Recycling and rubbish news archive
- Cut your engine and cut air pollution on Clean Air Day 20 June 2019
Thursday 20 June is Clean Air Day and the Public Protection Partnership (PPP), which delivers Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards services across Wokingham Borough, Bracknell...
19 June 2019
- Wokingham borough residents double donations to re3
re3 is pleased to report a significant spark in the popularity of the Reuse Scheme available to residents of Bracknell Forest, Reading and Wokingham Boroughs. Only last year, the volume of goods...
11 June 2019
- Wokingham residents recycle 383 tonnes of food waste
Wokingham Borough Council's first month of food waste recycling has been a huge success, with residents collecting a staggering 383 tonnes of leftover food. That's the equivalent weight of more than...
28 May 2019
- More than 66 tonnnes of food waste collected in first week
Last week Wokingham Borough residents experienced the first collection of their food waste as part of the council's initiative to increase our recycling rates. In the first week of the scheme, some...
09 April 2019
- Food waste collections start next week
Wokingham Borough residents will be joining the fight to improve our carbon footprint as food waste collections start next week.
27 March 2019
- Chance to join neighbours on annual litter pick
Community-minded residents will be out and about across Wokingham Borough on March 23 and 24 to take part in the Annual Community Litter Pick.
20 March 2019
- Changes coming to garden waste services
Residents who use Wokingham Borough Council's garden waste services will see some changes to collections from April.
22 February 2019
- Blue bags for 2019/20 are on the way
Delivery of more than five million blue waste bags by Wokingham Borough Council will start today (Monday 21 January).
21 January 2019
- Reminding residents of changes to recycling and waste collections over the festive period
Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents to look out for their copy of the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News for more information about Christmas waste and recycling collections.
06 December 2018
- Opening up Peach Street
Shoppers will be able to stroll in front of the new Peach Street shop frontages from this weekend when the new look pavement opens up.
22 November 2018
- Food waste collections are coming
It will soon be even easier for Wokingham Borough residents to recycle as food waste collections are coming to the borough in April.
22 November 2018
- Wokingham Borough aims to reduce costs and improve recycling with new waste strategy
Wokingham Borough Council's executive approved the new re3 waste strategy on Thursday, 27 September.
02 October 2018
- re3 launches re3cyclopedia app to help residents recycle more and recycle right
Wokingham Borough residents can get more help to recycle with the new re3cyclopedia app.
24 September 2018
- Minerals and Waste Plan consultation
Wokingham Borough Council is consulting on a Draft Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
06 August 2018
- Licensed waste carrier convicted of causing fly-tipping
A professional waste carrier has been convicted of causing fly-tipping on Castle Hill in Wokingham, after failing to ensure that a third party he'd employed had legally disposed of the waste on his...
25 July 2018
- Getting tougher on environmental crime
Wokingham Borough Council and the Public Protection Partnership (PPP) are now working together to target fly-tipping and other environmental crimes across the Wokingham Borough.
25 July 2018
- Summer recycling tips
With the warm weather and blue(ish) skies now upon us, the BBQs and lawn mowers are out! But there's plenty of ways to enjoy the long summer days while keeping waste in check.
12 July 2018
- Peach Street - temporary road closure and footpath works July 2018
With scaffolding coming down at Peach Place in Wokingham town centre work will now start on installing new underground services and relaying the footpath along the new Peach Street frontage.
11 July 2018
- Minerals and waste plan public meetings in July
Wokingham Borough Council is producing a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
11 July 2018
- Spencers Wood man fined over £800 for fly-tipping offences
A landscape gardener from Spencers Wood has been fined more than £800 for fly-tipping offences dating back to July 2017.
07 June 2018