Planning and housing news archive
- Council launches consultation on draft housing strategy
Wokingham Borough Council is launching a consultation on its draft housing strategy that will look at the need for housing in the borough, ensure that it builds the right homes in the right places,...
18 November 2020
- Gorrick Square bespoke bungalow becomes home
Three young men with specialist care requirements are set to move into a purpose built bungalow at Gorrick Square in Wokingham.
17 November 2020
- Wokingham borough continues fight against government changes to planning system
Last month, Wokingham Borough Council asked residents to speak out about the government's proposals to double the number of homes built in the borough each year, by emailing their MP and the...
14 October 2020
- Green home grants now available to local residents
Wokingham Borough Council is encouraging homeowners and landlords to apply for a government green homes grant towards the cost of installing energy efficient and low-carbon heating improvements
10 September 2020
- Have your say in the final phase of the Gorse Ride regeneration
Plans to give Gorse Ride residents top quality homes have taken a big step forward now the planning application has been submitted for the final phases of this ambitious community regeneration.
26 August 2020
- Warning of loft insulation scam operating in Berkshire
The Public Protection Partnership have been made aware of residents in Bracknell, Sandhurst and Crowthorne, particularly those that are retired, being targeted for spray loft works.
25 August 2020
- Academy trust chosen for new primary school in Wokingham
A new primary school for north Wokingham is a step closer after The Keys Academy Trust was approved by the Secretary of State for Education to run it. The 210-place school, which is being built with...
05 August 2020
- Multi-million pound expansion of Addington School nears completion
Construction work on the £4.4million single-storey block at Addington School in Woodley is almost complete. Fit out of the building is now entering the final stages, meaning the Ofsted-rated...
31 July 2020
- Council takes next step to becoming carbon neutral by 2030
Wokingham Borough Council has approved the annual report for its climate emergency action plan which sets out ambitious targets and detailed actions for Wokingham Borough to become carbon neutral by...
24 July 2020
- Council announces construction to begin on new community centre in Shinfield
A new community centre for Shinfield took a major step forward this week as contracts were signed with LifeBuild who will lead on construction of this exciting new partnership project
17 July 2020
- Larger emergency planning zone for AWE Burghfield
If you live in Spencers Wood, Three Mile Cross and Grazeley please look out for an important communication coming from West Berkshire Council about the emergency planning zone around AWE Burghfield...
18 May 2020
- New community tree garden for Woodley precinct
A community garden will be created in Woodley precinct to smarten up the town centre and help boost the local economy as it responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be created around the trees...
14 May 2020
- Milestone for local planning as council adopts Arborfield and Barkham Neighbourhood Plan
Local planning in Wokingham Borough reached a significant milestone last week (22 April) when the council adopted the Arborfield and Barkham Neighbourhood Plan
30 April 2020
- Carnival Pool and fitness centre demolition starts
Wokingham Borough Council has brought forward the demolition of the Carnival Pool and Fitness Centre. Demolition will start on 20 April.
15 April 2020
- Construction of multi-million pound Carnival complex starts summer 2020
Work starts this summer on the multi-million pound Carnival complex featuring a new larger leisure centre and library. This means from 10 May 2020, Carnival Pool and Fitness Centre will close its...
03 March 2020
- Wokingham regeneration nominated for prestigious planning industry award
Wokingham borough council has been named as a finalist in the category for excellence in planning for a successful economy at the Royal Town Planning Institute Awards for Planning Excellence 2020
27 February 2020
- Consultation starts on Local Plan Update
Wokingham Borough Council is asking its residents to provide their views on the draft Local Plan Update, which will set where and how development can take place in the years ahead.
05 February 2020
- Wokingham Without Parish Council selected as preferred operator for new community centre
Wokingham Borough Council selected Wokingham Without Parish Council as the preferred operator for a new community centre at its January executive meeting last night (30 January). The new community...
31 January 2020
- Wokingham Borough Council adopts Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy
Homelessness can be devastating for individuals and families, and have long term consequences for those affected.
24 January 2020
- Environmental protection and quality of life at the heart of the draft Local Plan
The draft Local Plan update is due to be unveiled on 15 January at a meeting of the extraordinary executive, and if agreed a public consultation on it would be launched in February.
09 January 2020