Roads and travel news archive
- DriveStart receives royal recognition
Safer Roads Berkshire is celebrating after being awarded with a highly prestigious Prince Michael International Road Safety Award for the DriveStart young driver programme.
05 January 2018
- Chance to see plans for California Greenway Phase 2
Plans for the next phase of California Greenway – the traffic-free multi user route that will link Finchamspstead and the new Arborfield Green development – have gone on show.
The new section of...
04 December 2017
- Free weekend parking during the festive period
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce free daytime parking in the three weekends running up to Christmas (from Saturday 9 December).
29 November 2017
- Child safety comes first at car seat safety clinic
Parents and carers were shown the importance of a correctly fitted child car seat at a clinic at Tesco in Finchampstead Road, Wokingham on 27 October.
15 November 2017
- New Thames Crossing strategic outline business case
Four local authorities and two Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) have this week published a joint Strategic Outline Business Case (SOBC) for a new crossing over the River Thames, after agreeing to...
20 October 2017
- 'Free after three' parking in Wokingham town centre to be proposed
With the transformation of Wokingham Market Place well underway, the borough council is set to bring in free parking in Wokingham town centre car parks, if approved by the Executive this month (26...
18 October 2017
- Eastern Gateway planning application submitted
Residents and businesses are being urged to have their say about plans for the second phase of the South Wokingham Distributor Road (SWDR).
17 October 2017
- Virtual parking permits
Wokingham Borough Council is now issuing virtual permits for all on and off-street parking.
02 October 2017
- Market Place refurbishment well underway
Anyone visiting the town cannot fail to have seen the work that is now well underway to provide a much needed refurbishment to our Market Place.
31 August 2017
- Work to begin on King Street Lane for Winnersh Relief Road phase 1
Drivers and pedestrians on King Street Lane and Longdon Road will see work starting this month on part of the new junction that is a component of the Winnersh Relief Road project.
16 August 2017
- Business as Usual - Shop Local: Shop Wokingham
With the market refurbishment starting, we are keen to stress that Wokingham is still open for business and urge residents to continue to support all our shops and market traders.
10 August 2017
- Planning consultation - Arborfield Cross Relief Road
Wokingham Borough Council is urging people to have their say on its newly submitted planning application for Arborfield Cross Relief Road.
03 August 2017
- Overnight closures this week on the A329M
The A329M will be closed overnight tonight (27 July) 28 July and 31 July, between its slip roads with the M4.
27 July 2017
- Works continues on transforming the heart of Wokingham
Work begins later this month to transform the heart of Wokingham market town into a continental-style space of café tables, market stalls, attractive trees and stylish paving designed for all.
25 July 2017
- Free pre-driver training event on August 3
Teenagers in the Wokingham Borough will be starting their journey to becoming a safe new driver at a free pre-driver training event on Thursday August 3.
05 July 2017
- A329M closed overnight 10 and 11 April
The A329M is due to be closed on 10 and 11 April, from 9pm to 6am, between its slip roads with the M4 (junction 10).
03 July 2017
- Emmbrook Road closed 8 to 13 April
A section of Emmbrook Road in Wokingham will be shut from 8 to 13 April for work as part of the new A329 (NCN422) Cycleway.
03 July 2017
- Digital parking enforcement maps
The creation of an online map showing the Wokingham Borough's 500-plus Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) in one place is due to be decided by Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive,...
27 June 2017
- Exhibition for Eastern Gateway planning application
An exhibition detailing the proposed route of the second phase of the South Wokingham Distributor Road (SWDR), known as the Eastern Gateway, is being held at the end of June before the scheme's...
21 June 2017
- Have your say about Wokingham Borough's highways
More than 3,000 residents in the Wokingham Borough are being invited to take part in the National Highways and Transport Survey, and will receive the paperwork in the post from the 19 June onwards.
19 June 2017