Roads and travel news archive
- Thank you for taking part in our Transport and Highways survey
More than 1,000 people took part in our Transport and Highways Survey last year, and your feedback is already helping us provide better and timelier information about roadworks and other disruption.
12 July 2018
- Market Place completion update
Wokingham Borough Council is sorry to inform residents that the Market Place Improvement project will not now be completed until mid-August.
11 July 2018
- Peach Street - temporary road closure and footpath works July 2018
With scaffolding coming down at Peach Place in Wokingham town centre work will now start on installing new underground services and relaying the footpath along the new Peach Street frontage.
11 July 2018
- Popular bus returns in response to consultation
Circular bus routes linking north Earley, Woodley and Maiden Erlegh with Royal Berkshire Hospital and Reading town centre are being reintroduced from 3 September - replacing the existing temporary...
09 July 2018
- Council's young driver programme picks up another safety award
Drivestart fought off competition from Atkins, Scotland TranServ and Transport for London.
05 July 2018
- Permanent safe crossing to be built at eight schools
Wokingham Borough Council is to build eight new permanent pedestrian crossings at school sites across the borough.
15 June 2018
- Phase one of the Winnersh Relief Road opening Monday 11 June
The first phase of the Winnersh Relief Road (WRR), connecting the B3270 Lower Earley Way to the B3030 King Street Lane, is due to open on Monday 11 June.
08 June 2018
- A329M closure due to urgent works
Urgent highway maintenance is required to be carried out on the section of the A329M that runs over the M4 around junction 10 on Saturday 9 June.
07 June 2018
- Council hosts North Wokingham Distributor Road exhibition ahead of latest planning application
The event will be specifically dedicated to providing information on the West of Old Forest Road and Toutley Road section as the council plans to submit its planning application for this part of the...
06 June 2018
- Temporary closure of footpath through the former Paddocks car park
We have temporarily closed the footpath through the former Paddocks car park for a period of up to two weeks to make improvements following a police incident
01 June 2018
- Rosemary Avenue Bus Lay-By update
Please accept our sincere apologies for the short notice in updating you on the works being carried out at Rosemary Ave bus lay-by.
30 May 2018
- Information about International Street Concert and associated road closure
Find out more about the Wokingham International Street concert and related road closure
25 May 2018
- Traffic Restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival Roundabout) and Langborough Road
Find out more about the traffic restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival roundabout) and Langborough Road
22 May 2018
- Works on Denmark Street in Wokingham
During this first phase of construction at Elms Field in Wokingham, the Borough Council will need to carry out a range of works at the bottom of Denmark Street.
08 May 2018
- Council's young drive programme celebrates win at first car awards
Wokingham Borough Council's young drivers' programme Drivestart has been awarded 'Best Partnership Scheme 2018' at the First Car Awards.
02 May 2018
- Easter bike bonanza gets 100 people on their bikes
A free bike bonanza event was held on Thursday April 5 with more than 100 people enjoying a day of fun-filled cycling activities at the FBC centre in Finchampstead.
16 April 2018
- Update on Ryhill Way Bus Lay-By
A statement from Josie Wragg, director of localities and customer services.
06 April 2018
- Council proposes to permanently pedestrianise Luckley Path to improve safety
We are proposing to keep Luckley Path, in Wokingham, permanently closed to vehicles to further improve pedestrian safety and the appearance of the town centre.
05 April 2018
- Council submits planning application for second phase of Winnersh Relief Road
Wokingham Borough Council has submitted a full planning application for Winnersh Relief Road Phase 2 which, subject to planning consent, would connect the B3030 King Street Lane to the A329 Reading...
03 April 2018
- Update on California Country Park improvements
Update on the ongoing improvements to California country park.
26 March 2018