Care and health news archive
- Council launches Covid Community Information Champion initiative
Wokingham Borough Council is excited to announce the launch of its new Covid Community Information Champion initiative; inviting members of the public to help their communities stay up to date with...
25 November 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council introduces the Recovery College - a new preventative mental health service
Wokingham Borough Council introduces the Recovery College - a new preventative mental health service
23 November 2020
- Supporting the borough's most vulnerable during lockdown 2
With the second national lockdown now in full swing, staff at Wokingham Borough Council have been redeployed from services including libraries and sport to support our frontline colleagues making...
23 November 2020
- Council encourages residents to look out for each other
Wokingham Borough Council launches Be Bright Be Seen campaign
17 November 2020
- Gorrick Square bespoke bungalow becomes home
Three young men with specialist care requirements are set to move into a purpose built bungalow at Gorrick Square in Wokingham.
17 November 2020
- Invest in yourself: residents urged to think self care for life
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging you to invest in your future self this Self Care Week (16 – 22 November) by making small changes that can make a big difference. We want all of our residents...
16 November 2020
- True health impact of Covid-19 from those who have suffered in the Borough
Wokingham Borough Council has spoken to several residents who have sadly contracted Covid-19 this year, and who are still feeling the physical and mental effects to this day.
13 November 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council launches UK's first local Covid-19 Dashboard
Wokingham Borough Council is today announcing the launch of a new Covid-19 Dashboard available on the Berkshire Public Health website, which will enable residents to quickly obtain the latest...
05 November 2020
- Borough Council team hitting streets to support Covid-19 response
A dedicated council Covid-19 response team will be on the streets in key locations across the borough from today (Wednesday November 4) to help businesses and residents stay safe and keep to the...
04 November 2020
- Supporting Earley residents suffering with mental health
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, it continues to impact on many people's mental health, in particular among communities in Earley.
29 October 2020
- Tackling poverty in the Wokingham Borough
People and families on low incomes do exist in Wokingham so the council has a number of measures in place to ensure the borough's opportunities can be accessed by everyone.
28 October 2020
- Staying safe during Bonfire and Diwali celebrations
Wokingham Borough Council is asking its residents to stay safe and be considerate to their neighbours during Bonfire Night and Diwali celebrations, especially this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
27 October 2020
- Self-isolation payments for low paid who are eligible
People having to self-isolate due to Covid-19 may be eligible to a £500 payment if they are unable to work from home.
20 October 2020
- Strictly star helps find fab-you-lous foster carers
Local Strictly Come Dancing star Ian Waite, took time to meet foster carer Sue Rayment, one of over 50 'fab-you-lous' foster carers at Wokingham Borough Council, to help raise awareness of the need...
19 October 2020
- Helping vulnerable residents emerge after lockdown
A unique scheme, giving extra support to rebuild the confidence and improve the fitness of people coming out of shielding, helped more than 130 residents reclaim their independence and improve their...
09 October 2020
- Your time to shine again
After a long break totalling 204 days, Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce its SHINE programme for over 60s is returning on 12 October.
08 October 2020
- Council encourages drivers to switch off their engines on Clean Air Day
Wokingham Borough Council has today launched a design competition to encourage drivers across the borough to switch off their engines when stationary
08 October 2020
- Covid 19 - do you need help?
With cases of Covid-19 sadly now increasing both nationally and locally, Wokingham Borough Community Response (WBCR) continues to be ready - if and when you need support this winter. You are not...
02 October 2020
- Support for informal carers during Covid
If you're an informal carer of any age looking after a family member at home, there is lots of support available to you – either by phone, online, or from someone visiting you at home.
24 September 2020
- Borough Mayor congratulates young residents on animal trail at Buckhurst Meadows
Cllr Malcolm Richards greeted the winning children in Wokingham to hand out their prizes.
09 September 2020