Council and meetings news archive
- Bringing a new library to the heart of Twyford
Wokingham Borough Council is restoring and bringing back to the life one of the borough's most historic buildings to provide a permanent home for Tywford Library.
21 March 2023
- New and improved support service for our valued carers
Wokingham Borough Council is reaffirming its commitment to helping unpaid carers by re-launching its Carers Support and Guidance service.
20 March 2023
- Celebrating our differences for neurodiversity week
As part of Neurodiversity Celebration Week, Wokingham Borough Council is proud to share stories from two councillors who have this subject close to their heart.
13 March 2023
- Apply for a free road closure to celebrate The Coronation
Wokingham Borough Council is making it easy for residents to hold street parties by waiving road closure charges during the bank holiday weekend.
07 March 2023
- Youth politics event hailed great success
Wokingham Borough Council welcomed secondary school pupils from across the borough last week to its first Youth Politics Event, where they heard local councillors debate issues that affect their...
28 February 2023
- Social rents capped to help with cost of living crisis
Social rents in Wokingham Borough are set to go up by less than the maximum allowed by the Government to help residents through the cost of living crisis
15 February 2023
- Robust annual budget to be put forward for approval
Wokingham Borough Council will be putting forward its annual budget for approval on 16 February, making the tough decisions to ensure that it remains financially sound and protects those most in...
15 February 2023
- Council hosts first youth politics event
Wokingham Youth MP Holly Mackinnon is on a mission to ensure younger residents have their say on decisions made about their community
10 February 2023
- Additional funds approved to help those struggling to pay their council tax
Wokingham Borough Council has agreed a proposed £100,000 increase in funding for the council tax reduction scheme to help residents who may experience financial difficulties in paying their council...
03 February 2023
- Chance to have your say on borough council ward arrangements
The Local Government Boundary Commission for England has launched a consultation on the electoral wards within Wokingham Borough and wants your views.
01 February 2023
- New NHS mental health service launches
The Mental Health Integrated Community Service, which provides early interventions for people with significant mental illness, has launched in Wokingham Borough.
30 January 2023
- Central government funding for local councils falls short
Wokingham Borough continue to receive the least funding from central government per resident of any unitary authority in the country
27 January 2023
- Crowdfund to support community through cost of living crisis
A historically difficult and financially challenging winter means more people are struggling than ever before. In response to the cost of a living crisis a crowdfund has been launched to support...
18 January 2023
- Help paying for food and energy after Christmas
People struggling to pay bills or buy food can apply for a £120 grant to help them get through the winter. Many in Wokingham Borough will be struggling more than ever due to the cost of living...
13 January 2023
- Remember to bring your Voter ID for May elections
For the first time, residents of Wokingham Borough will need to show photographic ID to vote at this year's local elections in May.
09 January 2023
- Extra £20,000 to help families during festive break
Families in Wokingham Borough will be given more than £20,000 to help with the cost of living during the festive break.
15 December 2022
- More than £600 raised through library birthday celebrations
Events held to celebrate the 35th birthday of Lower Earley Library have raised more than £600 for charity.
09 December 2022
- Ready to make it a warmer winter
Air fryers, slow cookers and other energy efficient items are on offer to residents for free if they are struggling this winter. The Warmer Winter project has been launched by Hardship Alliance...
09 December 2022
- Wokingham Youth MP joins the debate in House of Commons
Youth MP for Wokingham Borough Holly Mackinnon joined other members of the Youth Parliament from across the UK last month at the annual debate in the House of Commons chamber
07 December 2022
- Protection for small businesses recognised with award nomination
Wokingham Borough Council has been named as a finalist for an award which recognises the support it has offered to small businesses during the Covid-19 crisis and beyond.
25 November 2022