Recycling and rubbish news archive
- Your blue bags are coming soon
Blue general rubbish bags will start being delivered in Wokingham Borough from 6 February (Monday). They will be dropped on doorsteps over a six-week period, with all houses receiving them by mid...
30 January 2023
- Check who's clearing your waste or risk a fine
Residents and businesses having a New Year clean-up or undergoing renovations have been warned not to end up with a fine for fly-tipping. Wokingham Borough Council is reminding everyone that they're...
11 January 2023
- Overwhelming responses to consultation on future rubbish and recycling collections
More than 9,000 Wokingham residents have taken part in a consultation on potential changes to their rubbish and recycling collections, which ended on 5 December 2022. Wokingham Borough Council is...
12 December 2022
- Christmas and New Year waste collections 2022
Changes to waste and recycling collections during the festive period 2022
07 December 2022
- Last chance to give your views on potential changes to waste collections
Residents in Wokingham borough are being reminded that they have less than a week left to have their say on the potential changes to their future rubbish and recycling collections. The consultation...
29 November 2022
- Thousands of residents have their say on future rubbish and recycling collections
Over 6,500 Wokingham residents have had their say on the potential changes to their future rubbish and recycling collections. Wokingham Borough Council is urging residents who have not taken part in...
15 November 2022
- Food caddy liners will still be stopped to reduce cost and carbon emissions
The decision to stop supplying residents with non-biodegradable plastic kitchen caddy liners will still go ahead following further discussion by Wokingham Borough Council. At the council's overview...
26 October 2022
- Help shape your future rubbish and recycling collections
Wokingham Borough Council launched a consultation today (10 October 2022) to seek residents' views on potential changes to its rubbish and recycling collections that could see the borough's weekly...
10 October 2022
- Council looks to rubbish and recycling collections for needed savings
Proposals to reduce the number of blue rubbish bags supplied to households or stop supplying them entirely will be discussed by Wokingham Borough Council's decision makers as they strive to protect...
21 September 2022
- Council partners with Too Good To Go to reduce food waste
Wokingham Borough Council has entered into a partnership with Too Good To Go (TGTG) to reduce food waste in the borough. At present, 110 cafes, coffee shops, supermarkets, bakeries and the like...
28 July 2022
- Residents urged to line food caddies with environmentally friendly alternatives
In its drive to reduce the use of non-recyclable single-use plastics, Wokingham Borough Council is urging residents to line their food caddies using more environmentally friendly alternatives to the...
13 July 2022
- New waste collection day for some households in Shinfield
From 3 August 2022, the waste and recycling collection day for 1,162 households in northeast Shinfield will change to Wednesdays, instead of Fridays. Wokingham Borough Council and Veolia, the...
11 July 2022
- Early success for new anti-social behaviour team
Wokingham Borough Council's new anti-social behaviour team has already experienced huge success since launching at the beginning of April.
30 June 2022
- Waste and food waste recycling bag delivery starts soon
New green food caddy liners and blue general waste bags will start being delivered in Wokingham Borough from Monday (7 February). These will be delivered over a six-week period, with all residents...
04 February 2022
- Christmas and New Year waste collections 2021
With Christmas around the corner, residents are reminded there will be no changes to bin collection days across the borough during this festive period.
20 December 2021
- Christmas and New Year opening times announced
We have announced our office opening hours for the Christmas and New Year period.
07 December 2021
- Help us on our journey to a new waste and recycling service
Wokingham Borough Council is launching the first phase of its journey to a new waste and recycling service – and needs early input from residents.
20 October 2021
- Council announces end to collecting recycling from black boxes
From Monday 1 November, recycling will no longer be collected from the old black boxes. The council and its contractor Veolia will only be collecting recycling from the sealed green waterproof...
04 October 2021
- Driver shortages impact waste collection services
Wokingham Borough Council announced today (28 September) that the national shortage of HGV drivers is impacting its waste collection contractor Veolia. The council is working closely with Veolia to...
28 September 2021
- Time to repurpose your old black recycling boxes
Hedgehog home, vegetable planters and wood store are just some of the ideas Wokingham Borough Council has been sent by its residents as they find new uses for their old black recycling boxes. The...
10 August 2021