Roads and travel news archive
- Progress on Lower Earley Way Improvements
Good progress is being made on one of Wokingham Borough's major highways schemes, with pre-construction works for the improvements at Lower Earley Way due to start shortly.
26 October 2018
- Market Place completion update
Wokingham Borough Council is sorry to inform residents that the Market Place Improvement project will not now be completed until mid-August.
26 October 2018
- Rosemary Avenue Bus Lay-By update
Please accept our sincere apologies for the short notice in updating you on the works being carried out at Rosemary Ave bus lay-by.
26 October 2018
- Information about International Street Concert and associated road closure
Find out more about the Wokingham International Street concert and related road closure
26 October 2018
- New highway and transport contract awarded
Wokingham Borough Council has announced that their new highways and transport contracts have been awarded to WSP and VolkerHighways.
03 October 2018
- Council to improve links for cyclist and pedestrians to Dinton Pastures
As part of its borough-wide sustainable travel campaign 'My Journey', Wokingham Borough Council will start work on a new shared footway and cycleway this autumn.
01 October 2018
- Kissing gates improve access for walkers in Hurst
Hurst residents will be able to make the most of their open spaces following the installation of a number of kissing gates on popular walking routes around the parish.
17 September 2018
- Council revises plans for Winnersh Relief Road phase 2 after valuable feedback from residents
Thanks to the valuable feedback from local residents and businesses, we have made a number of improvements to its planning application for Winnersh Relief Road phase two.
13 September 2018
- Parking at Shute End
You can still park at our Shute End offices between now & October (during work on the carpark) as the number of spaces for 17 visitors (30 min max), Blue Badge holders (6) & the Register Office (2)...
02 August 2018
- Update on Wokingham town centre works this summer
Work in Wokingham town centre is continuing at pace and over the next few weeks residents will see significant changes in the town centre as the Market Place works complete and Denmark Street...
27 July 2018
- Council schedules in roadworks over the school summer holidays
Wokingham Borough Council is working hard once again to fulfil the wishes of its residents by scheduling in a number of major roadworks, as well as works in the vicinity of local schools, all within...
18 July 2018
- Thank you for taking part in our Transport and Highways survey
More than 1,000 people took part in our Transport and Highways Survey last year, and your feedback is already helping us provide better and timelier information about roadworks and other disruption.
12 July 2018
- Peach Street - temporary road closure and footpath works July 2018
With scaffolding coming down at Peach Place in Wokingham town centre work will now start on installing new underground services and relaying the footpath along the new Peach Street frontage.
11 July 2018
- Popular bus returns in response to consultation
Circular bus routes linking north Earley, Woodley and Maiden Erlegh with Royal Berkshire Hospital and Reading town centre are being reintroduced from 3 September - replacing the existing temporary...
09 July 2018
- Council's young driver programme picks up another safety award
Drivestart fought off competition from Atkins, Scotland TranServ and Transport for London.
05 July 2018
- Permanent safe crossing to be built at eight schools
Wokingham Borough Council is to build eight new permanent pedestrian crossings at school sites across the borough.
15 June 2018
- Phase one of the Winnersh Relief Road opening Monday 11 June
The first phase of the Winnersh Relief Road (WRR), connecting the B3270 Lower Earley Way to the B3030 King Street Lane, is due to open on Monday 11 June.
08 June 2018
- A329M closure due to urgent works
Urgent highway maintenance is required to be carried out on the section of the A329M that runs over the M4 around junction 10 on Saturday 9 June.
07 June 2018
- Council hosts North Wokingham Distributor Road exhibition ahead of latest planning application
The event will be specifically dedicated to providing information on the West of Old Forest Road and Toutley Road section as the council plans to submit its planning application for this part of the...
06 June 2018
- Temporary closure of footpath through the former Paddocks car park
We have temporarily closed the footpath through the former Paddocks car park for a period of up to two weeks to make improvements following a police incident
01 June 2018