Leisure and libraries news archive
- Davis Cup comes to Cantley Park following historic win
The Davis Cup by BNP Paribas will arrive in the Wokingham Borough in July as part of a national Trophy Tour of Great Britain launched by the Lawn Tennis Association.
03 June 2016
- Family fun weekend at Dinton Activity Centre
Dinton Activity Centre is hosting its annual family fun weekend on Saturday 4 June and Sunday 5 June with lots of activities for all ages.
02 June 2016
- Wokingham Borough libraries go outside to celebrate books and love of reading
We are celebrating National Bookstart Week in June with events at Dinton Pastures and our libraries
02 June 2016
- Thanks to our library volunteers
Dedicated volunteers who use their skills and time to help at Wokingham Borough libraries will be thanked at a celebration on Monday June 6.
31 May 2016
- Supporting Mental Health Awareness Week
We joined a host of organisations and agencies across the country to promote Mental Health Awareness Week.
27 May 2016
- Improvements at Carnival Pool
Young swimmers in Wokingham Borough will have even more fun at the Carnival Pool, thanks to new play equipment.
26 May 2016
- Dog event at Dinton Pastures
Dog owners and lovers are invited to a special free canine event in the Riverside Retreat area at Dinton Pastures on Sunday 19 June.
25 May 2016
- Wokingham Library celebrates The Queen's 90th birthday
Wokingham Library is celebrating Her Majesty The Queen's 90th birthday with some right royal events, from 28 May to 18 June.
25 May 2016
- A new approach to maintaining our public open spaces
Following a high volume of complaints from residents, we realised our way of maintaining public open space, such as parks and pitches, needed to be updated.
24 May 2016
- Bookstart in Wokingham Borough
More than 4,500 children aged under five across Wokingham Borough have received their Bookstart packs via libraries, children's centres and health visitors.
24 May 2016
- Carnival Pool car park closure
As part of the multi-million pound Wokingham town centre regeneration project, Wokingham Borough Council is building a new 529 space multi-storey car park at the Carnival Pool site.
17 May 2016
- Library events for young people this May half term
This May half term it's events galore for young people at Wokingham Borough libraries. Check out what's on offer.
13 May 2016
- Join National Walking Month and walk your way to better health
As part of National Walking Month, Wokingham Borough Council's health walks team is supporting the scheme by offering free, friendly health walks throughout May.
12 May 2016
- Street parties to celebrate the Queen's 90th
If you are planning a street party to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday, there is now a special section on the council's website to help you apply to do this.
05 May 2016
- Woodley Library 30th Anniversary Celebrations
In May, Woodley Library celebrates its 30th anniversary after opening its doors on its present site on 12 May 1986.
27 April 2016
- Set back will not stop Ryeish Green Sports Centre reopening
Wokingham Borough Council remains fully committed to re-opening Ryeish Green Sports Centre after its first choice partner to run the facility unfortunately pulled out.
11 April 2016
- Carnival Pool improvement work
1Life, in partnership with Wokingham Borough Council, will be carrying improvement works to the pool facilities at Carnival Pool next month (April).
29 March 2016
- A defibrillator for Dinton
Members of Wokingham Community First Responders (CFR) have raised the £2,000 needed to buy a defibrillator and secure lock box for Dinton Pastures Country Park in Hurst.
24 March 2016
- New grass cutting service starts next month
As of 1 April a new grass cutting service will start in the Wokingham Borough targeting areas of most importance to residents and maintaining the grassland and wildflower meadows.
22 March 2016
- Library fest 2016: Celebration in the Wokingham Borough
The Arts Council funded festival, celebrating all things arty, is back for 2016 and was launched on World Book Day earlier this month (3 March) and runs until World Book Night on 23 April.
16 March 2016