At the annual Meeting of the Council on Thursday (18 May). Cllr Charlotte Haitham Taylor was elected as leader of the council and has made the following appointments to her Executive:
- Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Strategic Planning and Highways:
Cllr David Lee
- Executive Member for Business and Economic Development and Regeneration:
Cllr Stuart Munro
- Executive Member for Planning and Enforcement: Cllr Simon Weeks
- Executive Member for Environment, Sports, Environmental Health, Leisure and Libraries: Cllr Norman Jorgensen
- Executive Member for Adults’ Services, Health, Wellbeing and Housing:
Cllr Julian McGhee-Sumner
- Executive Member for Finance, 21st Century Council, Internal Services and Human Resources: Cllr Oliver Whittle
- Executive Member for Highways and Transport: Cllr Chris Bowring
- Executive Member for Children’s Services: Cllr Mark Ashwell
Borough Mayor and Deputy Mayor appointed
Cllr Rob Stanton has also been elected as Mayor of Wokingham Borough at the annual Meeting of the Council on 18 May.
The Mayor is officially the 'first citizen' of the borough and has a civic role, representing the council and the people of the borough, as well presiding over borough council meetings. Unless Her Majesty the Queen or her representative is in attendance, the Mayor takes precedence over any other dignitaries attending events.
Cllr John Kaiser will serve as Deputy Mayor.