Event: Compassion in Farming - a talk
When: Monday November 12, 10.30am to 12noon
Where: Wokingham Library
Come to a stimulating talk at the library which will consider the following questions:
- How do my food choices effect farm animal welfare, the environment and my own health?
- Are food labels designed to cause confusion? What do the words and logos actually mean?
- How humane is Halal slaughter?
- Can I eat meat with a clear conscience, and if so, how much?
- Have mega farms come to the UK?
- What’s happening about live animal export, and will this change when we leave the EU?
- Is farmed fish an ethical choice?
- Is factory farming the way the feed a hungry world?
We can’t guarantee to have all the answers, but we do have a lively, informative presentation. You can put your questions and exchange ideas too.
To book a place call (0118) 9781368, there is a £3 charge to attend.