Roads and travel news archive
- Street party road closures – 11 and 12 June
The following roads in the Wokingham Borough will be closed this weekend for street parties commemorating HM The Queen's 90th Birthday.
09 June 2016
- Roads closed Wokingham town centre – Sunday 12 June
The Queen's Birthday Celebration and International Street Concert, organised by Wokingham Town Council
08 June 2016
- Alternative car parking for the Carnival Pool
Users of the Carnival Pool and Superbowl will need to find alternative parking as the car par closes from Monday 6 June due to construction work.
01 June 2016
- Twyford Mill Bridge - temporary closure
Twyford Mill Bridge will be closed from 23 May to 31 July, so that Wokingham Borough Council can carry out essential repairs and strengthening on this 185-year-old bridge.
19 May 2016
- Temporary road closure: Twyford Road and Bell Foundry Road, Wokingham
Twyford Road and Bell Foundry Lane, Wokingham will be closed from 9.30am on 16 May until 1pm on 6 June to allow Bovis Homes to carry out highway improvements.
10 May 2016
- Temporary road closure: Shute End, Wokingham
Shute End, Wokingham will be closed on 8 May to allow Wokingham Borough Council contractors to undertake pavement works in safety.
06 May 2016
- Street parties to celebrate the Queen's 90th
If you are planning a street party to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday, there is now a special section on the council's website to help you apply to do this.
05 May 2016
- Getting ready for Carnival Pool with new car parking arrangements
From 4 April the Wellington House car parks (lower and upper) on Elms Road will become available as temporary short stay public car parks to help meet parking demand in the town centre.
06 April 2016
- Temporary road closure: Matthewsgreen Road, Emmbrook
Matthewsgreen Road will be closed from 11 to 16 April to enable Bovis Homes' contractors to undertake essential foul sewer connection works in relation to a new development in safety.
04 April 2016
- Temporary road closure: Toutley Road, Emmbrook
Toutley Road, Emmbrook will be closed from 18 to 30 April to enable Bovis Homes' contractors to undertake essential foul sewer connection works in relation to a new development in safety.
04 April 2016
- Parking enforcement plans on track
Wokingham Borough Council's plans are on track to take on civil parking enforcement (CPE) across the borough from May 2017.
24 March 2016
- Lighting project is streets ahead
Work starts early next month (April) in Earley on a council project to replace some 8,000 street light columns and more than 13,000 new LED lanterns across the Wokingham Borough.
24 March 2016
- New grass cutting service starts next month
As of 1 April a new grass cutting service will start in the Wokingham Borough targeting areas of most importance to residents and maintaining the grassland and wildflower meadows.
22 March 2016
- Roadworks - Shute End, Wokingham
Roadworks will be taking place between Shute End and Rectory Road, Wokingham from 21 March to 24 April.
21 March 2016
- Hooked on better travel habits
A new report shows how a three-year travel and transport project focusing on the A329 corridor has made a real difference inspiring people to swap their cars for walking, cycling and public...
11 March 2016
- Suttons Seeds Flyover upgrade finishes
The second and final phase of essential improvements to the Suttons Seeds Flyover (A3290) is due to start on March 26 to coincide with the school Easter break when roads are quieter.
03 March 2016
- Youngsters to get behind the wheel at Drive Start
Youngsters to get behind the wheel at Drive Start
02 March 2016
- Temporary extra parking for Wokingham town centre
Wokingham Borough Council plans to create extra parking in the town centre this spring and summer to help alleviate the effects of South West Trains closing its Wokingham Station car park.
25 February 2016
- 300 children get help to learn to ride a bike
300 children get help to learn to ride a bike
11 February 2016
- Chance to hear latest update on the North Wokingham Distributor Road
North Wokingham Distributor Road community forum
05 February 2016