Family and education news archive
- Raise hope and foster dreams
We need more foster carers so every child can stay in the Borough and close to their families and friends.
27 March 2017
- Schools in Wokingham Borough gearing up for wheely big school challenge
Schools in Wokingham Borough are encouraging children, teachers and parents to jump on their bikes and scooters for The Big Pedal 2017.
17 March 2017
- Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive agrees expansion of three primary schools
This week (15 March) Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive approved the proposed expansion of three primary schools in the Wokingham Borough.
17 March 2017
- Multi academy trust plans for two borough schools
St Crispin's Secondary School and Nine Mile Ride Primary School have registered their intent with the Department for Education to become a Multi Academy Trust (MAT), called The Circle Trust.
10 March 2017
- Proposed changes to school crossing patrols
Wokingham Borough Council continually reviews the value of its non-statutory services, and in this context has been considering the effectiveness of pedestrian crossings as a proven, efficient and...
01 March 2017
- Nine Mile Ride footway for Finchampstead pupils
Wokingham Borough Council is providing a new Safe Route to School to provide a continuous path for Finchampstead pupils to walk to the new Bohunt School in Arborfield. The route is along Nine Mile...
15 February 2017
- Proposals to expand four primary schools
Wokingham Borough Council has published proposals for the expansion of four primary schools.
24 January 2017
- You really can make a difference
There are children and young people in our Borough right now looking for a loving home, and the chance to reach their potential.
11 January 2017
- Oakbank School on an upward trajectory
Back in the summer, the school received a visit from Ofsted and was delighted to be told that it is a 'Good' school.
28 December 2016
- Helping Elevate young people
Elevate is an employment and skills hub offering support to young people and adults to enter the world of work.
21 December 2016
- School carollers raise the roof for Mayor's charity
More than 400 school children and 1,000 parents gathered at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre in Lower Earley on Sunday to sing carols at the annual Wokingham Borough primary schools' carol concert.
13 December 2016
- Wokingham Schools Careers Fair
Young people and their parents are invited to find out more about careers, apprenticeships, university and college on Wednesday 5 October at this year's Wokingham Schools Careers Fair.
26 September 2016
- Find out more about fostering
Being a Foster Carer is an opportunity to make a real difference to a child or young person. You can find out more about being a foster carer at one of our information sessions
15 September 2016
- First new secondary built in Wokingham Borough in half a century welcomes its students
The first new secondary school to be built in the Wokingham Borough for more than 50 years opened its doors for the first time today (7 September).
07 September 2016
- Congratulations to our national busting GCSE students
GCSE students across the Wokingham borough rightly deserve their celebrations today after yet again achieving higher grades than last summer's, and therefore bucking the national trend of falling...
25 August 2016
- Wokingham Borough a-level results above the national average
Wokingham Borough's students are celebrating their A-Level success today (August 18) after it was revealed their results were above the national average.
18 August 2016
- Ofsted judge adult education in Wokingham Borough as good
Adult education in Wokingham Borough has been judged as good by Ofsted following an inspection last month (July).
17 August 2016
- Specialist autism unit set to come to St Crispin's School
Last week (Thursday), Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive approved the creation of a new autism unit at St Crispin's School.
03 August 2016
- New funding available for local groups in Berkshire
Local groups and organisations with great ideas to make their communities an even better place to live are now invited to apply for funding to turn their ideas into reality.
29 July 2016
- Hearing impaired unit for Wokingham pupils saved
A dedicated unit for hearing impaired pupils in a mainstream Wokingham Borough school will be open as normal this September now a specialist teacher has been recruited in time.
26 July 2016