Leisure and libraries news archive
- Arborfield Library is open for business
Arborfield Library is back and open for business, thanks to a partnership with Arborfield British Legion.
01 August 2016
- Statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding grass cutting
Read the latest statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding our ambitious, long-term grounds maintenance and grass cutting contract.
29 July 2016
- New place to play for young and old alike in Finchampstead
There will be no excuse for people in Finchampstead not to be out and about and active this summer, thanks to the new games areas opened on the Gorse Ride playing field.
29 July 2016
- Big Friendly Read events this August
Wokingham Borough libraries will be running the following activities this August to promote the Summer Reading Challenge - The Big Friendly Read.
27 July 2016
- Hundreds enjoy free tennis at Cantley Park
Last weekend (16 and 17 July) more than 400 hundred Wokingham Borough residents enjoyed free tennis as part of the Great British Tennis Weekend at Cantley Park in Wokingham.
22 July 2016
- Further views wanted on the future of Bulmershe Leisure Centre
Wokingham Borough Council is asking for residents' views on the future of Bulmershe Leisure Centre at another consultation event on Saturday August 6 from 9am to 4pm in Woodley Precinct.
19 July 2016
- Family friendly festival comes to Dinton Pastures next weekend
People will be heading to Dinton Pastures Country Park in Hurst next weekend to enjoy the delights of the family-friendly Marvellous – The Tribute Festival.
15 July 2016
- Open air cinema comes to Dinton Pastures next month
Grease will be the word next month (Friday August 5) when Dinton Pastures Country Park in Hurst hosts a family open air cinema event.
12 July 2016
- Centre pass for Lower Earley's netballers
Thanks to Wokingham Borough Council's £60,000 refurbishment of Chalfont Courts in Lower Earley, Laurel Park Netball Club and Kickz now have the facilities they need.
08 July 2016
- Roald Dahl inspiring children to read and have fun this summer
Wokingham Borough libraries is entering the fantastic world of Roald Dahl to encourage children to read and enjoy stories this summer, as part of the Summer Reading Challenge.
07 July 2016
- All of Dinton is a stage
Dinton Pastures Country Park in Hurst will be brought to life with an interactive outdoor walking theatre at the end of the month (30 July).
06 July 2016
- Big Lunch at Montague Park
Residents from Montague Park got together on Buckhurst Meadows for a barbecue, a good old chin wag and build community spirit.
06 July 2016
- Views wanted on the future of Bulmershe Leisure Centre
Wokingham Borough Council is asking for residents' views on the future of Bulmershe Leisure Centre in Woodley as it explores options for improving the centre.
04 July 2016
- Summer reading challenge for teens
This summer, the borough's teenagers can take part in the Teen Reading Challenge at Wokingham Borough libraries to inspire them to keep reading.
01 July 2016
- Free tennis this July
Wokingham Borough Council is hosting another Great British Tennis Weekend at Cantley Park in Wokingham on Saturday 16 July and Sunday 17 July.
29 June 2016
- Extended opening and self-service plans for libraries
Wokingham Borough Council is set to approve plans to expand and improve its already successful library service.
28 June 2016
- Blog by Wokingham Borough Libraries
Did you know Wokingham Borough Libraries has a blog detailing events, books and celebrations being held in its premises across the borough?
27 June 2016
- The Big Scoop at Dinton Pastures
The Big Scoop event at Dinton Pastures helped dog owners of all levels of canine experience find out about responsible ownership.
27 June 2016
- Wokingham Borough celebrates National Walking Month
Wokingham Borough Council supported National Walking Month last month (May) by offering free, friendly health walks across the Wokingham Borough as part of its Walking for Health scheme.
08 June 2016
- Update regarding grass cutting
Read the latest update from Cllr Angus Ross, executive member for environment, regarding the grass cutting procedure for the Wokingham Borough.
06 June 2016