Recycling and rubbish news archive
- Man fined £150 for illegally dumping household waste
Jamie Daniel Costello of Lower Early was convicted at Reading Magistrates Court of fly tipping offences dating back to May 2017.
27 December 2017
- Community groups sign up to win a share of £15,000 in re3 glass recycling initiative
Community groups, schools and charities still have the opportunity to sign up for their chance of winning £15,000 in the new glass recycling campaign prize draw launched by re3.
12 December 2017
- Reminding residents of changes to recycling and waste collections over the festive period
Residents are reminded to look out for their copy of the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News, which contains information about Christmas waste and recycling collections.
08 December 2017
- Woman fined £1,157 for illegally dumping waste
Lisa Jane Hopkins of Winnersh was found guilty and convicted of fly tipping offences at Reading Magistrates Court on 23 October 2017.
26 October 2017
- Enhanced weekly waste and recycling collections
Plans for a waste food recycling service.
26 September 2017
- A huge thank you to all the volunteers who took part and helped to make this springs community litter pick the best ever
A huge thank you to all the volunteers who took part and helped to make this springs community litter pick the best ever
18 April 2017
- Help make a difference to your local area and raise awareness that litter is not acceptable
Wokingham Borough Council is inviting all residents to come along and take part in the annual community litter pick on Saturday April 1 and Sunday April 2.
17 March 2017
- Time to renew or sign up for garden waste service
By now, all Wokingham Borough residents who are part of the garden waste collection service (brown wheeled-bin) will have received a letter and invoice inviting them to renew the service for 2017/18.
03 March 2017
- Blue bags for 2017/18 are on their way this month
From next Monday (February 13) more than five million blue bags, to be used for household waste, will start to be delivered by Wokingham Borough Council.
10 February 2017
- re3 and Love Food Hate Waste training sessions
re3 and Love Food Hate Waste are running a series of training sessions to help people get the most out of their food and share food waste reduction tips with their friends and family.
13 January 2017
- Reminding residents to keep an eye out for Christmas recycling and waste information
In the run up to Christmas, Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents to keep an eye out for the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News as it contains information about Christmas recycling...
05 December 2016
- Traffic lane upgrades completed at re3's recycling centres
Construction work to improve traffic access to re3's recycling centres in Bracknell and Reading is now complete.
30 September 2016
- Online application forms now available for re3 commercial vehicle permits
From Friday (30 September), re3 area residents visiting the re3 recycling centres in a commercial or commercial type vehicle will need to apply for a permit at least 24 hours before every visit.
28 September 2016
- Non-household waste charges coming into effect at re3 recycling centres from this Friday
From this Friday (30 September), re3 recycling centres in Reading and Bracknell are introducing charges for some non-household waste.
27 September 2016
- Winnersh Primary School collect £1,000 grant from Greenredeem community
Wokingham Borough residents have donated over 149,619 Greenredeem points to Winnersh Primary School as part of the Greenredeem School donations programme.
20 September 2016
- Bin bag splitting initiative at re3 recycling centres aims to boost recycling rates
Staff at re3's recycling centres are sorting through waste brought to the facilities in bin bags as a way to increase recycling rates.
13 September 2016
- re3 outlines changes to recycling centres in waste acceptance policy
re3's refreshed Waste Acceptance Policy is now available on the re3 website. It includes essential information on changes at the Bracknell and Reading recycling centres.
07 September 2016
- Help celebrate National Recycling Week
This month sees National Recycling Week (12 to 18 September) and Wokingham Borough Council is marking the date with a series of fun information sessions.
05 September 2016
- Reducing our waste
In a bid to encourage Wokingham Borough residents to recycle more, follow some of these handy tips.
30 August 2016
- Statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding grass cutting
Read the latest statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding our ambitious, long-term grounds maintenance and grass cutting contract.
29 July 2016