Get your popcorn at the ready, as Dinton Pastures Country Park prepares to host a series of open air cinema nights this summer. Film fanatics are invited to pull up a picnic blanket and to dust off their best fancy dress, with screenings rolling from 10 August to 7 September.
Is this real life? Or is this just fantasy? Due to popular demand Freddie Mercury fans have the chance to catch Bohemian Rhapsody on not one, but two dates. The foot-stomping celebration of Queen will air on 10 and 17 August at 6pm.
Next up is the greatest show! On 24 August musical aficionados can sit back and enjoy The Greatest Showman, an original biopic inspired by the life of P.T. Barnum. Last, but by no means least, Grease is the word. This all singing, all dancing classic, and most successful musical movie of all time, will roll on 7 September - the perfect end to the summer holiday season.
Cllr Parry Batth, executive member for environment and leisure, said: “It wouldn’t be summer without an outdoor cinema event and Dinton Pastures provides a beautiful backdrop for these much-loved movies. The open air cinema nights are family friendly and guests are also welcome to make themselves at home by bringing picnics. We expect these screenings will be incredibly popular so we recommend grabbing tickets while you can.”
A full list of dates and times:
•10 August at 6pm: Bohemian Rhapsody
•17 August at 6pm: Bohemian Rhapsody
•24 August at 6pm: Greatest Showman
•7 September at 6pm: Grease
You can book tickets here.
Have you taken part in our social media competition?
Please find our full terms and conditions below.
The promoter is Dinton Pastures Country Park, a Wokingham Borough Council department.
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Wokingham Borough Council and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation running the competition.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via either Facebook or Instagram.
Only one entry will be accepted per person, per social media channel e.g. one entrant can increase their chances of winning by entering on Facebook and Instagram on both Dinton Pastures pages and Wokingham Borough Council’s pages, but will only be entered once from each channel (a maximum of four entries per person).
Multiple entries from the same person on the same social media platform will be disqualified.
Closing date for entry will be Friday 2 August 2019 at 5pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
•Answer the competition question in the comments section of the competition post
1. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
2. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
3. The prize is as follows:
One pair of adult tickets for either of the following showings (availability dependent). 10 August Bohemian Rhapsody, 17 August Bohemian Rhapsody, 24 August The Greatest Showman, 7 Sept Grease. Each adult ticket retails at £13.95, with the total value of this competition being £27.90.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. You will need to book onto a cinema evening of your choice, however bookings are subject to availability.
4. Winners will be chosen: At random, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents. One winner from the Wokingham Borough Councils Facebook page and another from the Dinton Pastures Country Parks Facebook page will be selected. There will be two winners in total e.g. four tickets given away in total to two separate winners.
5. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook/Instagram within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
6. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be claimed and will be put in touch with the Dinton Activity Centre to book a suitable date.
7. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
10. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
11. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to Wokingham Borough Council and not to any other party.