Being prepared for winter weather can help reduce the possible risk of flooding. It's your responsibility to protect your property from flooding, so follow these handy tips to help prepare you...
- Check if you are in a flood risk area on the Environment Agency website. You can also sign up to the Flood Warning Service
- If you're in a flood risk area, prepare a flood plan for your property including property level protection
- Check out our sandbag policy and buy sandbags if your property is at risk of flooding or if it has flooded in the past
- Prepare a community emergency plan. Details on how to create one can be found on the National Flood Forum website.
- Nominate Flood Wardens to report drainage issues or flooding to us
- Check all ditches and culverts in your area, and make sure they are clear of rubbish and not blocked. If they are, ask the owner to clear them
- Check rivers and streams are clear of rubbish and other obstructions. If they are blocked contact the owner and ask them to clear them
Useful websites and information: