Leisure and libraries news archive
- Nominate local sports people for 2020-2021 Wokingham sports awards
The countdown to the annual Wokingham Borough Sports Awards has started and the sports council is asking for your nominations for deserving athletes, coaches and teams.
06 October 2021
- Wokingham Children Book festival is back this year
Some nine authors will be heading to the fantastic Wokingham Children Book Festival this October in a series of live and online events.
28 September 2021
- Official opening of new Farley Hill Primary School buildings
The new Farley Hill Primary School has been officially opened by the Mayor of Wokingham Borough. Cllr Keith Baker MBE cut the ribbon to officially open the new school at Arborfield Green with...
23 September 2021
- Keys handed over for new Farley Hill Primary School
Keys for the new Farley Hill Primary School site in Arborfield have been handed over to its headteacher. Emma Clarke and her team are gearing up to open the new school site next month, after...
25 August 2021
- Wokingham Festival returns to Cantley Park
Wokingham Festival returns to Cantley Park on 28 to 30 August and you have until 10pm on Thursday 26 August to get your advanced tickets.
24 August 2021
- All Wokingham borough libraries set to re-open on 19 July
Wokingham Borough Council is pleased to announce that library buildings in the borough will be reopening from Monday 19 July, in line with the easing of national restrictions.
22 July 2021
- Have your say on our draft Leisure Strategy
We have launched a consultation on our draft Leisure Strategy for 2021-2025, and want to hear your views on our proposals.
18 May 2021
- Eco exterior for new multi-million pound Dinton Activity Centre
Dinton Pastures new £2.4million activity centre edges closer to completion with the successful installation of the outer building's Siberian larch cladding. The eco-friendly exterior has been...
29 April 2021
- Booking open for new play area at California Country Park
Bookings are now open for the new play area at California Country Park which will open from 24 April
19 April 2021
- Leisure centres and libraries to reopen in Step 2 of lockdown roadmap
Leisure facilities across the borough will reopen from 6am on Monday 12 April, with the Wokingham, Woodley and Lower Earley libraries also re-opening their buildings on set days and at reduced hours...
09 April 2021
- Dam improvements at California Country Park
Improvements to the Longmoor Lake dam at California Country Park will begin later this month. Wokingham Borough Council is rebuilding the spillway, which controls the release of water from the dam,...
09 April 2021
- Meet famous authors online with Wokingham Borough Libraries
Wokingham Borough Libraries is thrilled to deliver a series of fascinating online events, meeting famous authors and hearing the exclusive behind-the-scenes of their latest books.
08 April 2021
- Hop into Easter with Council's array of egg-cellent activities
Wokingham Borough Council's countryside service and libraries team have an egg-cellent array of online and physical activities to keep you and your family entertained across the Easter break.
01 April 2021
- Mucky pups invited to Dinton's new dog wash
Mucky pups are invited to scrub up at Dinton Pasture's brand-new dog wash. The new self-service system is provided by Polygon Pets Ltd to help keep your furry friends squeaky clean. Located adjacent...
26 March 2021
- Council set to consider draft leisure strategy
Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive is set to consider a report to approve its new draft leisure strategy (2021-2025) and plans to consult with residents and stakeholders at its...
24 March 2021
- A new chapter for Twyford Library
A new chapter is opening for Twyford Library as Wokingham Borough Council approves plans to create a brand-new facility in the centre of the village, converting the Old Polehampton Boys School
10 March 2021
- New £2.4 million Dinton Activity Centre taking shape
Dinton Pastures new multi-million-pound activity centre, designed by HLM Architects, reached a major milestone on Thursday 28 and Friday 29 January, as modules were lifted into place at the borough's...
01 February 2021
- Work starts on new 3G pitch and pavilion at Cantley Park
Work to revamp facilities at Cantley Park in Wokingham is well underway thanks to significant investment by Wokingham Borough Council.
27 January 2021
- Wokingham Borough Council announces temporary closure of its Shute End office
Wokingham Borough Council has temporarily closed its main office at Shute End, following Tier 4 announcement late last week.
23 December 2020
- Council inspires local authorities across the UK with plans to achieve carbon neutrality
Wokingham Borough Council has been inspiring local authorities across the UK with their plans to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030
17 December 2020