Family and education news archive
- There is no place for hate in Wokingham Borough
Wokingham Borough Council is spreading the message that there is no place for hate this National Hate Crime Awareness Week (8 to 15 October).
05 October 2022
- Sign your child up for half-term activity camps
There is plenty of fun to be had this October half-term by signing up for Power-Up Kids Activity Camps at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre.
04 October 2022
- Joy for young readers as book festival returns for fifth year
Young readers get ready as we've some incredible, award winning authors coming to Wokingham in October for the fifth year of the Wokingham Childrens Book Festival.
21 September 2022
- Huge success for Drag Queen Story Hour UK sessions
Wokingham Borough Council would like to thank residents following the success of the Drag Queen Story Hour UK sessions held recently at some of its libraries.
02 September 2022
- New leisure centre becomes breastfeeding friendly venue
Wokingham Leisure Centre @ Carnival Hub, Wokingham Borough Council's new flagship community building, has become a breastfeeding friendly venue.
31 August 2022
- Good luck to GCSE students
GCSE students will be collecting their results tomorrow (25 August), after an unprecedented two and a half years of education, with remote learning, national lockdowns and Covid-19 changing the way...
24 August 2022
- Date announced for opening of new Wokingham Library at the Carnival Hub
Local residents are in for a treat when the new Wokingham Library opens its doors at the Carnival Hub on Monday 19 September at 1.30pm.
19 August 2022
- Changes to Council Tax Energy Rebate schemes
Residents are being urged to check their eligibility for the £150 council tax energy rebate payment as the scheme for households in council tax bands A to D comes to an end on Friday 30 September,...
19 August 2022
- Summer update from SEND services
The support that we offer children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families is a key priority the Wokingham Borough Council, through which a range of services, groups...
18 August 2022
- Good luck to our A Level students in results week
Students from across Wokingham Borough are set to collect their A Level results on Thursday (18 August) after more than two years working through the challenges that the pandemic caused in education....
16 August 2022
- First of its kind micro library comes to Shinfield
Residents of Shinfield will be able to access a wide range of books closer to home following the arrival of a new micro library in the village. The self-serve facility has opened at the School Green...
15 August 2022
- Interactive storytellings to promote diversity and inclusion
Three Wokingham Borough libraries will host a nationally acclaimed drag performer during fun and interactive storytellings later this month.
04 August 2022
- Make sparks fly with science experiments at home
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging children to get excited about science by offering Reading Sparks activity boxes containing fun experiments.
19 July 2022
- Council recognised at Construction Excellence Awards
Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to have been named Client of the Year at the Constructing Excellence Awards.
14 July 2022
- Keep out those rays and be sun safe
Wokingham Borough Council is highlighting the risks of developing skin cancer through tanning and sunburn as warm weather and extended sunny spells become more familiar.
06 July 2022
- Spark your curiosity with 2022 Summer Reading Challenge
Science and innovation are at the centre of this year's Summer Reading Challenge, which encourages children to read six books during the summer holidays.
04 July 2022
- First Census results coming soon
The first results from last year's Census will be published on Tuesday, 28 June, giving communities across Wokingham Borough a glimpse of how the population has changed.
27 June 2022
- Home refuge scheme available to domestic abuse victims
The Home Refuge Scheme is a free service provided by Wokingham Borough Council for victims and survivors of domestic abuse where the preparator no longer lives in the home. The council has produced a...
22 June 2022
- Putting your views at the heart of health and social care
Do you use health or social care services? Healthwatch Wokingham Borough is your local champion, here to help people make their voices heard.
16 June 2022
- Crowdfunding appeal launched to help young Ukrainian refugees
We have launched the Chance to Thrive fundraising appeal to help young refugees fleeing Ukraine to make the best start they can to life in Wokingham Borough.
12 May 2022