Business and community news archive
- Council's Community Vision for the borough
Wokingham Borough Council will set out its vision and priorities for the next four years when it meets on 20 February, focused on six key themes to make the borough the best place to live, work and...
14 February 2020
- Budget focused on residents' real priorities
Wokingham Borough Council is set on 20 February to approve a people's budget focusing spending on those things that matter most to its residents such as protecting the environment, cutting congestion...
14 February 2020
- Council hails apprenticeships as an exciting option for local businesses and residents
In support of National Apprenticeship Week, Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging both local businesses and residents to consider the benefits of the apprenticeship scheme
04 February 2020
- Wokingham Without Parish Council selected as preferred operator for new community centre
Wokingham Borough Council selected Wokingham Without Parish Council as the preferred operator for a new community centre at its January executive meeting last night (30 January). The new community...
31 January 2020
- Join the annual community litter pick
Following 2019's successful annual litter pick, our Localities team is now starting to plan 2020's. It is due to take place on the weekend of 28 and 29 March, and is run in conjunction with Keep...
21 January 2020
- Getting married in 2020?
Here in the Wokingham Borough, we already offer a range of flexible options. As well as churches and the Register Office, you can get married at other approved premises throughout the Borough.
14 January 2020
- Compensation for elderly resident after trader prosecuted
A trader has been found guilty of making false representations and engaging in aggressive commercial practices over his treatment of an elderly customer in Wokingham. After a seven day trial which...
23 December 2019
- Volunteers sought to help improve local woodlands, as part of a conservation project launching in the New Year
Two of Wokingham's wildlife havens will benefit from the conservation work run by The Conservation Volunteers' Woodland Improvement Team (WIT). The conservation work, which will start in January...
19 December 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council to adopt homelessness and rough sleeping strategy
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to supporting those at risk of homelessness and people who sleep rough. The council moves closer to adopting a new strategy to tackle homelessness and rough...
17 December 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council announces Christmas opening hours
Wokingham Borough Council has announced its office opening hours for this Christmas and New Year period.
10 December 2019
- Paperless billing for Council Tax and Benefit notifications
Wokingham Borough residents can now choose to receive their Council Tax bills and/or benefit notifications online, instead of in the post.
28 November 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council offers residents help with EU Settlement Scheme
Wokingham Borough Council is now offering appointments to assist residents who require additional help applying for UK immigration status through the EU Settlement Scheme. EU citizens and their...
25 November 2019
- Grand opening of Wokingham town centre Premier Inn
It's time to save the date in your diaries as the new Wokingham town centre Premier Inn hotel at Elms Field is officially opened by the Wokingham Borough Mayor, Cllr Bill Soane, on Friday November 15...
12 November 2019
- New community centre coming to Shinfield
A new community centre for Shinfield has just taken a big step forward with planning approval. Now granted.
Shinfield Parish Council and Wokingham Borough Council have been working together on the...
08 November 2019
- Loddon Valley Ramblers improve footpath access across the borough
The Loddon Valley Ramblers have made great strides when it comes to improving footpath access across the Wokingham borough. During 2019, their volunteers have installed 14 gates throughout the local...
24 October 2019
- Launch of the Black History Month exhibition
Wokingham Black and Minority Ethnic Forum started its celebration of Black History Month with the official opening of its annual exhibition in the Mall Gallery at the Civic Offices in Wokingham.
23 October 2019
- Council cracks down on illegally dumped waste
Wokingham Borough Council is cracking down on illegal waste dumping and fly tipping by conducting spot checks on businesses. Companies found not to be complying with the law will be given a chance to...
22 October 2019
- Community comes together to rehome Ashridge Nursery in Wokingham
Following a devastating fire earlier this month, Ashridge Nursery has been temporarily relocated in Wokingham Borough Council's Brambles Children's Centre.
03 October 2019
- Black History Month 2019
Wokingham Borough Council and the Wokingham Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Forum are set to celebrate the borough's diverse community this October during Black History Month.
02 October 2019
- Help Wokingham Borough Council achieve carbon neutrality
Do you have any ideas to help Wokingham Borough Council save the world? Wokingham Borough Council is asking residents for their ideas on reducing the council's carbon footprint in a survey that...
25 September 2019