Planning and housing news archive
- Temporary shuttle bus introduced for Finchampstead
A temporary shuttle bus service has been introduced for parts of Finchampstead as part of the Nine Mile Ride Extension project. The Park Lane/Nine Mile Ride junction is closed while construction work...
13 July 2021
- Name revealed for new school in Wokingham
A new primary school in Wokingham will be called St Cecilia's Church of England Primary School. The 210 place school at Matthewsgreen, which will be open to all pupils, has been named after the...
08 July 2021
- New entrance to Addington School complete
A new entrance has been created at Addington School in Woodley to help students and parents access the site more easily. School buses and parents will now be able to get in and out of the site...
19 May 2021
- Matthewsgreen Primary School opening delayed
The opening of the new primary school in Matthewsgreen, Wokingham, will be moved back due to delays and continuing risks caused by Covid-19.
22 March 2021
- Plans for employment hub to help residents get jobs
Plans are being drawn up to create an employment hub run by Wokingham Borough Council to help residents into jobs. The hub, which will be in or close to Wokingham town centre, will support residents...
19 March 2021
- Badgers settle into new home
Badgers have taken to a new home created for them in Finchampstead. Two artificial setts have been created by Wokingham Borough Council and its partners after a sett was found near the area planned...
16 March 2021
- Council considering new options for managing growth for new local plan
Wokingham Borough Council is looking at alternatives to a garden town in Grazeley following the Ministry of Defence objections to the plans. Last year the council consulted on a draft local plan...
23 February 2021
- Modules delivered for new school in Wokingham
Construction of a new school for Wokingham took a major step this week, with the first phase of modules lifted into place for the buildings. The Keys Academy Trust will run the 210-place school in...
16 February 2021
- 3G pitch completed as new school in Arborfield takes shape
Key sports facilities in Arborfield are ready to go with the all-weather sports pitch now complete as part of a new village school. Wokingham Borough Council is building the new school for the area,...
05 February 2021
- Council local plan moves away from Grazeley garden town
Wokingham Borough Council is looking at alternatives to a garden town in Grazeley as the Ministry of Defence object to the plans. Earlier this year the council consulted on a draft local plan...
10 December 2020
- Buildings in place for new Arborfield school
Buildings are now in place for the new primary school at Arborfield Green being built by Wokingham Borough Council. Modules have begun being lifted into place for the 420-place school which is due to...
02 December 2020
- Council launches consultation on draft housing strategy
Wokingham Borough Council is launching a consultation on its draft housing strategy that will look at the need for housing in the borough, ensure that it builds the right homes in the right places,...
18 November 2020
- Gorrick Square bespoke bungalow becomes home
Three young men with specialist care requirements are set to move into a purpose built bungalow at Gorrick Square in Wokingham.
17 November 2020
- Wokingham borough continues fight against government changes to planning system
Last month, Wokingham Borough Council asked residents to speak out about the government's proposals to double the number of homes built in the borough each year, by emailing their MP and the...
14 October 2020
- Green home grants now available to local residents
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging homeowners and landlords to apply for a government green homes grant towards the cost of installing energy efficient and low-carbon heating improvements
10 September 2020
- Have your say in the final phase of the Gorse Ride regeneration
Plans to give Gorse Ride residents top quality homes have taken a big step forward now the planning application has been submitted for the final phases of this ambitious community regeneration.
26 August 2020
- Warning of loft insulation scam operating in Berkshire
The Public Protection Partnership have been made aware of residents in Bracknell, Sandhurst and Crowthorne, particularly those that are retired, being targeted for spray loft works.
25 August 2020
- Academy trust chosen for new primary school in Wokingham
A new primary school for north Wokingham is a step closer after The Keys Academy Trust was approved by the Secretary of State for Education to run it. The 210-place school, which is being built with...
05 August 2020
- Multi-million pound expansion of Addington School nears completion
Construction work on the £4.4million single-storey block at Addington School in Woodley is almost complete. Fit out of the building is now entering the final stages, meaning the Ofsted-rated...
31 July 2020
- Council takes next step to becoming carbon neutral by 2030
Wokingham Borough Council has approved the annual report for its climate emergency action plan which sets out ambitious targets and detailed actions for Wokingham Borough to become carbon neutral by...
24 July 2020