Recycling and rubbish news archive
- 2019 Festive waste and recycling collections
With Christmas just around the corner, Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents there will be changes to waste and recycling collections during the festive period. Keep an eye out for the...
06 December 2019
- 'Stamp Out the Damp' campaign launched to keep up impressive recycling record
Wokingham Borough residents have proved themselves first-rate recyclers, but we now face a new challenge that needs everybody's help to meet. Due to global economic changes, recycling plants are no...
02 December 2019
- Council cracks down on illegally dumped waste
Wokingham Borough Council is cracking down on illegal waste dumping and fly tipping by conducting spot checks on businesses. Companies found not to be complying with the law will be given a chance to...
22 October 2019
- Council cuts carbon with LED lights
Wokingham Borough Council is making its schools more environmentally friendly, one building at a time through a variety of energy saving programmes. First up, lighting.
08 October 2019
- Help Wokingham Borough Council achieve carbon neutrality
Do you have any ideas to help Wokingham Borough Council save the world? Wokingham Borough Council is asking residents for their ideas on reducing the council's carbon footprint in a survey that...
25 September 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council declares climate emergency
Wokingham Borough Council took its first step towards becoming carbon neutral as it declared a climate emergency at yesterday evening's [18 July] full council meeting.
19 July 2019
- Cut your engine and cut air pollution on Clean Air Day 20 June 2019
Thursday 20 June is Clean Air Day and the Public Protection Partnership (PPP), which delivers Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards services across Wokingham Borough, Bracknell...
19 June 2019
- Wokingham borough residents double donations to re3
re3 is pleased to report a significant spark in the popularity of the Reuse Scheme available to residents of Bracknell Forest, Reading and Wokingham Boroughs. Only last year, the volume of goods...
11 June 2019
- Wokingham residents recycle 383 tonnes of food waste
Wokingham Borough Council's first month of food waste recycling has been a huge success, with residents collecting a staggering 383 tonnes of leftover food. That's the equivalent weight of more than...
28 May 2019
- More than 66 tonnnes of food waste collected in first week
Last week Wokingham Borough residents experienced the first collection of their food waste as part of the council's initiative to increase our recycling rates. In the first week of the scheme, some...
09 April 2019
- Food waste collections start next week
Wokingham Borough residents will be joining the fight to improve our carbon footprint as food waste collections start next week.
27 March 2019
- Chance to join neighbours on annual litter pick
Community-minded residents will be out and about across Wokingham Borough on March 23 and 24 to take part in the Annual Community Litter Pick.
20 March 2019
- Changes coming to garden waste services
Residents who use Wokingham Borough Council's garden waste services will see some changes to collections from April.
22 February 2019
- Blue bags for 2019/20 are on the way
Delivery of more than five million blue waste bags by Wokingham Borough Council will start today (Monday 21 January).
21 January 2019
- Reminding residents of changes to recycling and waste collections over the festive period
Wokingham Borough Council is reminding residents to look out for their copy of the winter edition of Wokingham Borough News for more information about Christmas waste and recycling collections.
06 December 2018
- Opening up Peach Street
Shoppers will be able to stroll in front of the new Peach Street shop frontages from this weekend when the new look pavement opens up.
22 November 2018
- Food waste collections are coming
It will soon be even easier for Wokingham Borough residents to recycle as food waste collections are coming to the borough in April.
22 November 2018
- Wokingham Borough aims to reduce costs and improve recycling with new waste strategy
Wokingham Borough Council's executive approved the new re3 waste strategy on Thursday, 27 September.
02 October 2018
- re3 launches re3cyclopedia app to help residents recycle more and recycle right
Wokingham Borough residents can get more help to recycle with the new re3cyclopedia app.
24 September 2018
- Minerals and Waste Plan consultation
Wokingham Borough Council is consulting on a Draft Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the borough up to 2036.
06 August 2018