Care and health news archive
- Opening doors for key workers
Twenty-two brand new key worker apartments at the new Peach Place development in Wokingham town centre are nearly ready to welcome their new occupants.
20 December 2018
- Wokingham Borough residents encouraged to join the annual fight against flu
Wokingham Borough residents are being encouraged to get vaccinated against the flu this winter.
01 October 2018
- Dancing fun for people living with Dementia
A brand new dementia friendly tea dance is coming to the Borough.
04 September 2018
- £2m investment for Loddon Valley Leisure Centre
Loddon Valley Leisure Centre is set to receive £2million in investment to refurbish and enhance its current facilities to increase the choice of sport, fitness and wellbeing on site.
29 August 2018
- Bulmershe Leisure Centre planning application submitted
The planning application for the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre has been submitted so people are encouraged to give their feedback on the plans during the statutory consultation period which has now...
25 July 2018
- Taking a 100-mile walk
Members of Aylesbury SOBS (Survivors of Bereaved by Suicide) stopped at Wokingham Borough Council's Shute End offices, for much-needed tea and cake, to help sustain them on their charity walk to...
25 July 2018
- Wokingham Borough Council to share Director of Adult Social Services with the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
Wokingham Borough Council (WBC) and the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead (RBWM) have agreed to appoint a joint Director of Adult Social Services (DASS) to manage the statutory social care duties...
25 July 2018
- Care is changing in our Borough
As more people than ever have increasingly complex health and social care needs, we're beginning to integrate adult's health and social care.
12 July 2018
- Bulmershe Leisure Centre demolition on track
The 'soft strip' of the old leisure centre is now underway, removing all non-structural items from inside and outside of the building, getting it ready for complete demolition in July and August.
19 June 2018
- Fosters opens door to independent older people living scheme
Built by Wokingham Borough Council's development company Wokingham Housing (WHL), this Woodley scheme is a cornerstone in the council's commitment to provide the very best living choices for older...
19 June 2018
- Carers Week 2018 in Wokingham Borough
Wokingham Borough Council is teaming up with Wokingham Outreach Service, Barkham Day Hospital Memory Clinic, Involve, The Wade Day Centre, and the Bradbury Centre to organise a programme of events...
06 June 2018
- Change4life - new healthier snacking campaign
The Public health team at Wokingham Borough Council is supporting the latest Change4Life campaign which aims to help parents take control of their children's snacking.
03 January 2018
- Have your say on the future of your local Healthwatch
Wokingham Borough Council and Reading Borough Council are consulting on plans to combine local Healthwatch services.
27 December 2017
- Launch of the new Berkshire Adults Safeguarding policy and procedures website
We are delighted to launch the new website for the Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures.
22 November 2017
- Free blood pressure tests to boost health
Free blood pressure tests available to local residents as part of Know Your Numbers Week.
14 September 2017
- World Suicide Prevention Awareness Day: Sunday 10 September
Suicide Prevention Awareness Day is being held on Sunday 10 September and highlights this important issue
07 September 2017
- New partnership starts for adult services
Adult services in Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead have joined forces.
03 July 2017
- National Carers Week from Monday 12 June to Sunday 18 June
To mark National Carers Week (Monday 12 June to Sunday 18 June), Wokingham Borough Council, Wokingham Outreach Service, Wokingham Crossroads, Involve and Wokingham Mencap have teamed up to organise a...
09 June 2017
- Wokingham's adults among most active in England
Wokingham Borough's residents are among the most active (or more accurately least inactive) in the country according to a report published by the NHS – and the borough council is offering plenty of...
19 April 2017
- Review of council funded non-profit organisations
A review of voluntary and community sector services funded by Wokingham Borough Council has been agreed this week by the council's decision-making executive.
31 March 2017