our borough's leisure centres with significant investment planned to improve the experience for all...
19 March 2018
- Pool closed at Bulmershe Leisure Centre
Wokingham Borough Council has no choice but to permanently close the pool at Bulmershe Leisure Centre, with immediate effect, ahead of the centre's total closure on 27 April to be demolished and...
27 February 2018
- New opening times at Maiden Erlegh Library
As part of the Council's ongoing review of library services following last year's consultation on its Library Offer, from Tuesday January 2, 2018 the opening hours at Maiden Erleigh library will be...
20 February 2018
- Charity Zumba!
More than 50 enthusiastic Zumba fans enjoyed a charity evening of dance at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre.
26 January 2018
- Have your say about the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre
We want to hear what improved facilities would encourage you to use the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre.
17 January 2018
- Council appoints new leisure partner to enhance leisure facilities
Wokingham Borough Council plans significant investment to give residents high quality leisure facilities across the borough to improve and sustain health and wellbeing in their communities.
15 January 2018
- Wokingham Borough primary school gets active
Shinfield St Mary's CE Junior School has been nominated for the Active Primary School Award at the Get Berkshire Active awards 2017
04 January 2018
- Programme kicks out anti-social behaviour in Wokingham Borough
Kicks programme, which hopes to reduce instances of anti-social behaviour in the Wokingham borough through football, enjoyed a recent visit from the Parliamentary Under Secretary for Youth and Family...
11 December 2017
- Kick-off for new 3G pitch in Emmbrook
Plans are moving forward for a new 3G football pitch at The Emmbrook School, for both students and the public.
05 December 2017
- Executive agrees new leisure centre in Woodley
Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive have approved plans for a new leisure centre in Woodley.
01 December 2017
- Work begins on 'rad' new skate park
Gravity Engineering has begun work on a new bespoke skate park on London Road, near to St Crispin's Leisure Centre in Wokingham.
21 November 2017
- Regeneration Proposal to be Considered by the Planning Committee
The carnival phase 2 development - is set to be considered by the planning committee on Wednesday 8 November.
03 November 2017
- NEW FLOODLIT 3G FOOTBALL PITCH OPENS IN ARBORFIELD
A brand new 3G football pitch has opened in Arborfield.
02 October 2017
- New 3G pitch in Arborfield
Footballers across the borough can now enjoy refining their skills at a brand new 3G football pitch in Arborfield.
02 October 2017
- Improvement works begin at California Country Park
We've started the first phase of major improvements works at California Country Park in Finchampstead.
31 August 2017
- Outdoor cinema returns to Dinton Pastures
Dinton Pastures' second outdoor cinema weekend is serving up two contrasting treats this August Bank Holiday weekend.
16 August 2017