Roads and travel news archive
- Statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding grass cutting
Read the latest statement from Cllr Angus Ross regarding our ambitious, long-term grounds maintenance and grass cutting contract.
29 July 2016
- ICE award for station and link road
A scheme redesigning Wokingham's train station and its transport access has scooped a top industry award for the way it solves problems caused by urbanisation, such as busier roads.
27 July 2016
- Even more online services available
In the last edition of Wokingham Borough News we told you about the new online account on our website where you can access some Council services and make requests.
27 July 2016
- Review of Strategic Development Location community forums launched
Wokingham Borough Council is reviewing the way it runs the community forums designed to keep residents informed and involved with the major strategic developments.
27 July 2016
- Loddon Viaduct contraflow starts
The contraflow on the northern carriageway of the A3290/A329M Loddon Viaduct is due to start after rush hour on 22 July, and will last up to six weeks.
21 July 2016
- New parking charges Q&A
A Q&A about the new evening/ overnight and weekend parking charges in Wokingham Borough Council car parks is now available on the council's website.
20 July 2016
- Cutbush Lane junction closed for Shinfield Eastern Relief Road
Cutbush Lane where it meets Shinfield Road, and the existing and new M4 bridges, are the focus of work from 18 July on the Shinfield Eastern Relief Road (SERR).
18 July 2016
- Mole Road re-opening early
Mole Road in Sindlesham is due to re-open this Saturday morning (16 July), two weeks ahead of schedule.
14 July 2016
- National Highways and Transport Survey 2016
People living in the Wokingham Borough are being asked their views on local highways and transport – from the condition of roads and footpaths to the quality of cycling facilities and local bus...
29 June 2016
- A329 Broad Street and Market Place closed 26 June
A329 Broad Street/A329 Market Place will be closed on 26 June, from 6am to 6pm, for Wokingham Bikeathon
23 June 2016
- Application for park and ride at Thames Valley Park
Wokingham Borough Council has submitted a planning application for a £3.6 million park and ride near Thames Valley Park (TVP).
23 June 2016
- Evening overnight and weekend parking charges
Evening/ overnight and weekend charges in Wokingham Borough Council car parks, and Saturday daytime fees at the Civic Offices at Shute End, will be introduced this summer.
21 June 2016
- Final phase of Loddon Viaduct scheme this summer
Preparations for the final phase to repair and improve the A3290/A329M Loddon Viaduct are due to start on Tuesday July 12, timed to avoid morning and evening rush hours.
17 June 2016
- Street party road closures – 11 and 12 June
The following roads in the Wokingham Borough will be closed this weekend for street parties commemorating HM The Queen's 90th Birthday.
09 June 2016
- Roads closed Wokingham town centre – Sunday 12 June
The Queen's Birthday Celebration and International Street Concert, organised by Wokingham Town Council
08 June 2016
- Alternative car parking for the Carnival Pool
Users of the Carnival Pool and Superbowl will need to find alternative parking as the car par closes from Monday 6 June due to construction work.
01 June 2016
- Twyford Mill Bridge - temporary closure
Twyford Mill Bridge will be closed from 23 May to 31 July, so that Wokingham Borough Council can carry out essential repairs and strengthening on this 185-year-old bridge.
19 May 2016
- Temporary road closure: Twyford Road and Bell Foundry Road, Wokingham
Twyford Road and Bell Foundry Lane, Wokingham will be closed from 9.30am on 16 May until 1pm on 6 June to allow Bovis Homes to carry out highway improvements.
10 May 2016
- Temporary road closure: Shute End, Wokingham
Shute End, Wokingham will be closed on 8 May to allow Wokingham Borough Council contractors to undertake pavement works in safety.
06 May 2016
- Street parties to celebrate the Queen's 90th
If you are planning a street party to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday, there is now a special section on the council's website to help you apply to do this.
05 May 2016