Care and health news archive
- Working together to keep our communities safe
Wokingham Borough Council is leading the work locally in delivering the Prevent Strategy, a government programme which is about safeguarding adults and children who may be vulnerable to all forms of...
18 October 2021
- Call for carers to give their views for a national survey
Wokingham Borough Council is inviting its local carers to take part in a national survey to find out more about their role.
04 October 2021
- Covid-19 vaccine bus returns to Asda Lower Earley car park
The NHS 'Health on the Move' Covid-19 vaccine bus will return to the Asda Lower Earley car park next week, following a successful stint in the same location last month.
05 August 2021
- The vaccine bus is coming: Council announces two pop-up Covid vaccination sites
An NHS 'Health on the Move' Covid-19 vaccine bus will be at Asda Lower Earley on Saturday 17, Sunday 18 and Monday 19 July, and Norreys Church on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 July.
14 July 2021
- Free school meals to continue through summer holidays
Wokingham Borough Council is using its remaining allocation of the government's Covid Local Support grant to ensure pupils who receive benefits-related free school meals during term time continue to...
09 July 2021
- All adults encouraged to get Covid vaccine ahead of restrictions easing
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging residents who are yet to have the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine to come forward for it in the next couple of weeks, ahead of restrictions potentially...
08 July 2021
- Council celebrates success of surge testing and vaccination programmes
A staggering 20,521 tests were completed as part of the council's surge testing programme, which took place between Monday 7 and Sunday 20 June, helping to identify 60 positive Covid-19 cases which...
01 July 2021
- Surge testing starting in Wokingham Borough to control spread of Covid-19 variant
Extensive surveillance of Covid-19 has identified a small number of cases of the Covid-19 Delta variant that originated in India in Wokingham Borough, that cannot be traced back to international...
17 June 2021
- Strong turnout for launch of surge testing in borough
Thousands of residents in Bulmershe & Whitegates, Evendons, Norreys and Wescott have come forward for Covid-19 tests as part of the council's surge testing programme, which launched on Monday 7 June.
17 June 2021
- Chance for 18 to 24 year olds in Wokingham Borough to get Covid-19 vaccine
Younger people across all Wokingham Borough can now get an early first dose vaccine.
The surge vaccine programme, being run by the council and the NHS, launched on Tuesday 15 June and will run until...
17 June 2021
- Chance for 18-24-year-olds in target wards to get Covid-19 vaccine
Younger people in Bulmershe & Whitegates, Evendons, Norreys and Wescott wards are being invited to get a first dose vaccine during the next two weeks.
15 June 2021
- Test – Isolate – Vaccinate: Statement on Variant of Concern in Wokingham Borough
We can confirm that there have been 15 cases of the Covid-19 variant that originated in India, in Wokingham Borough.
28 May 2021
- New charity and community hub reaches milestone
The Wokingham Charity and Community Hub, the first of its kind in the Wokingham Borough, took a step closer this week after planning permission was granted for its new home at Waterford House.
25 May 2021
- Foster families recognised on Covid Roll of Honour
Two foster care families have been recognised on the Wokingham Borough Mayor's Covid Roll of Honour. They have been selected for going the extra mile to make a difference during the pandemic and help...
18 May 2021
- Eight great new fostering families - Foster Care Fortnight 2021
Eight amazing families have become foster carers with Wokingham Borough Council since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Despite the challenges of the last year these people have stepped up to make a...
14 May 2021
- Council leads the way with intelligent Covid response
Wokingham Borough Council is continuing to take a leading role in its Covid-19 response.
13 May 2021
- Council supports Mental Health Awareness Week
Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to its residents to offer practical advice and emotional support and guidance
11 May 2021
- Council announces dedicated support for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Wokingham Borough Council has announced a new resource base for secondary school students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
11 May 2021
- Foster Care Fortnight 2021 Our amazing carers
Fostering is one of the most rewarding things you can do. It comes with challenges but none which cannot be overcome with support from our wider fostering family at the council. It could be you...
11 May 2021
- Council to receive further DEFRA funding for air quality improvements
DEFRA has allocated an air quality grant to allow Wokingham Borough Council together with neighbouring councils Bracknell Forest and West Berkshire to work with the PPP to deliver ambitious and...
09 April 2021