Recycling and rubbish news archive
- Blue bags for 2017/18 are on their way this month
From next Monday (February 13) more than five million blue bags, to be used for household waste, will start to be delivered by Wokingham Borough Council.
10 February 2017
- re3 and Love Food Hate Waste training sessions
re3 and Love Food Hate Waste are running a series of training sessions to help people get the most out of their food and share food waste reduction tips with their friends and family.
13 January 2017
- Reminding residents to keep an eye out for Christmas recycling and waste information
In the run up to Christmas, Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents to keep an eye out for the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News as it contains information about Christmas recycling...
05 December 2016
- Traffic lane upgrades completed at re3's recycling centres
Construction work to improve traffic access to re3's recycling centres in Bracknell and Reading is now complete.
30 September 2016
- Online application forms now available for re3 commercial vehicle permits
From Friday (30 September), re3 area residents visiting the re3 recycling centres in a commercial or commercial type vehicle will need to apply for a permit at least 24 hours before every visit.
28 September 2016
- Non-household waste charges coming into effect at re3 recycling centres from this Friday
From this Friday (30 September), re3 recycling centres in Reading and Bracknell are introducing charges for some non-household waste.
27 September 2016
- Winnersh Primary School collect £1,000 grant from Greenredeem community
Wokingham Borough residents have donated over 149,619 Greenredeem points to Winnersh Primary School as part of the Greenredeem School donations programme.
20 September 2016
- Bin bag splitting initiative at re3 recycling centres aims to boost recycling rates
Staff at re3's recycling centres are sorting through waste brought to the facilities in bin bags as a way to increase recycling rates.
13 September 2016
- re3 outlines changes to recycling centres in waste acceptance policy
re3's refreshed Waste Acceptance Policy is now available on the re3 website. It includes essential information on changes at the Bracknell and Reading recycling centres.
07 September 2016
- Help celebrate National Recycling Week
This month sees National Recycling Week (12 to 18 September) and Wokingham Borough Council is marking the date with a series of fun information sessions.
05 September 2016
- Reducing our waste
In a bid to encourage Wokingham Borough residents to recycle more, follow some of these handy tips.
30 August 2016
- Statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding grass cutting
Read the latest statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding our ambitious, long-term grounds maintenance and grass cutting contract.
29 July 2016
- Even more online services available
In the last edition of Wokingham Borough News we told you about the new online account on our website where you can access some Council services and make requests.
27 July 2016
- How to use your re3 recycling centre resident's permit
With less than a week left until re3 recycling centres introduce new visitor access requirements on 1st July, residents are being reminded to use the vinyl permits that have now been posted.
27 June 2016
- re3 recycling centre permits now being posted to every household
23,000 recycling centre visitor permits a day are now being sent out via Royal Mail to households in the re3 area of Bracknell Forest, Reading and Wokingham.
15 June 2016
- Update regarding grass cutting
Read the latest update from Cllr Angus Ross, executive member for environment, regarding the grass cutting procedure for the Wokingham Borough.
06 June 2016
- Re3 recycling centres open to Wokingham, Bracknell Forest and Reading residents only from 1 July
re3 recycling centres are introducing changes to how visitors access their sites following the decision by West Berkshire Council to end a joint recycling agreement.
17 May 2016
- Changes to re3 recycling centres
re3 are introducing further changes to the Bracknell and Reading recycling centres in a drive to improve efficiency and make essential savings.
17 May 2016
- re3 fact sheets show the value of waste
re3, the waste management partnership for central Berkshire, is launching a series of fact sheets to help residents understand the value of waste and support them in recycling more and better.
23 March 2016
- Love your neighbourhood by taking part in the annual litter pick
Saturday 19 March and Sunday 20 March mark the ninth annual Wokingham Borough community litter pick, and Wokingham Borough Council is inviting all residents to pitch in and take part.
07 March 2016