Leisure and libraries news archive
- Join the festive fun at Dinton Pastures Christmas Fair
The countdown to Christmas is on and what better way to get into the festive spirit than by heading down to Dinton Pastures Christmas Fair. The weekend is set to be bigger and better than before,...
19 November 2019
- New community centre coming to Shinfield
A new community centre for Shinfield has just taken a big step forward with planning approval. Now granted.
Shinfield Parish Council and Wokingham Borough Council have been working together on the...
08 November 2019
- Inside the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre
It is a hive of construction activity inside the new £14.5million Bulmershe Leisure Centre in Woodley this month (November). Tiling is continuing on the six-lane 25-metre swimming pool as well as in...
07 November 2019
- Plans for a new £1.8m Dinton Activity Centre unveiled
A two storey building that compliments its natural surroundings, state-of-the-art facilities, an activity hall, and a coffee shop with a viewing gallery overlooking the lake; just a few of the new...
06 November 2019
- Things are taking shape inside the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre
Things are really taking shape inside the new Bulmershe Leisure Centre in Woodley. The six-lane 25 metre swimming pool is in, and tiling has started.
23 October 2019
- Half term fun around the borough
It may feel like you only just packed the kids off back to school after the summer holidays but half term is nearly upon us. Do not worry, Wokingham Borough Council have got something for everyone...
18 October 2019
- Famous authors go back to school ahead of Wokingham Childrens Book Festival
Wokingham Childrens Book Festival returns this weekend with an immense line up of hugely talented authors, amazing illustrators and inspirational story tellers
16 October 2019
- Sporting fun this half term
The summer holidays may be over but half term is already just round the corner. If you need to entertain the kids why not try one of our Wokingham Active Kids multi-sport sessions?
14 October 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council to host series of spooktacular events
There's a chill in the air, which can mean only one thing, Halloween is almost here. Fortunately, residents across the borough are in for a treat, with a series of spooktacular events taking place at...
14 October 2019
- Sporting memories helping to tackle loneliness and isolation in Wokingham
Sport England's Sporting Memories project is helping some of the Wokingham Borough's older residents meet new people. Whether it's playing football, golf or badminton, perhaps just being a spectator,...
09 October 2019
- Wokingham library releases line up for the eagerly awaited Childrens Book Festival
Wokingham Children's Book Festival returns this month and hot off the press Wokingham Library has announced the latest additions to their immense line up of hugely talented authors and amazing...
03 October 2019
- Local children celebrate out of this world success with Councils summer reading challenge
Wokingham Borough Council is over the moon that a supersonic 2000 medals and certificates have been presented to children across the borough who successfully completed their Space Chase Summer...
03 October 2019
- New facilities officially opened as part of Addington expansion
A host of new facilities have been officially opened as part of the £4.4million expansion of Addington School. Two new multi-use games areas, a new sensory path and expanded car park were all...
01 October 2019
- Nominations for Wokingham Sports Awards now open
Do you know someone who's excelled at a certain sport? Or perhaps it's a school, team or club? The Wokingham Borough Council Sports Award is a great way to highlight their success.
26 September 2019
- Wokingham Childrens Book Festival Returns
Avid young readers can rejoice as Wokingham Childrens Book Festival returns this autumn. Taking place on the 19 and 20 October the festival follows on from the success of last year's debut event
26 September 2019
- Grubs up for 134 families during the summer
Thanks to the generosity of volunteers and local organisations, The Grub Club served 641 meals across 11 days of the summer holidays to families in need in the borough. To recognise the volunteers'...
25 September 2019
- Council offers help to those looking to pedal more around the borough and beyond
Do you sit in traffic watching cyclists passing you by and wish you could swap your four wheels for two? What's holding you back? Do you know how to cycle competently on but need a little help with...
19 September 2019
- Council celebrates summer cycling success for local children
A record number of local children have thrown away their stabilisers this summer after pedalling their way to success, completing Wokingham Borough Council's Bikeability Learn to Ride course.
12 September 2019
- Council adds new children and family conference facilities at Wokingham library
Work to provide conference facilities at Wokingham library has begun this week which will allow them to continue to support children and families in times of need
11 September 2019
- Comic book classics hit Wokingham Borough libraries
Whether you're Fantastic Four fanatic or a X-Men enthusiast , Wokingham Borough Libraries are jam-packed with superheroes and villains, now available to you free of charge at just the touch of a...
10 September 2019