Planning and housing news archive
- Site handover marks latest phase of new Matthewsgreen community centre and primary school
Another milestone has been reached in the latest phase of the new community centre and primary school in the North Wokingham Strategic Development Location.
17 September 2018
- Traders to return to Wokingham Market Place
Traders will make a welcome return to Wokingham Market Place next week as the improvement works reach completion.
29 August 2018
- Works on Wellington Road and the memorial bench
Work is beginning on Tuesday (28 August) to construct a new drop off area adjacent to the Carnival Pool on Wellington Road as part of the Elms Field regeneration.
24 August 2018
- Council left enraged and exasperated by Sonning Golf Club appeal decision
Wokingham Borough Council has been left enraged and exasperated by a planning inspector's decision to allow 13 new houses to be built at Sonning Golf Club.
16 August 2018
- Further update on works in Wokingham Town Centre
If you've walked around Market Place in the last few days you will see how close we are to finishing the works.
15 August 2018
- Minerals and Waste Plan consultation
Wokingham Borough Council is consulting on a Draft Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
06 August 2018
- A fresh face for Wokingham
Wokingham town centre will have a fresh face this summer as scaffolding starts to come down along Peach Street and the new Peach Place development is revealed.
25 July 2018
- Have your say on the Gorse Ride planning application
Simply visit Wokingham Borough Council's website, search 'planning applications' and input the reference number 181951. The consultation is due to finish on 13 August.
23 July 2018
- Funding bid for possible new settlement at Grazeley passes first test
Wokingham Borough Council's ongoing partnership work to ensure future housing development is well-planned and accompanied by the necessary investment in schools, transport, community, sporting and...
24 May 2018
- Market Place Improvement update
With viewing areas now set up around the Market Place Improvement works in Wokingham Town Centre, the area's great new look is emerging.
The York Stone that will provide Market Place's finish is now...
24 May 2018
- Elms Field update
You will start to see lots happening around Elms Field as the preparations ramp up ready for our contractor McLaughlin & Harvey to start construction in mid-March.
24 May 2018
- Successful prosecution recoups more than £100,000 from companies for breaching planning rules
Two companies responsible for allowing an unauthorised vehicle repair businesses to be run at Warren Farm in Wokingham have been ordered to pay a combined total of more than £130,000 in fines and...
24 May 2018
- Traffic Restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival Roundabout) and Langborough Road
Find out more about the traffic restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival roundabout) and Langborough Road
22 May 2018
- Multi-million pound redevelopment of Gorse Ride estate set for go ahead
The outdated housing on Gorse Ride estate is set to be demolished and replaced by high quality new homes thanks to an investment of about £30million from Wokingham Borough Council.
09 May 2018
- Works on Denmark Street in Wokingham
During this first phase of construction at Elms Field in Wokingham, the Borough Council will need to carry out a range of works at the bottom of Denmark Street.
08 May 2018
- Wokingham Housing: the story so far...
Find out what our housing developer, Wokingham Housing, has been up to.
24 April 2018
- Construction to begin on next phase of Wokingham Town Centre Regeneration
Wokingham Borough Council's ambitious regeneration plans to create a great future for Wokingham town centre are moving forward rapidly as preparations continue to start work on Elms Field in...
05 March 2018
- Tree works at Elms Field
Preparations for the regeneration of Elms Field are continuing with contractors undertaking tree works on the site.
07 February 2018
- Update on Market Place
Latest newsletter about the Market Place Improvement Scheme has been published
29 January 2018
- Local Plan Update and masterplanning
Latest on the Local Plan Update
26 January 2018