Following the recent local government election, Wokingham Borough Council’s executive membership and their portfolios have changed slightly.
The executive is responsible for all strategic decision-making for the borough council apart from matters reserved for Full Council.
The new executive was announced at Council on 19 May.
Executive lead members and their portfolios
- Cllr Keith Baker - Leader of the Council
See more about Cllr Baker.
- Appoint the Executive
- Community, voluntary and public sector engagement, consultation and communication
- Member training
- WBC-owned companies
- To mentor, support and develop Executive & Deputy Executive Members
- Raise the Council’s profile locally and nationally
- Promote and oversee the Council’s Communications and Marketing Strategy
- Oversee the Council’s Service Plans
- Policy co-ordination and strategy
- Prepare the Executive Forward
- Cllr Julian McGhee-Sumner - Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Health and Wellbeing
See more about Cllr McGhee-Sumner.
- Deputise for the Leader of the Council and undertake his statutory functions in his absence, and to deal with specific tasks allocated by him
- Adult Social Services and Housing
- Tenant Services
- Public Health
- Social Care strategy
- Commissioning Strategy
- Looked-after young adults
- Children and Young People with disabilities
- Cllr Charlotte Haitham Taylor - Executive Member for Children’s Services
See more about Cllr Haitham Taylor.
- Looked-after children
- Policies and strategies
- Early Years and Childcare services and Children’s Centres
- Youth Service
- Planning school places (and new schools)
- School Admission Process
- School improvement plans
- Academies and Free Schools
- School inspections
- Cllr Anthony Pollock - Executive Member for Economic Development and Finance
See more about Cllr Pollock.
- WBC Budget
- Shared Internal Audit and Investigations Service
- Annual fees and charges
- Council Tax
- Revenues and Benefits
- Capital Strategy and Capital Programme
- Monitor financial aspects of WBC-owned companies
- Cllr Angus Ross - Executive Member for Environment
See more about Cllr Ross.
- Flooding and Drainage
- Waste collection and recycling services
- Open space, country parks, SANGs and playgrounds
- Leisure and Sports Development
- Public Rights of Way
- Tree Policy
- Minerals and Waste Plan
- Cllr Mark Ashwell - Executive Member for Planning and Regeneration
See more about Cllr Ashwell.
- Planning, Planning Enforcement and Land Use
- Strategic planning for development areas across the borough
- Local Plan
- Planning and development consultations
- S106, CIL and other developer contributions
- Town centre regeneration projects across the borough
- Asset Strategy for council-owned property
- Cllr Pauline Jorgensen - Executive Member for Resident Services
See more about Cllr Jorgensen.
- E-government strategy
- Customer Services
- Shared Legal Services and Governance and Improvement Services
- Monitor traded and shared services
- Equal Opportunities
- Culture and Library Services
- Public Protection Service
- Lifelong Learning Partnership
- Community resilience
- Cllr Malcolm Richards - Executive Member for Highways and Transport
See more about Cllr Richards.
- Strategic highways planning issues
- Highways Infrastructure Strategy
- Highways maintenance including street scene, signage, and winter roads
- Community, School and Subsidised Transport Strategy
- Parking policy, implementation and management
Deputy Executive Members
- Cllr Richard Dolinski - Deputy Executive Member for Children’s Services
- Cllr Stuart Munro - Deputy Executive Member for Economic Development and Finance
- Cllr Parry Batth - Deputy Executive Member for Environment
- Cllr Alistair Auty - Deputy Executive Member for Health and Wellbeing
- Cllr Chris Bowring - Deputy Executive Member for Planning and Regeneration
- Cllr Alison Swaddle - Deputy Executive Member for Resident Services
- Cllr David Sleight - Deputy Executive Member for Highways and Transport
For more details about the Deputy Executive Members and all Borough Councillors visit the Your Councillor webpage.