Planning and housing news archive
- Have your say on adoption of new infrastructure
The procedure for adopting new roads, open spaces, landscaping and play areas once housing developments have been completed is now the focus of special group set up specifically to examine it.
04 October 2019
- Council cleared in Hare Hatch Sheeplands planning enforcement investigation
Officers and councillors at Wokingham Borough Council have been cleared of any maladministration or unprofessional conduct in an independent investigation into the council's planning enforcement...
27 August 2019
- Almost 47000 residents say government-imposed housing target is too high
Wokingham Borough Council has been overwhelmed by the number of responses to the Housing Target Consultation, with just under 50,000 individual responses received of which 46,807 (94%) said no to the...
21 August 2019
- Council pushes forward with Arborfield war memorial
Wokingham Borough Council's plans to install a memorial stone in Arborfield, dedicated to the brave members of the Arborfield Royal Observer Corps, took a major step forward this week as the stone...
06 August 2019
- Borough council wins costs after successful planning enforcement appeal hearing
Wokingham Borough Council has won appeal costs from a resident who had been caught letting a barn and stables he had converted into a house, despite not having the right planning permission.
04 July 2019
- Public consultation on major housing development proposal in South Wokingham
Residents are being invited to comment on planning applications submitted for a major housing development proposed in South Wokingham.
19 June 2019
- Response to court decision on Hare Hatch / Sheeplands
Wokingham Borough Council's success in defending the Green Belt from unauthorised development at Hare Hatch / Sheeplands, and its determination to continue that protection, remain unchanged despite a...
16 April 2019
- Have your say on future development of Wokingham Borough
Residents across Wokingham Borough are being urged to get involved and help plan future development in the area.
19 March 2019
- Council seeks residents' views on re-design of California Cross Roads
Wokingham Borough Council is asking residents for their input to the California Cross Project which is aiming to create a real village centre for the area.
27 February 2019
- BBC's Council House Crackdown highlights importance of Council Housing Companies in delivering more homes for affordable rent
Wokingham Housing (WHL, our housing company, is featured in series four of the BBC documentary 'Council House Crackdown'. The day time television series follow's local authority housing investigators...
27 February 2019
- Self build homes project moving forward
Wokingham Borough Council's first self-build housing project has been given the green light by the council's decision-making executive. The project will see 21 self-build plots of land at Wheatsheaf...
08 February 2019
- Gorse Ride public exhibitions for next phase of regeneration
The drop-in sessions on the 9th (10am -1.30pm) and 15th (3 -7.30pm) February, at St Mary's and St John's Parish Centre in Finchampstead, will give residents and interested parties the chance to see,...
06 February 2019
- Homes for the Future consultation - plenty of time to join the conversation
Residents across Wokingham Borough are coming out in large numbers to Wokingham Borough Council's homes for the future consultation events, to learn more and have their say about how the borough will...
28 January 2019
- Mayor of Wokingham Borough opens Sutton Court development
Mayor of Wokingham Borough, Cllr John Kaiser, was joined by partners to officially open the new Sutton Court affordable housing development on Friday 11 January.
16 January 2019
- Opening doors for key workers
Twenty-two brand new key worker apartments at the new Peach Place development in Wokingham town centre are nearly ready to welcome their new occupants.
20 December 2018
- Wokingham Borough Council all set to deliver new social housing in 2019
Six former council homes on Tape Lane, Hurst have now been demolished and early in the new year, construction will start on 11 much needed, new, social rent homes. The new homes are funded by...
20 December 2018
- Fostering a new beginning for older living
Fosters independent living scheme in Woodley has been open for almost a
year now so we've caught up Rita Sheppard, one of its first tenants to move in.
20 December 2018
- Shute End car park reopens
Work at Elms Field in Wokingham took another step forward this week as the car park at the Council's Shute End Civic offices reopened.
19 December 2018
- Demolition marks milestone in Gorse Ride regeneration
Wokingham Borough Council's Gorse Ride regeneration has taken a further step forward with demolition of the former Cockayne Court Care Home and surrounding properties now underway.
12 December 2018
- Involving you in planning
Wokingham Borough Council is updating its Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) and wants to hear your views.
19 November 2018