Wokingham Borough Council has announced its office opening hours for the Christmas and New Year period at its Shute End offices:
- Friday 24 December - 9am to 3pm
- Saturday 25 December (Christmas Day) - Closed
- Sunday 26 December (Boxing Day) - Closed
- Monday 27 December (Bank holiday – Christmas Day substitute day) - Closed
- Tuesday 28 December (Bank Holiday - Boxing Day substitute day) - Closed
- Wednesday 29 December - Normal opening hours (9am to 5pm)
- Thursday 30 December - Normal opening hours (9am to 5pm)
- Friday 31 December (New Year’s Eve)- 9am to 3pm
- Saturday 1 January 2022 (New Year’s Day) - Closed
- Sunday 2 January 2022 - Closed
- Monday 3 January 2022 (Bank holiday – New Year’s Day substitute day)- Closed
- Tuesday 4 January 2022 - Normal opening hours (9am to 5pm)
Out of hours numbers
The emergency out-of-hours telephone number during the holiday period is (0800) 212 111. Social services emergencies out-of-hours telephone number is 01344 351999.
The telephone number for reporting out-of-hours repairs to council properties is (0800) 515 287 for general repairs and (0800) 389 8789 for heating repairs and gas servicing. The calls will be managed by the council’s out-of-hours call centre and passed to the appropriate contractor.
The community mental health crisis team will be providing out-of-hours urgent care service, available on (0300) 365 9999.
Waste and recycling
The waste and recycling collections are unaffected this year with no changes to the schedule. Residents should ensure they put their blue bags and green recycling bags outside the night before as collections may be earlier than usual.
All Wokingham Borough libraries will be closed from 25 December to 28 December and 1 January to 3 January.
There are also some adjustment to closing times on certain days at certain locations. Twyford Library will close at 1pm on Friday 24 December and Friday 31 December. On the same days Wokingham, Lower Earley, Winnersh and Woodley Libraries will close at 3pm. Wargrave Library will be completely closed on both dates. Finchampstead Library will be closed from 1pm on 24 December to 3 January inclusive.
During the rest of the festive period all other libraries will be open normal branch hours. Ebooks, newspapers, magazines, and streaming music will be available via the council’s website. Further details on opening times and other library services can be found on the Wokingham Borough Libraries webpages.
More from Wokingham Borough Council
Stay connected to the communities around you. Enjoy the latest on the Covid-19 pandemic, general news, updates and highlights straight in your inbox. Subscribe to our Wokingham Borough Connect newsletters now.