Care and health news archive
- Some 4,600 food parcels delivered to borough residents
This Friday will see the final food parcels delivered by the Wokingham Borough Community Response as nationally the shielding programme is paused from 1 August
29 July 2020
- Council announces its commitment to reducing single use plastics
Wokingham Borough Council has announced it is committed to drastically reducing the amount of single use plastics consumed across the borough as part of its goal to become carbon neutral by 2030
28 July 2020
- Council launches free online service to support young peoples mental health and well being
Wokingham Borough Council has today announced the launch of Kooth a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service for its younger residents aged 11 to 18 years
28 July 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council launches COVID-19 survey
The current coronavirus pandemic has had a major impact on all of us, and Wokingham Borough Council would like to hear directly from residents on how the pandemic has affected their lives through a...
27 July 2020
- Council takes next step to becoming carbon neutral by 2030
Wokingham Borough Council has approved the annual report for its climate emergency action plan which sets out ambitious targets and detailed actions for Wokingham Borough to become carbon neutral by...
24 July 2020
- Residents' generosity shines during the pandemic
The generosity of Wokingham Borough residents has been fantastic during the Covid-19 pandemic with more than 100 sacks of food, toiletries and other essentials donated via Woodley, Twyford and Lower...
23 July 2020
- Update on Covid-19 data
The total number of Covid-19 cases in Wokingham Borough is 584, according to new data published for the first time yesterday.
The new figures show both cases reported in 'Pillar 1' (people who...
03 July 2020
- Council launches consultation to help further support residents with autism
Our Adult Social Care team are still very much at the forefront of the response to the current crisis, providing vital health care support to all our vulnerable residents across the borough and have...
01 July 2020
- Chemical spill near Emm Brook stream
We have had a report from the Environment Agency saying there has been a chemical spill about 1.5 miles up stream of the Emm Brook stream.
24 June 2020
- Council reaches out during carers week
As part of national carers week, Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to their residents who care for a family member or friend to ensure they are receiving the practical, emotional and...
08 June 2020
- Council monitors impact of Covid-19 in the local BME community
Wokingham Borough Council is working hard to monitor the impact that Covid-19 is having on the local Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community. Evidence continues to emerge that the pandemic could be...
26 May 2020
- Business provides vital support to the Wokingham Borough Community Response
Reds10 gives generous donation the Wokingham Borough Community Response to support the most vulnerable across the borough
22 May 2020
- Open letter to parents and carers regarding school reopening
Primary and Secondary Head Teachers in Wokingham are working with the Council to try to bring your children back to school, at least for a little while before the Summer Holidays.
22 May 2020
- Become a brilliant fostering family
Becoming part of a foster family can be life-changing for a young person in care and we need more local families to make this a reality for more young people. Wokingham Borough Council foster carers...
19 May 2020
- Unprecedented support for Wokingham care homes
Wokingham Borough's unprecedented action to help protect its care homes during the Covid-19 crisis is well underway and now 14 care homes can now start taking hospital discharges again.
13 May 2020
- Council encouraging community to spread a little joy
Wokingham Borough Council is asking local residents to help spread a little joy in the run up to Mental Health Awareness Week, which kicks off on Monday 18 May. This year's campaign, which is run...
13 May 2020
- Council approves new strategy with support of valued voluntary sector
Wokingham Borough Council, together with its valued partners within the voluntary sector and amazing local volunteers, is providing vital help and support to vulnerable residents in need across...
04 May 2020
- Council launches new adult social care strategy to further support vulnerable adults
Wokingham Borough Council Adult Social Care team is currently at the forefront of the response to the Covid-19 pandemic, providing vital health care support to all its vulnerable residents across the...
01 May 2020
- Help us keep our country parks open
Wokingham Borough Council is keeping its green spaces open and accessible to local people during the current crisis and we need public support to keep doing so
17 April 2020
- Could you be a social worker in Wokingham?
When we get involved in the life of a child our priority is to make sure our social workers have the right support, time and resources to provide the quality of service we ourselves would wish to...
16 April 2020