Recycling and rubbish news archive
- Chance to join neighbours on annual litter pick
Community-minded residents will be out and about across Wokingham Borough on March 23 and 24 to take part in the Annual Community Litter Pick.
20 March 2019
- Changes coming to garden waste services
Residents who use Wokingham Borough Council's garden waste services will see some changes to collections from April.
22 February 2019
- Blue bags for 2019/20 are on the way
Delivery of more than five million blue waste bags by Wokingham Borough Council will start today (Monday 21 January).
21 January 2019
- Reminding residents of changes to recycling and waste collections over the festive period
Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents to look out for their copy of the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News for more information about Christmas waste and recycling collections.
06 December 2018
- Opening up Peach Street
Shoppers will be able to stroll in front of the new Peach Street shop frontages from this weekend when the new look pavement opens up.
22 November 2018
- Food waste collections are coming
It will soon be even easier for Wokingham Borough residents to recycle as food waste collections are coming to the borough in April.
22 November 2018
- Wokingham Borough aims to reduce costs and improve recycling with new waste strategy
Wokingham Borough Council's executive approved the new re3 waste strategy on Thursday, 27 September.
02 October 2018
- re3 launches re3cyclopedia app to help residents recycle more and recycle right
Wokingham Borough residents can get more help to recycle with the new re3cyclopedia app.
24 September 2018
- Minerals and Waste Plan consultation
Wokingham Borough Council is consulting on a Draft Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
06 August 2018
- Licensed waste carrier convicted of causing fly-tipping
A professional waste carrier has been convicted of causing fly-tipping on Castle Hill in Wokingham, after failing to ensure that a third party he'd employed had legally disposed of the waste on his...
25 July 2018
- Getting tougher on environmental crime
Wokingham Borough Council and the Public Protection Partnership (PPP) are now working together to target fly-tipping and other environmental crimes across the Wokingham Borough.
25 July 2018
- Summer recycling tips
With the warm weather and blue(ish) skies now upon us, the BBQs and lawn mowers are out! But there's plenty of ways to enjoy the long summer days while keeping waste in check.
12 July 2018
- Peach Street - temporary road closure and footpath works July 2018
With scaffolding coming down at Peach Place in Wokingham town centre work will now start on installing new underground services and relaying the footpath along the new Peach Street frontage.
11 July 2018
- Minerals and waste plan public meetings in July
Wokingham Borough Council is producing a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
11 July 2018
- Spencers Wood man fined over £800 for fly-tipping offences
A landscape gardener from Spencers Wood has been fined more than £800 for fly-tipping offences dating back to July 2017.
07 June 2018
- Wokingham man fined £1,500 for dumping green waste
Nicol Handyside of Emmbrook Road, Wokingham has been convicted for fly tipping offences after pleading guilty to dumping green waste.
11 May 2018
- Disgusting dog fouling blighted Remenham footpath
Walkers hoping to enjoy a pleasant stroll along a Remenham footpath instead faced a less pleasant experience thanks to selfish dog owners who had left enough dog mess to fill eight large bin bags.
08 May 2018
- re3grow compost is now on sale at re3 Recycling Centres
re3 celebrates the upcoming Compost Awareness Week, 6-12 May by launching its branded compost re3grow.
04 May 2018
- Community groups sign up to win a share of £15,000 in re3 glass recycling initiative
Community groups, schools and charities still have the opportunity to sign up for their chance of winning £15,000 in the new glass recycling campaign prize draw launched by re3.
05 April 2018
- Recycle even more from your home
Plastic pots, tubs and trays as well as foil and cartons recycling now available across the re3 area
13 February 2018