Leisure and libraries news archive
- World class carbon- busting crusaders
Shinfield St Marys Junior School has won carbon neutral gold status from One Carbon World
18 March 2020
- New chapter for Arborfield library
Borough Mayor, Cllr Bill Soane, has officially opened Arborfields pop-up library in its new home at Arborfield Green Community Centre
09 March 2020
- Construction of multi-million pound Carnival complex starts summer 2020
Work starts this summer on the multi-million pound Carnival complex featuring a new larger leisure centre and library. This means from 10 May 2020, Carnival Pool and Fitness Centre will close its...
03 March 2020
- Multi-million pound Bulmershe Leisure Centre set to open ahead of schedule
The brand new £14.5million Bulmershe Leisure Centre will officially open its doors at 6am on Wednesday 22 April– almost 12 weeks earlier than originally planned.
02 March 2020
- Wokingham regeneration nominated for prestigious planning industry award
Wokingham borough council has been named as a finalist in the category for excellence in planning for a successful economy at the Royal Town Planning Institute Awards for Planning Excellence 2020
27 February 2020
- Plans submitted for a £1.8m Dinton Activity Centre
Wokingham Borough Council has submitted plans for a new £1.8m Dinton Activity Centre that reflect public feedback from consultation and community drop-in sessions.
25 February 2020
- Council supports residents with long term health conditions
We are proud to be helping to kick start a fantastic national Sport England campaign 'We are Undefeatable' to help the one in four people in England who live with a long-term health condition.
20 February 2020
- Dinton X-Trail Night Run
See Dinton Pastures in a new light, join the X-Trail Night Run and brave a five mile off-road running course under the light of the moon. The event has been organised in partnership with...
19 February 2020
- Tree planting at Dinton to offset carbon
Dinton Pastures has 20 new silver birch trees thanks to Squire's Garden Centre as it helps the borough on its journey to be carbon neutral by 2030. The business in Heathlands Road, Wokingham, teamed...
13 February 2020
- Half term fun in Wokingham Borough
January is over and that can only mean one thing, February half term is just around the corner. Don't worry, we've got something for everyone to enjoy over the school break. Whether you are in need...
10 February 2020
- What is good for your body is good for your mind
In support of the national mental health campaign Every Mind Matters, Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to its residents to raise awareness of its mental wellbeing sports programme
04 February 2020
- Local children help choose the National Storytime Prize Winner
Local nursery and preschool children across the borough have played a vital role in selecting the winner of the first ever National Storytime Prize, Cyril and Pat by Emily Gravett
04 February 2020
- Increased choice of sport, fitness and wellbeing pursuits at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre thanks to £2 million investment
With more than £2 million invested, the refurbishment and enhancement of Loddon Valley Leisure Centre in Lower Earley is now complete and sees the centre offering an increased choice of sport,...
30 January 2020
- Gearing up for the annual Wokingham Half Marathon and Mini Mile
Runners from across the Borough are gearing up for the biggest running event of the year.
28 January 2020
- Support for unpaid carers
We are now offering a special rate at our gyms and swimming pools for unpaid carers.
Our Borough is full of wonderful people who work hard to provide love and support to their relatives and loved...
09 January 2020
- Find out more about Council's £1.6million plans to enhance Cantley Park
Come and find out more about Wokingham Borough Council's plans to enhance Cantley Park in Wokingham at one of its drop-in sessions taking place in January.
08 January 2020
- New Year, new look for California Country Park
California Country Park has been revamped ready for visitors to enjoy in the New Year. Over the course of 2019, council officers and the countryside service have been hard at work on several...
02 January 2020
- Volunteers sought to help improve local woodlands, as part of a conservation project launching in the New Year
Two of Wokingham's wildlife havens will benefit from the conservation work run by The Conservation Volunteers' Woodland Improvement Team (WIT). The conservation work, which will start in January...
19 December 2019
- Sell out success for Dinton Santa Dash
On Saturday 14 December a record number of participants gathered for the annual Dinton Santa Dash. The event sold out weeks in advance with 650 Santa's signing-up for the festive run around Dinton...
17 December 2019
- Transforming Cantley Park
More than £1.6million is set to be invested at Cantley Park in Wokingham if enhancement proposals are agreed by Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive at its meeting on Monday December...
16 December 2019