Business and community news archive
- Employment support available to residents who need it
Wokingham Borough Council is making the employment support it offers to residents more accessible through a dedicated phone and email line; and by having an outreach team in place that is visible in...
07 February 2022
- Council and voluntary sector help hundreds of households with extra support over winter
Together with the local voluntary sector, Wokingham Borough Council has helped hundreds of households through the Household Support Fund since November, with more funding still available until the...
31 January 2022
- New charity and community hub opens its doors
The Wokingham Charity and Community Hub has been officially opened by the Mayor of Wokingham Borough. Cllr Keith Baker MBE cut the ribbon on the new centre on Friday (28 January), which is the new...
31 January 2022
- Have your say on draft Anti-Poverty Strategy for Wokingham Borough
Wokingham Borough Council, together with the local voluntary sector, is asking for residents' feedback on its draft Anti-Poverty Strategy (2022-26), which is set to be published later this Spring.
24 January 2022
- Tackling Inequality Together - Ensuring all communities who experience domestic abuse feel confident in accessing our services
Read about some of the great work being carried out across our domestic abuse service, to help our staff and partners ensure the service is accessible to all.
17 January 2022
- Building communities the Wokingham borough way
We've learned from experience that spreading new homes across hundreds of smaller sites can result in poor quality housing, with little or no infrastructure improvements or affordable housing for...
14 December 2021
- Christmas and New Year opening times announced
We have announced our office opening hours for the Christmas and New Year period.
07 December 2021
- A new home for Finchampstead community house in Gorse Ride
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce that its new community house is opening in Finchampstead in the coming weeks.
06 December 2021
- Tackling financial hardship in the borough: Have your say in latest survey
Wokingham Borough Council is asking for residents' input to help shape a brand-new strategy aimed at tackling financial hardship and related challenges in the borough, and ensuring all residents have...
08 November 2021
- Working together to keep our communities safe
Wokingham Borough Council is leading the work locally in delivering the Prevent Strategy, a government programme which is about safeguarding adults and children who may be vulnerable to all forms of...
18 October 2021
- Work begins at the new Cantley Park destination play area
Work has begun this week on Wokingham Borough's next destination play area. Wokingham Borough Council has started the first phase of construction on the brand new and inclusive destination play area...
06 October 2021
- Nominate local sports people for 2020-2021 Wokingham sports awards
The countdown to the annual Wokingham Borough Sports Awards has started and the sports council is asking for your nominations for deserving athletes, coaches and teams.
06 October 2021
- Official opening of new Farley Hill Primary School buildings
The new Farley Hill Primary School has been officially opened by the Mayor of Wokingham Borough. Cllr Keith Baker MBE cut the ribbon to officially open the new school at Arborfield Green with...
23 September 2021
- Wokingham Festival returns to Cantley Park
Wokingham Festival returns to Cantley Park on 28 to 30 August and you have until 10pm on Thursday 26 August to get your advanced tickets.
24 August 2021
- Hundreds of residents shape the future of cycling and walking in the area
Plans are being drawn up to set out the walking and cycling network in Wokingham Borough. The council is developing its Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP) to determine where best...
16 August 2021
- All Wokingham borough libraries set to re-open on 19 July
Wokingham Borough Council is pleased to announce that library buildings in the borough will be reopening from Monday 19 July, in line with the easing of national restrictions.
22 July 2021
- Wokingham Borough Council offers support to residents applying for the EU Settlement Scheme
Wokingham Borough Council is now offering assistance to residents who require additional help applying for UK immigration status through the EU Settlement Scheme. EU citizens and their family members...
25 June 2021
- Where to get your free fobs for Beat the Street
The popular physical activity game Beat the Street gets underway across Wokingham Town Centre, Finchampstead and Woosehill next week. People of all ages are invited to ditch the car and get active as...
03 June 2021
- New charity and community hub reaches milestone
The Wokingham Charity and Community Hub, the first of its kind in the Wokingham Borough, took a step closer this week after planning permission was granted for its new home at Waterford House.
25 May 2021
- New entrance to Addington School complete
A new entrance has been created at Addington School in Woodley to help students and parents access the site more easily. School buses and parents will now be able to get in and out of the site...
19 May 2021