Council and meetings news archive
- Protection for small businesses recognised with award nomination
Wokingham Borough Council has been named as a finalist for an award which recognises the support it has offered to small businesses during the Covid-19 crisis and beyond.
25 November 2022
- Charity concerts will show hub has cultural credentials
The first concerts to be performed at the new Carnival Hub in Wokingham are taking place this weekend and will be raising money for a very worthy cause.
16 November 2022
- Easier to find what you need with community directory relaunch
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging residents to make use of the Community Directory, a free online search tool, following the relaunch of the service.
16 November 2022
- Partnership to reduce period poverty and menstrual waste
Wokingham Borough Council is partnering with local businesses and charities to help reduce period poverty and help to get more people using reusable sanitary products.
14 November 2022
- Run a warm space this winter
Organisations and groups wanting to run warm spaces in Wokingham Borough this winter are being asked to come forward. The Hardship Alliance is coordinating this response to ensure anyone struggling...
10 November 2022
- Final chance to have your say on parliamentary boundary proposals
Residents are being invited to have their say on the final version of proposed changes to parliamentary constituency boundaries.
08 November 2022
- Help us shape and enhance the future library service
Help shape and enhance the future library service is the message from Wokingham Borough Council this month (November) as it launches a customer feedback survey.
08 November 2022
- Celebrating 35 years of joy at Lower Earley Library
A series of events are being held to celebrate 35 years since the opening of Lower Earley Library, including a quiz, charity coffee morning and much more.
04 November 2022
- Town abuzz during book festival
Hundreds of young readers enjoyed the exciting return of the Wokingham Children's Book Festival held during the weekend of October 15 and 16.
02 November 2022
- Carnival Hub recognised as finalist for industry award
The Carnival Hub, Wokingham Borough Council's flagship community building, has been named as a finalist for the Thames Valley Property Awards.
28 October 2022
- Celebration to mark Black History Month
There's an event being held in Woodley to celebrate Black History Month. There will be a taste of the Caribbean with food tasting as well as a range of performances for guests to enjoy.
26 October 2022
- Canvassers calling - We need your electoral registration details
Over the next few weeks, canvassers will approach around 4,000 households that have yet to respond to an annual canvass form.
25 October 2022
- Planning council budget in difficult financial times
Wokingham Borough Council is planning its budget for next year – working out how much money it has and what it will be spent on in the next financial year (from March 2023 to March 2024).
24 October 2022
- Community Diversity Grants awarded
Almost £5,000 has been awarded to community organisations working with diverse communities in Wokingham Borough.
21 October 2022
- Help for people struggling to eat or pay bills
Residents who are struggling with the cost of living crisis can now apply for financial help from organisations in Wokingham Borough. A new round of the Household Support Fund is now open, with funds...
18 October 2022
- Get help with cost of living
Help is available for those struggling due to the cost of living crisis in Wokingham borough.
13 October 2022
- Residents encouraged to go digital where possible
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging residents to go digital to ensure they receive the most efficient service and latest news while helping to save money
12 October 2022
- Be aware of links between hate crime and hateful extremism
Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents to stay safe online this National Hate Crime Awareness Week (8 to 15 October).
11 October 2022
- There is no place for hate in Wokingham Borough
Wokingham Borough Council is spreading the message that there is no place for hate this National Hate Crime Awareness Week (8 to 15 October).
05 October 2022
- Covid-19 vaccine clinic relocates from old library
The dedicated Covid-19 vaccine clinic in Wokingham Borough will be moving to Shute End from Thursday 6 October.
03 October 2022