Care and health news archive
- Council monitors impact of Covid-19 in the local BME community
Wokingham Borough Council is working hard to monitor the impact that Covid-19 is having on the local Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community. Evidence continues to emerge that the pandemic could be...
26 May 2020
- Business provides vital support to the Wokingham Borough Community Response
Reds10 gives generous donation the Wokingham Borough Community Response to support the most vulnerable across the borough
22 May 2020
- Open letter to parents and carers regarding school reopening
Primary and Secondary Head Teachers in Wokingham are working with the Council to try to bring your children back to school, at least for a little while before the Summer Holidays.
22 May 2020
- Become a brilliant fostering family
Becoming part of a foster family can be life-changing for a young person in care and we need more local families to make this a reality for more young people. Wokingham Borough Council foster carers...
19 May 2020
- Unprecedented support for Wokingham care homes
Wokingham Borough's unprecedented action to help protect its care homes during the Covid-19 crisis is well underway and now 14 care homes can now start taking hospital discharges again.
13 May 2020
- Council encouraging community to spread a little joy
Wokingham Borough Council is asking local residents to help spread a little joy in the run up to Mental Health Awareness Week, which kicks off on Monday 18 May. This year's campaign, which is run...
13 May 2020
- Council approves new strategy with support of valued voluntary sector
Wokingham Borough Council, together with its valued partners within the voluntary sector and amazing local volunteers, is providing vital help and support to vulnerable residents in need across...
04 May 2020
- Council launches new adult social care strategy to further support vulnerable adults
Wokingham Borough Council Adult Social Care team is currently at the forefront of the response to the Covid-19 pandemic, providing vital health care support to all its vulnerable residents across the...
01 May 2020
- Help us keep our country parks open
Wokingham Borough Council is keeping its green spaces open and accessible to local people during the current crisis and we need public support to keep doing so
17 April 2020
- Could you be a social worker in Wokingham?
When we get involved in the life of a child our priority is to make sure our social workers have the right support, time and resources to provide the quality of service we ourselves would wish to...
16 April 2020
- Council redeploy staff to critical community roles
Wokingham Borough Council has redeployed several officers into community and critical roles, in a bid to ensure the health and wellbeing of residents during the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
09 April 2020
- PPE appeal to help protect frontline staff
Our frontline workers are running low on face masks and other vital protective equipment, so we are appealing to anybody who can help.
07 April 2020
- Wokingham Borough Commmunity Hub opens its doors
The Wokingham Borough Community Hub is now open to provide food, toiletries and other essentials to people in Wokingham borough who need them. Wokingham Borough Council is working with local...
25 March 2020
- Message from Council Leader Cllr John Halsall
Council leader sets up eight point pledge to the community
19 March 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council celebrate World Social Work Day
Today is World Social Work Day (Tuesday 17 March) – a day to celebrate and recognise social workers for their work within the local community, along with their self-determination and dedication to...
16 March 2020
- Hundreds of toads helped to migrate for breeding season
Volunteers have helped keep hundreds of toads safe by helping them get across the road at Priest Hill, Farley Hill. This crucial wildlife protection is being overseen by volunteers from Berkshire...
13 March 2020
- Council continues to help provide breastfeeding support
Wokingham Borough Council has today reaffirmed its commitment to supporting breastfeeding women in Wokingham
11 March 2020
- Council supports national campaign to increase residents chances of giving up smoking
We are supporting national No Smoking Day by encouraging residents to make today the day they quit for good
11 March 2020
- Coronavirus Update
Specialists from Public Health England (PHE) are working with Wokingham Borough Council and NHS colleagues following a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The case, who is a member of staff at...
10 March 2020
- Combat crime at Wokingham Borough conference
This year's Crime Conference will be held at Wokingham Borough Council offices in Wokingham, with a focus on burglary, fraud and cyber crime.
02 March 2020