Family and education news archive
- Wokingham Borough schools elect Youth MP
Pupils from senior schools across Wokingham Borough have elected a new Youth MP and a Vice Youth MP
05 May 2021
- Leaders from Farley Hill Primary visit new Arborfield school
The leaders from Farley Hill Primary School have been given a tour of their new school site in Arborfield
26 April 2021
- Council to receive further DEFRA funding for air quality improvements
DEFRA has allocated an air quality grant to allow Wokingham Borough Council together with neighbouring councils Bracknell Forest and West Berkshire to work with the PPP to deliver ambitious and...
09 April 2021
- Charity and Community Hub set to open in Wokingham town centre later this year
In September, the first Charity and Community Hub will open in Wokingham town centre and it will bring a number of voluntary, charity and community organisations under one roof
24 March 2021
- Council seeks approval to update home to school transport appeals process
Wokingham Borough Council is hoping its plans to improve the home to school transport appeals process are approved later this week after taking on board feedback from local residents and...
23 March 2021
- Free school meals to continue through Easter Holidays
Wokingham Borough Council is using a combination of government grants and its own funds to ensure pupils who receive benefits-related free school meals during term time continue to have access to...
23 March 2021
- Matthewsgreen Primary School opening delayed
The opening of the new primary school in Matthewsgreen, Wokingham, will be moved back due to delays and continuing risks caused by Covid-19.
22 March 2021
- Wokingham Borough Community Response continues as Covid Winter Grant comes to an end
The Covid Winter Grant is coming to an end, but the Wokingham Borough Community Response will continue to support residents in need. The last date for inquiries about the Covid Winter Grant scheme is...
09 March 2021
- Travelling back to school safely this spring
Wokingham Borough Council has once again been working alongside its school transport providers to ensure a safe journey for those who travel slightly further to school.
02 March 2021
- Council wants your feedback on their Healthy Child Programme
Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to families and professional partners across the borough to help to ensure that its Healthy Child Programme continues to offer a quality service that meets...
24 February 2021
- Wokingham Borough Mayor launches My Family themed art competition
Wokingham Borough Mayor and Home-Start Wokingham District call all primary school aged children living in the borough, to take part in a one of a kind, “My Family” themed art competition.
23 February 2021
- Modules delivered for new school in Wokingham
Construction of a new school for Wokingham took a major step this week, with the first phase of modules lifted into place for the buildings. The Keys Academy Trust will run the 210-place school in...
16 February 2021
- 3G pitch completed as new school in Arborfield takes shape
Key sports facilities in Arborfield are ready to go with the all-weather sports pitch now complete as part of a new village school. Wokingham Borough Council is building the new school for the area,...
05 February 2021
- Council agrees to recommission Healthy Child Programme
Wokingham Borough Council has announced its intention to recommission the local Healthy Child Programme to ensure it continues to offer a quality service that meets the needs of Wokingham borough...
29 January 2021
- You spoke, we listened – a quicker and easier online blue badge process launched
We have launched an improved, quicker process for residents applying for a Blue Badge, after listening to your feedback.
18 January 2021
- Statement to schools following national lockdown announcement
Following the previous statement on the reopening of schools, we wish to further clarify the position of Wokingham Borough Council (WBC) in its support for schools and school leadership teams.
05 January 2021
- Wokingham schools prepare for return
Following a busy Christmas break for many headteachers and school staff, Wokingham Borough schools are now preparing to welcome pupils back for the start of the spring term in January.
31 December 2020
- Pupils bring festive cheer
Artistic pupils in Shinfield at have won a Christmas card competition to help spread Christmas cheer to members of the community in need of a message of support
21 December 2020
- Help shape our special educational needs and disability services
More young people in Wokingham Borough with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) need access to our services and we need you to shape how we support them. The council is drafting its...
18 December 2020
- Council committed to reducing single use plastics
Wokingham Borough Council has today reaffirmed its commitment to reducing the use of single use plastics across the borough after successfully overcoming an unprecedented set back due to Covid...
09 December 2020