Care and health news archive
- Supporting Earley residents suffering with mental health
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, it continues to impact on many people's mental health, in particular among communities in Earley.
29 October 2020
- Tackling poverty in the Wokingham Borough
People and families on low incomes do exist in Wokingham so the council has a number of measures in place to ensure the borough's opportunities can be accessed by everyone.
28 October 2020
- Staying safe during Bonfire and Diwali celebrations
Wokingham Borough Council is asking its residents to stay safe and be considerate to their neighbours during Bonfire Night and Diwali celebrations, especially this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
27 October 2020
- Self-isolation payments for low paid who are eligible
People having to self-isolate due to Covid-19 may be eligible to a £500 payment if they are unable to work from home.
20 October 2020
- Strictly star helps find fab-you-lous foster carers
Local Strictly Come Dancing star Ian Waite, took time to meet foster carer Sue Rayment, one of over 50 'fab-you-lous' foster carers at Wokingham Borough Council, to help raise awareness of the need...
19 October 2020
- Helping vulnerable residents emerge after lockdown
A unique scheme, giving extra support to rebuild the confidence and improve the fitness of people coming out of shielding, helped more than 130 residents reclaim their independence and improve their...
09 October 2020
- Your time to shine again
After a long break totalling 204 days, Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to announce its SHINE programme for over 60s is returning on 12 October.
08 October 2020
- Council encourages drivers to switch off their engines on Clean Air Day
Wokingham Borough Council has today launched a design competition to encourage drivers across the borough to switch off their engines when stationary
08 October 2020
- Covid 19 - do you need help?
With cases of Covid-19 sadly now increasing both nationally and locally, Wokingham Borough Community Response (WBCR) continues to be ready - if and when you need support this winter. You are not...
02 October 2020
- Support for informal carers during Covid
If you're an informal carer of any age looking after a family member at home, there is lots of support available to you – either by phone, online, or from someone visiting you at home.
24 September 2020
- Borough Mayor congratulates young residents on animal trail at Buckhurst Meadows
Cllr Malcolm Richards greeted the winning children in Wokingham to hand out their prizes.
09 September 2020
- Council response to Covid-19 testing capacity issues
There is a national shortage of Covid-19 testing capability and Wokingham Borough Council is taking a twin approach to help local people until the issue is resolved
09 September 2020
- Fostering recruitment continues despite COVID-19
Wokingham Borough Council continues to recruit high quality foster carers despite the difficulties of the COVID-19 pandemic. We've switched our in-person recruitment stands for online recruitment...
08 September 2020
- New bus routes to ensure safe school travel
Seven new dedicated school buses have started this week as Wokingham Borough Council works to ensure children are safe on their journey to school
02 September 2020
- Warning of loft insulation scam operating in Berkshire
The Public Protection Partnership have been made aware of residents in Bracknell, Sandhurst and Crowthorne, particularly those that are retired, being targeted for spray loft works.
25 August 2020
- Helping parents support the emotional and educational needs of their children
Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to parents to raise awareness of courses available to help them support their children's emotional and educational needs
12 August 2020
- Council launches campaign to break the cycle and protect our younger residents
Wokingham Borough Council is today launching its new bike safety campaign Break the Cycle to encourage cyclists from across the borough to set a good example to our younger generation by wearing a...
06 August 2020
- Some 4,600 food parcels delivered to borough residents
This Friday will see the final food parcels delivered by the Wokingham Borough Community Response as nationally the shielding programme is paused from 1 August
29 July 2020
- Council announces its commitment to reducing single use plastics
Wokingham Borough Council has announced it is committed to drastically reducing the amount of single use plastics consumed across the borough as part of its goal to become carbon neutral by 2030
28 July 2020
- Council launches free online service to support young peoples mental health and well being
Wokingham Borough Council has today announced the launch of Kooth a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service for its younger residents aged 11 to 18 years
28 July 2020