Wokingham Borough Council is delighted to be offering one lucky family the chance to win a taster session at Dinton Pastures Country Park. The winning group will enjoy a 90-minute instructor lead water sport session of their choosing, worth up to £100*. The activities on offer include; canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding and sailing.
How to enter?
To be in with a chance of winning head to either our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page and find the post relating to this competition. To enter, you’ll need to follow the relevant social media account, like the post and tag two friends.
You can increase your chances of winning by entering on each social media page, however each individual is limited to one entry per social media channel. The competition will open on Friday 21 June at 5pm and will close on Saturday 29 June at 5pm. The winner will be announced on Monday 1 July at 5pm. We wish you luck!
See our full Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
The promoter is Wokingham Borough Council in conjunction with Dinton Pastures Country Park.
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Wokingham Borough Council and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation organising the competition.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Only one entry will be accepted per person, per social media channel e.g. one entrant can increase their chances of winning by entering on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but will only be entered once from each channel (a maximum of three entries per person). Multiple entries from the same person on the same social media platform will be disqualified.
Closing date for entry will be Saturday 29 June at 5pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
•Decide whether you are entering on Wokingham Borough Council’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
•Follow your chosen social media account
•Like the post regarding the competition
•Tag two friends in the comments below the post on Facebook and Instagram or by @mentioning them on Twitter
1. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
2. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
3. The prize is as follows:
One family taster session at Dinton Pastures Country Park (up to a maximum of five people per family). The family can choose one activity to experience from canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding or sailing. The session will last 90-minutes. The sessions usually cost £25 per person or £45 for 2 people, therefore a taster session for a family of five would have a retail value of £115.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the winning family will be put in direct contact with the Dinton Activity Centre to find a suitable date to participate.
4. Winners will be chosen:
At random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
5. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
6. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be claimed and will be put in touch with the Dinton Activity Centre to book a suitable date.
7. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
10. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
11. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to Wokingham Borough Council and not to any other party.