Roads and travel news archive
- Park and ride projects set to begin construction
Construction of a new park and ride, and expansion of another in Wokingham borough are set to begin, with nearly £10million being invested in the facilities. Work is to start on the new Coppid Beech...
22 January 2021
- You spoke, we listened – a quicker and easier online blue badge process launched
We have launched an improved, quicker process for residents applying for a Blue Badge, after listening to your feedback.
18 January 2021
- Smart drainage trial in Earley and Arborfield
Wokingham Borough Council is trialling smart drainage sensors to help deal with flooding in the borough. These have been placed at key locations in Earley and Arborfield to provide real-time data on...
13 January 2021
- £1.7million resurfacing phase begins
Twelve roads across Wokingham borough will be resurfaced this spring as the council continues its investment in the area's roads. Key transport routes in Woodley, Finchampstead, Barkham and Earley...
12 January 2021
- Nine roads resurfaced and more on the way
Wokingham Borough Council's second phase of resurfacing has now been completed. Nine key transport routes across the area have seen worked completed with more than £500,000 invested this autumn.
21 December 2020
- Local school children tell drivers to switch off their engines
Local school girl Mahveen Rafay has seen Wokingham Borough Council bring her prize-winning artwork to the attention residents across the borough after it was put up in key areas around the borough to...
21 December 2020
- Looking after your mental health and wellbeing through physical exercise
Wokingham Borough Council is reaching out to its residents to raise awareness about the positive effect that being active can have on how we feel
07 December 2020
- Council encourages residents to get pedalling this December
Wokingham Borough Council has today officially launched its interactive cycle map that will help residents find appropriate cycle routes around the borough
03 December 2020
- Ready for winter weather
Wokingham Borough Council's gritting lorries are ready to go for the cold season, helping to keep roads safe and traffic moving this winter. As temperatures begin to drop, our fleet is on standby to...
03 December 2020
- Free festive car parking
Shoppers in Wokingham Borough will get an early Christmas present with free parking in the council's car parks on Saturdays in the run up to Christmas. Council-owned car parks in towns and village...
25 November 2020
- Council encourages residents to look out for each other
Wokingham Borough Council launches Be Bright Be Seen campaign
17 November 2020
- London Road cycleway complete
Construction of a cycleway along London Road in Wokingham is now complete. The finishing touches have been put to the project with the main road resurfaced and line painting for the cycleway carried...
10 November 2020
- Green contractor recognised with environmental award
Carbon cutting and green initiatives by Wokingham Borough Council have helped its highways contractor win an environmental award. VolkerHighways' Wokingham team competed against 500 other nominees to...
09 October 2020
- Council encourages drivers to switch off their engines on Clean Air Day
Wokingham Borough Council has today launched a design competition to encourage drivers across the borough to switch off their engines when stationary
08 October 2020
- £800,000 road resurfacing programme second phase set to begin
Twelve key travel routes across Wokingham Borough will see major investment this autumn as we begin our second phase of resurfacing schemes. Thousands of residents will see the benefits of improved...
05 October 2020
- Council consulting on changes to home to school transport and travel assistance
Wokingham Borough Council is reviewing and consulting on its home to school transport and travel assistance policies with the aim of improving services for children and young people, particularly...
21 September 2020
- Borough Mayor congratulates young residents on animal trail at Buckhurst Meadows
Cllr Malcolm Richards greeted the winning children in Wokingham to hand out their prizes.
09 September 2020
- New bus routes to ensure safe school travel
Seven new dedicated school buses have started this week as Wokingham Borough Council works to ensure children are safe on their journey to school
02 September 2020
- Council relaunches traffic and travel social media to keep residents up to speed
Wokingham Borough Councils Traffic and Travel social media accounts will return to both Facebook and Twitter this September
01 September 2020
- Travelling back to school safely
Wokingham Borough Council has been working alongside our school transport providers to ensure a safe journey for those who travel slightly further to school.
25 August 2020