Business and community news archive
- All Wokingham borough libraries set to re-open on 19 July
Wokingham Borough Council is pleased to announce that library buildings in the borough will be reopening from Monday 19 July, in line with the easing of national restrictions.
22 July 2021
- Wokingham Borough Council offers support to residents applying for the EU Settlement Scheme
Wokingham Borough Council is now offering assistance to residents who require additional help applying for UK immigration status through the EU Settlement Scheme. EU citizens and their family members...
25 June 2021
- Where to get your free fobs for Beat the Street
The popular physical activity game Beat the Street gets underway across Wokingham Town Centre, Finchampstead and Woosehill next week. People of all ages are invited to ditch the car and get active as...
03 June 2021
- New charity and community hub reaches milestone
The Wokingham Charity and Community Hub, the first of its kind in the Wokingham Borough, took a step closer this week after planning permission was granted for its new home at Waterford House.
25 May 2021
- New entrance to Addington School complete
A new entrance has been created at Addington School in Woodley to help students and parents access the site more easily. School buses and parents will now be able to get in and out of the site...
19 May 2021
- Eco exterior for new multi-million pound Dinton Activity Centre
Dinton Pastures new £2.4million activity centre edges closer to completion with the successful installation of the outer building's Siberian larch cladding. The eco-friendly exterior has been...
29 April 2021
- His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh
Wokingham Borough Council today joins the rest of the country in mourning following the death of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh.
09 April 2021
- Dam improvements at California Country Park
Improvements to the Longmoor Lake dam at California Country Park will begin later this month. Wokingham Borough Council is rebuilding the spillway, which controls the release of water from the dam,...
09 April 2021
- Council supports local businesses to become more energy efficient
Wokingham Borough Council has continued to lead the way towards carbon neutrality this week hosting its first online Climate Conversation with local businesses
24 March 2021
- Charity and Community Hub set to open in Wokingham town centre later this year
In September, the first Charity and Community Hub will open in Wokingham town centre and it will bring a number of voluntary, charity and community organisations under one roof
24 March 2021
- Plans for employment hub to help residents get jobs
Plans are being drawn up to create an employment hub run by Wokingham Borough Council to help residents into jobs. The hub, which will be in or close to Wokingham town centre, will support residents...
19 March 2021
- Badgers settle into new home
Badgers have taken to a new home created for them in Finchampstead. Two artificial setts have been created by Wokingham Borough Council and its partners after a sett was found near the area planned...
16 March 2021
- Commitment to tackling inequality to be set out by Borough Council
The Borough Council is set to approve an Equality Plan this month that will outline its commitment to tacking inequality, celebrating diversity and being anti-racist.
15 March 2021
- Proposals to help borough council focus on real issues for residents
Wokingham Borough Council's decision making executive is considering plans this month that will allow it to better target issues that affect the quality of life of its residents
11 March 2021
- Construction begins on Coppid Beech park and ride
A new £3million park and ride for Wokingham has begun construction. Wokingham Borough Council's contractor AH Willis has started to create the 250-space Coppid Beech park and ride. It will provide a...
09 March 2021
- Nominate inspiring borough residents in Covid Roll of Honour
Wokingham Borough Mayor, Cllr Malcolm Richards, has launched a Roll of Honour to recognise the people and groups who have made a real difference during the pandemic, and the council is calling on...
09 March 2021
- Your views on new cycling facilities
Plans to improve cycling facilities outside Wokingham town centre and linking Woodley and Earley to Reading are being drawn up. It comes after Wokingham Borough Council was awarded £576,650 towards...
01 March 2021
- Budget 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is set to agree a balanced budget along with just under half a billion pounds worth of investment in capital projects over three years
18 February 2021
- Council calls on all to 'Share the Love' and thank borough Covid heroes
With romantic meals out not possible this Valentine's Day, Wokingham Borough Council is instead calling on everyone to 'Share the Love' and join it in thanking those who are helping us through the...
10 February 2021
- Council celebrates online citizenship ceremony success
Wokingham Borough Council has conducted 68 virtual citizenship ceremonies since making the move online in November, as a direct result of the ongoing pandemic. Registrars have had the honour of...
03 February 2021