A new leader and executive has been agreed for Wokingham Borough Council.
Cllr Clive Jones has been elected the council’s new leader and his deputy will be Cllr Stephen Conway.
This follows the local elections earlier this month, which left the council in a position of no overall control.
Following discussions between Liberal Democrat, Labour and Independent councillors, they have agreed to act together as a group. The group is called the Wokingham Borough Partnership.
The list of councillors and their executive portfolios is as follows:
- Clive Jones - Leader of the Council and Business and Economic Development
- Stephen Conway - Deputy Leader of the Council and Housing
- Lindsay Ferris - Executive Member for Planning and Local Plan
- Prue Bray - Executive Member for Children’s Services
- Paul Fishwick - Executive Member for Active Travel, Transport and Highways
- David Hare - Executive Member for Health and Wellbeing and Adult Services
- Sarah Kerr - Executive Member for Climate Emergency and Resident Services
- Ian Shenton - Executive Member for Environment, Sport and Leisure
- Imogen Shepherd-Dubey - Executive Member for Finance
- Rachel Bishop-Firth - Executive Member for Equalities, Inclusion and Fighting Poverty
A new borough mayor was also elected at the meeting, it will be Cllr Caroline Smith. The deputy mayor will be Cllr Beth Rowland.
More from Wokingham Borough Council
Stay connected to the communities around you. Enjoy the latest news, updates and highlights straight in your inbox. Subscribe to our Wokingham Borough Connect newsletters now.