Business and community news archive
- Council redeploy staff to critical community roles
Wokingham Borough Council has redeployed several officers into community and critical roles, in a bid to ensure the health and wellbeing of residents during the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
09 April 2020
- Wokingham Borough Commmunity Hub opens its doors
The Wokingham Borough Community Hub is now open to provide food, toiletries and other essentials to people in Wokingham borough who need them. Wokingham Borough Council is working with local...
25 March 2020
- This Little Piggy comes to Elms Field
Elms Field is the only place to be this weekend, with preparations well underway for the grand opening of This Little Piggy, a popular independent childrenswear boutique. Doors will open at 9.30am on...
11 March 2020
- Are you a litter picking hero?
Come and join the 22 groups so far signed up for our 12th borough community litter pick, on 28 and 29 March.
Last year, 25 groups collected more than 30 tonnes of rubbish. People of all ages take...
11 March 2020
- Construction of multi-million pound Carnival complex starts summer 2020
Work starts this summer on the multi-million pound Carnival complex featuring a new larger leisure centre and library. This means from 10 May 2020, Carnival Pool and Fitness Centre will close its...
03 March 2020
- Combat crime at Wokingham Borough conference
This year's Crime Conference will be held at Wokingham Borough Council offices in Wokingham, with a focus on burglary, fraud and cyber crime.
02 March 2020
- Wokingham regeneration nominated for prestigious planning industry award
Wokingham borough council has been named as a finalist in the category for excellence in planning for a successful economy at the Royal Town Planning Institute Awards for Planning Excellence 2020
27 February 2020
- Council's Community Vision for the borough
Wokingham Borough Council will set out its vision and priorities for the next four years when it meets on 20 February, focused on six key themes to make the borough the best place to live, work and...
14 February 2020
- Budget focused on residents' real priorities
Wokingham Borough Council is set on 20 February to approve a people's budget focusing spending on those things that matter most to its residents such as protecting the environment, cutting congestion...
14 February 2020
- Council hails apprenticeships as an exciting option for local businesses and residents
In support of National Apprenticeship Week, Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging both local businesses and residents to consider the benefits of the apprenticeship scheme
04 February 2020
- Wokingham Without Parish Council selected as preferred operator for new community centre
Wokingham Borough Council selected Wokingham Without Parish Council as the preferred operator for a new community centre at its January executive meeting last night (30 January). The new community...
31 January 2020
- Join the annual community litter pick
Following 2019's successful annual litter pick, our Localities team is now starting to plan 2020's. It is due to take place on the weekend of 28 and 29 March, and is run in conjunction with Keep...
21 January 2020
- Getting married in 2020?
Here in the Wokingham Borough, we already offer a range of flexible options. As well as churches and the Register Office, you can get married at other approved premises throughout the Borough.
14 January 2020
- Compensation for elderly resident after trader prosecuted
A trader has been found guilty of making false representations and engaging in aggressive commercial practices over his treatment of an elderly customer in Wokingham. After a seven day trial which...
23 December 2019
- Volunteers sought to help improve local woodlands, as part of a conservation project launching in the New Year
Two of Wokingham's wildlife havens will benefit from the conservation work run by The Conservation Volunteers' Woodland Improvement Team (WIT). The conservation work, which will start in January...
19 December 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council to adopt homelessness and rough sleeping strategy
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to supporting those at risk of homelessness and people who sleep rough. The council moves closer to adopting a new strategy to tackle homelessness and rough...
17 December 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council announces Christmas opening hours
Wokingham Borough Council has announced its office opening hours for this Christmas and New Year period.
10 December 2019
- Paperless billing for Council Tax and Benefit notifications
Wokingham Borough residents can now choose to receive their Council Tax bills and/or benefit notifications online, instead of in the post.
28 November 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council offers residents help with EU Settlement Scheme
Wokingham Borough Council is now offering appointments to assist residents who require additional help applying for UK immigration status through the EU Settlement Scheme. EU citizens and their...
25 November 2019
- Grand opening of Wokingham town centre Premier Inn
It's time to save the date in your diaries as the new Wokingham town centre Premier Inn hotel at Elms Field is officially opened by the Wokingham Borough Mayor, Cllr Bill Soane, on Friday November 15...
12 November 2019