Recycling and rubbish news archive
- Minerals and Waste Plan consultation
Wokingham Borough Council is consulting on a Draft Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
06 August 2018
- Licensed waste carrier convicted of causing fly-tipping
A professional waste carrier has been convicted of causing fly-tipping on Castle Hill in Wokingham, after failing to ensure that a third party he'd employed had legally disposed of the waste on his...
25 July 2018
- Getting tougher on environmental crime
Wokingham Borough Council and the Public Protection Partnership (PPP) are now working together to target fly-tipping and other environmental crimes across the Wokingham Borough.
25 July 2018
- Summer recycling tips
With the warm weather and blue(ish) skies now upon us, the BBQs and lawn mowers are out! But there's plenty of ways to enjoy the long summer days while keeping waste in check.
12 July 2018
- Minerals and waste plan public meetings in July
Wokingham Borough Council is producing a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
11 July 2018
- Peach Street - temporary road closure and footpath works July 2018
With scaffolding coming down at Peach Place in Wokingham town centre work will now start on installing new underground services and relaying the footpath along the new Peach Street frontage.
11 July 2018
- Spencers Wood man fined over £800 for fly-tipping offences
A landscape gardener from Spencers Wood has been fined more than £800 for fly-tipping offences dating back to July 2017.
07 June 2018
- Wokingham man fined £1,500 for dumping green waste
Nicol Handyside of Emmbrook Road, Wokingham has been convicted for fly tipping offences after pleading guilty to dumping green waste.
11 May 2018
- Disgusting dog fouling blighted Remenham footpath
Walkers hoping to enjoy a pleasant stroll along a Remenham footpath instead faced a less pleasant experience thanks to selfish dog owners who had left enough dog mess to fill eight large bin bags.
08 May 2018
- re3grow compost is now on sale at re3 Recycling Centres
re3 celebrates the upcoming Compost Awareness Week, 6-12 May by launching its branded compost re3grow.
04 May 2018
- Community groups sign up to win a share of £15,000 in re3 glass recycling initiative
Community groups, schools and charities still have the opportunity to sign up for their chance of winning £15,000 in the new glass recycling campaign prize draw launched by re3.
05 April 2018
- Recycle even more from your home
Plastic pots, tubs and trays as well as foil and cartons recycling now available across the re3 area
13 February 2018
- Blue bags for 2018/19 are on their way
Over five million blue waste bags will be delivered to residents across the borough from today (12 February).
12 February 2018
- Food waste collection set to be introduced next year
Wokingham Borough resident's will be able to recycle food waste from their doorstep under plans approved by Wokingham Borough Council's executive at their meeting on January 25.
06 February 2018
- Man fined £150 for illegally dumping household waste
Jamie Daniel Costello of Lower Early was convicted at Reading Magistrates Court of fly tipping offences dating back to May 2017.
27 December 2017
- Reminding residents of changes to recycling and waste collections over the festive period
Residents are reminded to look out for their copy of the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News, which contains information about Christmas waste and recycling collections.
08 December 2017
- Woman fined £1,157 for illegally dumping waste
Lisa Jane Hopkins of Winnersh was found guilty and convicted of fly tipping offences at Reading Magistrates Court on 23 October 2017.
26 October 2017
- Enhanced weekly waste and recycling collections
Plans for a waste food recycling service.
26 September 2017
- A huge thank you to all the volunteers who took part and helped to make this springs community litter pick the best ever
A huge thank you to all the volunteers who took part and helped to make this springs community litter pick the best ever
18 April 2017
- Help make a difference to your local area and raise awareness that litter is not acceptable
Wokingham Borough Council is inviting all residents to come along and take part in the annual community litter pick on Saturday April 1 and Sunday April 2.
17 March 2017