Council and meetings news archive
- Cllr Keith Baker elected as Borough Mayor
Cllr Keith Baker has been elected as Wokingham Borough Mayor for the coming municipal year. He takes over the chain of office from Cllr Malcolm Richards.
25 May 2021
- Foster Care Fortnight 2021 Our amazing carers
Fostering is one of the most rewarding things you can do. It comes with challenges but none which cannot be overcome with support from our wider fostering family at the council. It could be you...
11 May 2021
- Election results 2021
Find out more about the Wokingham Borough 2021 election results
08 May 2021
- Make sure you know how to have your say at the Local and Police and Crime Commissioner elections on Thursday
Voters are being reminded to make sure they are ready to take part in the local and Police and Crime Commissioner elections on Thursday (6 May).
29 April 2021
- Election Fact Pack 2021
We've published our Election Fact Pack 2020 ahead of local and Police and Crime Commissioner elections on Thursday 6 May.
28 April 2021
- Three ways voters can cast their vote at the May election
Voters have a range of options for casting their ballot either in person, by post or by appointing someone they trust to vote in their place, known as a proxy vote.
13 April 2021
- Supporting vaccine rollout and Covid-19 recovery in our borough
As the nation marks a year since the first Covid-19 lockdown began, Wokingham Borough Council continues to lead the way in its response to the pandemic as well as planning for recovery.
24 March 2021
- Plans for employment hub to help residents get jobs
Plans are being drawn up to create an employment hub run by Wokingham Borough Council to help residents into jobs. The hub, which will be in or close to Wokingham town centre, will support residents...
19 March 2021
- Commitment to tackling inequality to be set out by Borough Council
The Borough Council is set to approve an Equality Plan this month that will outline its commitment to tacking inequality, celebrating diversity and being anti-racist.
15 March 2021
- Making a difference to our customers - listening, learning and improving
Hundreds of services are provided by Wokingham Borough Council. It is committed to continually improve the way that it works to make a difference to its residents and ensure they have a great...
10 March 2021
- Council agrees new polling station locations
In response to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, Wokingham Borough Council has agreed several alternative polling stations ahead of this year's local and Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames...
24 February 2021
- Rubbish and recycling bags on the way to you
Delivery of new waterproof recycling bags, blue general waste bags and food waste bags to residents across Wokingham borough has begun. All items will be dropped at doorsteps together during the next...
23 February 2021
- Budget 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is set to agree a balanced budget along with just under half a billion pounds worth of investment in capital projects over three years
18 February 2021
- Carers and care leavers benefit from more generous council tax policies
Wokingham Borough Council has made changes to its Council Tax policies to benefit both young care leavers and those people who look after their vulnerable relatives.
22 January 2021
- Working to make the borough more inclusive
Wokingham Borough Council is asking residents to help create a fairer community for all. The council is updating its Equality Plan and is seeking views on the objectives it should include. Feedback...
06 January 2021
- Help shape our special educational needs and disability services
More young people in Wokingham Borough with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) need access to our services and we need you to shape how we support them. The council is drafting its...
18 December 2020
- Register now for a postal vote for 2021 local elections
On Thursday 6 May, 2021, Wokingham Borough residents will go to the polls to have their say on who represents them on Wokingham Borough Council and who will be the Police and Crime Commissioner for...
09 December 2020
- Be part of Wokingham Borough's future by working on Census 2021
Census 2021 is fast approaching and the Office for National Statistics is now hiring thousands of staff across every region of England and Wales to encourage people to take part in the decennial...
09 December 2020
- Award for Addington School expansion project
Wokingham Borough Council has won an Education Business Award for its work on the £4.4million expansion of Addington School in Woodley. It scooped the School Procurement Award at a virtual ceremony...
26 November 2020
- Council finances - tackling the myths
There are a lot of myths around the council's financial position that Wokingham Borough Council is keen to tackle.
23 November 2020