Planning and housing news archive
- New technology to help people find out about Tree Preservation Orders
Wokingham Borough Council is making it easier to find out about tree protection near you, thanks to its new web mapping technology.
26 October 2018
- Next steps towards carefully planned development in the Borough
Wokingham Borough Council is set to agree a substantial engagement package when its decision-making executive discusses its Local Plan Update next week.
19 October 2018
- Next phase of improvements at California Country Park due to start this month
The next phase of improvement works at California Country Park in Finchampstead is due to start at the end of October following the appointment of PT Contracting Ltd.
17 October 2018
- Great news for Wokingham book lovers
We're pleased to announce Waterstones as the latest fantastic name signing up for a unit in the new Peach Place development.
16 October 2018
- First phase redevelopment plans for Gorse Ride approved
The first phase of Wokingham Borough Council's ambitious £30million redevelopment of the Gorse Ride residential estate in Finchampstead has been approved by the planning committee.
11 October 2018
- Bringing more affordable homes to Wokingham Borough
At its meeting on Thursday (September 27), Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive will consider proposals to select a development partner for housing schemes in Wokingham and Woodley.
27 September 2018
- BBC's Council House Crackdown highlights importance of Council Housing Companies in delivering more homes for affordable rent
Wokingham Housing (WHL, our housing company, is featured in series four of the BBC documentary 'Council House Crackdown'. The day time television series follow's local authority housing investigators...
24 September 2018
- Site handover marks latest phase of new Matthewsgreen community centre and primary school
Another milestone has been reached in the latest phase of the new community centre and primary school in the North Wokingham Strategic Development Location.
17 September 2018
- Traders to return to Wokingham Market Place
Traders will make a welcome return to Wokingham Market Place next week as the improvement works reach completion.
29 August 2018
- Works on Wellington Road and the memorial bench
Work is beginning on Tuesday (28 August) to construct a new drop off area adjacent to the Carnival Pool on Wellington Road as part of the Elms Field regeneration.
24 August 2018
- Council left enraged and exasperated by Sonning Golf Club appeal decision
Wokingham Borough Council has been left enraged and exasperated by a planning inspector's decision to allow 13 new houses to be built at Sonning Golf Club.
16 August 2018
- Further update on works in Wokingham Town Centre
If you've walked around Market Place in the last few days you will see how close we are to finishing the works.
15 August 2018
- Minerals and Waste Plan consultation
Wokingham Borough Council is consulting on a Draft Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
06 August 2018
- A fresh face for Wokingham
Wokingham town centre will have a fresh face this summer as scaffolding starts to come down along Peach Street and the new Peach Place development is revealed.
25 July 2018
- Have your say on the Gorse Ride planning application
Simply visit Wokingham Borough Council's website, search 'planning applications' and input the reference number 181951. The consultation is due to finish on 13 August.
23 July 2018
- Funding bid for possible new settlement at Grazeley passes first test
Wokingham Borough Council's ongoing partnership work to ensure future housing development is well-planned and accompanied by the necessary investment in schools, transport, community, sporting and...
24 May 2018
- Market Place Improvement update
With viewing areas now set up around the Market Place Improvement works in Wokingham Town Centre, the area's great new look is emerging.
The York Stone that will provide Market Place's finish is now...
24 May 2018
- Elms Field update
You will start to see lots happening around Elms Field as the preparations ramp up ready for our contractor McLaughlin & Harvey to start construction in mid-March.
24 May 2018
- Successful prosecution recoups more than £100,000 from companies for breaching planning rules
Two companies responsible for allowing an unauthorised vehicle repair businesses to be run at Warren Farm in Wokingham have been ordered to pay a combined total of more than £130,000 in fines and...
24 May 2018
- Traffic Restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival Roundabout) and Langborough Road
Find out more about the traffic restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival roundabout) and Langborough Road
22 May 2018