Business and community news archive
- Budget 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is set to agree a balanced budget along with just under half a billion pounds worth of investment in capital projects over three years
18 February 2021
- Council calls on all to 'Share the Love' and thank borough Covid heroes
With romantic meals out not possible this Valentine's Day, Wokingham Borough Council is instead calling on everyone to 'Share the Love' and join it in thanking those who are helping us through the...
10 February 2021
- Council celebrates online citizenship ceremony success
Wokingham Borough Council has conducted 68 virtual citizenship ceremonies since making the move online in November, as a direct result of the ongoing pandemic. Registrars have had the honour of...
03 February 2021
- Council makes urgent financial support available for nurseries and pre-schools
Wokingham Borough Council has set aside £100,000 to help nurseries and pre-schools across the Borough that are in need of urgent financial support as a result of the pandemic.
03 February 2021
- Everyone will benefit from Census 2021
Households across Wokingham Borough will be asked to take part in Census 2021 this spring.
02 February 2021
- New £2.4 million Dinton Activity Centre taking shape
Dinton Pastures new multi-million-pound activity centre, designed by HLM Architects, reached a major milestone on Thursday 28 and Friday 29 January, as modules were lifted into place at the borough's...
01 February 2021
- More financial support for businesses amidst ongoing restrictions
Local businesses that are being severely impacted by ongoing Covid-19 restrictions can now apply for extra financial support under the second phase of Wokingham Borough Council's Additional...
28 January 2021
- Council set to increase investment into new domestic abuse support service
Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive is set to review and approve plans to increase funding into a new domestic abuse support service. The £1.5million contract would cover a five...
27 January 2021
- Work starts on new 3G pitch and pavilion at Cantley Park
Work to revamp facilities at Cantley Park in Wokingham is well underway thanks to significant investment by Wokingham Borough Council.
27 January 2021
- Carers and care leavers benefit from more generous council tax policies
Wokingham Borough Council has made changes to its Council Tax policies to benefit both young care leavers and those people who look after their vulnerable relatives.
22 January 2021
- Wokingham trader convicted of unfair trading ordered to pay compensation
Saeed Sajjad Qureshi, aged 33, of Romsey Road, Reading, was convicted at Reading Magistrates Court on 8th January 2021 after pleading guilty to one offence under Regulation 8 of the Consumer...
21 January 2021
- You spoke, we listened – a quicker and easier online blue badge process launched
We have launched an improved, quicker process for residents applying for a Blue Badge, after listening to your feedback.
18 January 2021
- Council creates new job opportunities for young people through Kickstart Scheme
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce that its application to the Government's Kickstart Scheme has been successfully approved; creating a number of new job opportunities in the area for...
12 January 2021
- The decennial census is almost upon us
Households across Wokingham Borough will soon be asked to take part in the nationwide survey of housing and the population. It has been carried out every decade since 1801, with the exception of...
11 January 2021
- Working to make the borough more inclusive
Wokingham Borough Council is asking residents to help create a fairer community for all. The council is updating its Equality Plan and is seeking views on the objectives it should include. Feedback...
06 January 2021
- New scheme set to improve digital inclusion across the borough
As part of its commitment to reducing loneliness and isolation in the borough, the council has joined forces with local charities, as part of the Wokingham Borough Community response, to provide...
05 January 2021
- Borough council here to help businesses hit by pandemic
The move to Tier 4 has hit residents and businesses hard and Wokingham Borough Council and its partners are here to help those most affected.
23 December 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council announces temporary closure of its Shute End office
Wokingham Borough Council has temporarily closed its main office at Shute End, following Tier 4 announcement late last week.
23 December 2020
- Council inspires local authorities across the UK with plans to achieve carbon neutrality
Wokingham Borough Council has been inspiring local authorities across the UK with their plans to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030
17 December 2020
- Council launches Christmas campaign to tackle domestic abuse
Wokingham Borough Council and Berkshire Women's Aid (BWA) have joined forces in a bid to raise awareness of domestic abuse this Christmas. The campaign aims to highlight the help and support...
15 December 2020