Business and community news archive
- Early success for new anti-social behaviour team
Wokingham Borough Council's new anti-social behaviour team has already experienced huge success since launching at the beginning of April.
30 June 2022
- Fine for man who sold puppies without licence
A man who sold puppies without a licence has been fined £2,221 following an investigation by the Public Protection Partnership.
28 June 2022
- First Census results coming soon
The first results from last year's Census will be published on Tuesday, 28 June, giving communities across Wokingham Borough a glimpse of how the population has changed.
27 June 2022
- Council set to approve Tackling Poverty Strategy
Wokingham Borough's first Tackling Poverty Strategy is set to be approved by the Council's decision-making Executive when it meets next Thursday (30 June).
23 June 2022
- Home refuge scheme available to domestic abuse victims
The Home Refuge Scheme is a free service provided by Wokingham Borough Council for victims and survivors of domestic abuse where the preparator no longer lives in the home. The council has produced a...
22 June 2022
- Refugees Week 2022: Welcoming new residents to the borough
To mark Refugees Week (20-26 June 2022), Wokingham Borough Council is celebrating the efforts of its team and partners to successfully welcome new residents into the area.
21 June 2022
- Hardship Alliance launches second phase of Household Support Fund
The Hardship Alliance, a group of four local charities and Wokingham Borough Council, is pleased to announce that the second phase of the Household Support Fund is now live in Wokingham Borough.
17 June 2022
- Celebrate The Platinum Jubilee online
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to invite all residents, including town and parish councils, businesses, voluntary, community sector groups, organisations, multi-faith and local groups to take...
12 May 2022
- Commemorating the Carnival Hub with a new time capsule
With only a handful of months until it opens in the summer, the Carnival Hub saw its first ever cultural event on Tuesday (22 March) when the borough mayor, Cllr Keith Baker MBE, dedicated a time...
24 March 2022
- New team to lead council's crackdown on anti-social behaviour
Wokingham Borough Council is set to launch a new service to tackle anti-social behaviour and other issues that affect residents' quality of life across the borough. From April 1, this new in-house...
14 March 2022
- Gorse Ride new community hub now open
There's a new community space for Finchampstead residents following the opening of the Gorse Ride community hub by the borough Mayor, Cllr Keith Baker MBE.
10 March 2022
- Update on Anti-Poverty Strategy and support for residents in last 12 months
A report presenting an update on the council's Anti-Poverty Strategy and an overview of the many initiatives that have supported residents in poverty over the last 12 months will go to the...
07 March 2022
- Borough shows its support for people of Ukraine
Political leaders and members of the public came together to show the borough's support for the people of Ukraine this week.
03 March 2022
- Changes to funding approach for Gorse Ride regeneration
Wokingham Borough Council continues to show its commitment to regenerating Gorse Ride with changes to how the project will be funded set to be considered by the council's decision-making executive...
14 February 2022
- Employment support available to residents who need it
Wokingham Borough Council is making the employment support it offers to residents more accessible through a dedicated phone and email line; and by having an outreach team in place that is visible in...
07 February 2022
- Council and voluntary sector help hundreds of households with extra support over winter
Together with the local voluntary sector, Wokingham Borough Council has helped hundreds of households through the Household Support Fund since November, with more funding still available until the...
31 January 2022
- New charity and community hub opens its doors
The Wokingham Charity and Community Hub has been officially opened by the Mayor of Wokingham Borough. Cllr Keith Baker MBE cut the ribbon on the new centre on Friday (28 January), which is the new...
31 January 2022
- Have your say on draft Anti-Poverty Strategy for Wokingham Borough
Wokingham Borough Council, together with the local voluntary sector, is asking for residents' feedback on its draft Anti-Poverty Strategy (2022-26), which is set to be published later this Spring.
24 January 2022
- Tackling Inequality Together - Ensuring all communities who experience domestic abuse feel confident in accessing our services
Read about some of the great work being carried out across our domestic abuse service, to help our staff and partners ensure the service is accessible to all.
17 January 2022
- Building communities the Wokingham borough way
We've learned from experience that spreading new homes across hundreds of smaller sites can result in poor quality housing, with little or no infrastructure improvements or affordable housing for...
14 December 2021