Business and community news archive
- New Starbucks Store opens on Elms Field Wokingham
A new Starbucks store will open at Elms Field, Wokingham, on Friday 18 September. Operated by a regional Starbucks licensee Cobra Coffee Ltd – part of Southern Co-op, the store will create 12 new...
15 September 2020
- Take part in the Tackling Racism Matters survey
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to tackling racism. Earlier this summer the council launched a survey in order to better understand experiences of black and minority ethnic people across the...
26 August 2020
- Warning issued on unlicensed puppy breeders
The Public Protection Partnership would like to remind residents who are considering purchasing puppies to do their research and make clear and informed decisions about any new addition to your...
25 August 2020
- Warning of loft insulation scam operating in Berkshire
The Public Protection Partnership have been made aware of residents in Bracknell, Sandhurst and Crowthorne, particularly those that are retired, being targeted for spray loft works.
25 August 2020
- Congratulations to all GCSE students
Socially distanced and electronic GCSE results were issued to thousands of teenagers across Wokingham Borough today (Thursday, 20 August). It was an unprecedented results day for students across the...
20 August 2020
- Splash into action at the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre
The multi-million pound Bulmershe Leisure Centre in Woodley has officially opened its doors today (17 August) welcoming guests, members and VIPs from across the borough.
17 August 2020
- £2.4m Dinton Activity Centre plans get go-ahead
Plans for a brand new Dinton Activity Centre were given the green light at latest planning committee (Wednesday 12 August). The £2.4 million scheme features a new two-storey building that complements...
14 August 2020
- Joining forces with Citizens Advice to help people with Council Tax debt
Wokingham Borough Council has signed-up to an agreement with Citizens Advice Wokingham to help people who are in Council Tax debt.
The Council Tax Protocol will see the Council and Citizens Advice...
07 August 2020
- Changes to Rose Street pedestrian barriers
Temporary pedestrian barriers in Rose Street to be removed this weekend
07 August 2020
- Some 4,600 food parcels delivered to borough residents
This Friday will see the final food parcels delivered by the Wokingham Borough Community Response as nationally the shielding programme is paused from 1 August
29 July 2020
- Council announces its commitment to reducing single use plastics
Wokingham Borough Council has announced it is committed to drastically reducing the amount of single use plastics consumed across the borough as part of its goal to become carbon neutral by 2030
28 July 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council launches COVID-19 survey
The current coronavirus pandemic has had a major impact on all of us, and Wokingham Borough Council would like to hear directly from residents on how the pandemic has affected their lives through a...
27 July 2020
- Council takes next step to becoming carbon neutral by 2030
Wokingham Borough Council has approved the annual report for its climate emergency action plan which sets out ambitious targets and detailed actions for Wokingham Borough to become carbon neutral by...
24 July 2020
- Plans for expanded parking at Winnersh Triangle approved
The expansion of the park and ride facilities at Winnersh Triangle station have been given the go ahead
17 July 2020
- Council announces construction to begin on new community centre in Shinfield
A new community centre for Shinfield took a major step forward this week as contracts were signed with LifeBuild who will lead on construction of this exciting new partnership project
17 July 2020
- Latest three signings for Elms Field and Peach Place announced
Wokingham continues to prove its attractiveness as a place for business with the announcement of three new lettings at Elms Field and Peach Place
14 July 2020
- Discretionary Business Grant
Since launching the new Discretionary Business grant in June the council has already given over £800,000 to 132 great local businesses. And that's on top of more than £34 million that has already...
02 July 2020
- Wokingham Borough flag to be flown at half-mast
On 25 June, the Wokingham Borough flag will be flown at half-mast at the borough council's civic office in memory of George Floyd. It is one month since his tragic death in America
24 June 2020
- Council devastated by Reading tragedy
Wokingham Borough Council, is devastated by the news of the violent attacks and subsequent deaths in the neighbouring town of Reading. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims...
21 June 2020
- Town centre social distancing
Have you visited Wokingham town centre in the last week? If you have, you'll have seen the temporary barriers designed to keep pedestrians safe and give them enough room to practice safe social...
19 June 2020