Care and health news archive
- Borough Mayor congratulates young residents on animal trail at Buckhurst Meadows
Cllr Malcolm Richards greeted the winning children in Wokingham to hand out their prizes.
09 September 2020
- Council response to Covid-19 testing capacity issues
There is a national shortage of Covid-19 testing capability and Wokingham Borough Council is taking a twin approach to help local people until the issue is resolved
09 September 2020
- Fostering recruitment continues despite COVID-19
Wokingham Borough Council continues to recruit high quality foster carers despite the difficulties of the COVID-19 pandemic. We've switched our in-person recruitment stands for online recruitment...
08 September 2020
- New bus routes to ensure safe school travel
Seven new dedicated school buses have started this week as Wokingham Borough Council works to ensure children are safe on their journey to school
02 September 2020
- Warning of loft insulation scam operating in Berkshire
The Public Protection Partnership have been made aware of residents in Bracknell, Sandhurst and Crowthorne, particularly those that are retired, being targeted for spray loft works.
25 August 2020
- Helping parents support the emotional and educational needs of their children
Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to parents to raise awareness of courses available to help them support their children's emotional and educational needs
12 August 2020
- Council launches campaign to break the cycle and protect our younger residents
Wokingham Borough Council is today launching its new bike safety campaign Break the Cycle to encourage cyclists from across the borough to set a good example to our younger generation by wearing a...
06 August 2020
- Some 4,600 food parcels delivered to borough residents
This Friday will see the final food parcels delivered by the Wokingham Borough Community Response as nationally the shielding programme is paused from 1 August
29 July 2020
- Council announces its commitment to reducing single use plastics
Wokingham Borough Council has announced it is committed to drastically reducing the amount of single use plastics consumed across the borough as part of its goal to become carbon neutral by 2030
28 July 2020
- Council launches free online service to support young peoples mental health and well being
Wokingham Borough Council has today announced the launch of Kooth a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service for its younger residents aged 11 to 18 years
28 July 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council launches COVID-19 survey
The current coronavirus pandemic has had a major impact on all of us, and Wokingham Borough Council would like to hear directly from residents on how the pandemic has affected their lives through a...
27 July 2020
- Council takes next step to becoming carbon neutral by 2030
Wokingham Borough Council has approved the annual report for its climate emergency action plan which sets out ambitious targets and detailed actions for Wokingham Borough to become carbon neutral by...
24 July 2020
- Residents' generosity shines during the pandemic
The generosity of Wokingham Borough residents has been fantastic during the Covid-19 pandemic with more than 100 sacks of food, toiletries and other essentials donated via Woodley, Twyford and Lower...
23 July 2020
- Update on Covid-19 data
The total number of Covid-19 cases in Wokingham Borough is 584, according to new data published for the first time yesterday.
The new figures show both cases reported in 'Pillar 1' (people who...
03 July 2020
- Council launches consultation to help further support residents with autism
Our Adult Social Care team are still very much at the forefront of the response to the current crisis, providing vital health care support to all our vulnerable residents across the borough and have...
01 July 2020
- Chemical spill near Emm Brook stream
We have had a report from the Environment Agency saying there has been a chemical spill about 1.5 miles up stream of the Emm Brook stream.
24 June 2020
- Council reaches out during carers week
As part of national carers week, Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to their residents who care for a family member or friend to ensure they are receiving the practical, emotional and...
08 June 2020
- Council monitors impact of Covid-19 in the local BME community
Wokingham Borough Council is working hard to monitor the impact that Covid-19 is having on the local Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community. Evidence continues to emerge that the pandemic could be...
26 May 2020
- Business provides vital support to the Wokingham Borough Community Response
Reds10 gives generous donation the Wokingham Borough Community Response to support the most vulnerable across the borough
22 May 2020
- Open letter to parents and carers regarding school reopening
Primary and Secondary Head Teachers in Wokingham are working with the Council to try to bring your children back to school, at least for a little while before the Summer Holidays.
22 May 2020