Roads and travel news archive
- Council trials recycled plastic kerbstones
Kerbstones made from recycled plastics will be trialled in Wokingham borough. The innovative scheme will be run by Wokingham Borough Council alongside its highways contractor Volker Highways. Using...
25 October 2019
- Loddon Valley Ramblers improve footpath access across the borough
The Loddon Valley Ramblers have made great strides when it comes to improving footpath access across the Wokingham borough. During 2019, their volunteers have installed 14 gates throughout the local...
24 October 2019
- Council takes major step forward in its major highways programme
Wokingham Borough Council takes another step forward in its fight against congestion as its major highways project reaches another milestone with the final section of the North Wokingham Distributor...
22 October 2019
- Council to crack down on dangerous parking violations
Wokingham Borough Council is increasing its number of parking wardens in response to complaints of unsafe parking around schools across the borough.
26 September 2019
- Council offers help to those looking to pedal more around the borough and beyond
Do you sit in traffic watching cyclists passing you by and wish you could swap your four wheels for two? What's holding you back? Do you know how to cycle competently on but need a little help with...
19 September 2019
- Wokingham Borough Council takes measured approach to third runway at Heathrow
Wokingham Borough Council has environmental concerns over the proposed third runway at Heathrow Airport. On Tuesday, 17 September, the council approved its response to the Heathrow expansion...
19 September 2019
- Council celebrates summer cycling success for local children
A record number of local children have thrown away their stabilisers this summer after pedalling their way to success, completing Wokingham Borough Council's Bikeability Learn to Ride course.
12 September 2019
- Council takes steps to improve Keephatch footpath
Wokingham Borough Council has taken steps to improve a popular footpath. The route, which runs from Keephatch Road to the A329 is well-used by both runners and dog walkers.
10 September 2019
- Council set to kick off annual road maintenance campaign
This year Wokingham Borough Council's annual road maintenance campaign is bigger than ever. The council secured a significant piece of the government's potholes fund meaning more of the borough's...
29 August 2019
- Youngsters enjoy summer holiday bike bonanza
More than 150 people took part in cycling activities as part of a summer holiday bike bonanza thanks to My Journey Wokingham.
28 August 2019
- Convenience fee to be removed from car park mobile payments
Drivers using Wokingham Borough Council car parks will no longer have to pay the 20p charge when using RingGo to pay for parking.
20 August 2019
- Council ahead of schedule with Lower Earley Way Dualling, Major Highways Project
We are pleased to announce another step forward in our fight against congestion as phase two of the Lower Earley Way Dualling, Major Highways Project, is expected to finish two months ahead of...
14 August 2019
- Council pushes forward with Arborfield war memorial
Wokingham Borough Council's plans to install a memorial stone in Arborfield, dedicated to the brave members of the Arborfield Royal Observer Corps, took a major step forward this week as the stone...
06 August 2019
- Council announces next step in their fight against congestion
Wokingham Borough Council has today announced that construction work will begin on Arborfield Cross Relief Road (ACRR) this summer with this major new highway due to open Summer 2020.
02 August 2019
- Our new Localities Service comes to you
Some of the keen-eyed among you may have noticed our staff out and about in purple polo shirts with 'Localities' written on them.
25 July 2019
- New parking payment machines installed
Wokingham Borough Council has installed more than 50 new parking payment machines across the area, which allow visitors more flexible ways to pay.
25 July 2019
- Builders Merchant fined £60,000 after forklift truck injures employee
Following both an accident investigation and subsequent prosecution by officers from the Public Protection Partnership (PPP), Jubilee Building Supplies Limited was sentenced at High Wycombe...
24 July 2019
- Public Rights of Way improvement plan
The Public Rights of Way (PROW) network, which consists of 164km of public rights of way and is 18% of the total highway network within Wokingham Borough, is used by thousands of people to get to...
24 July 2019
- Wokingham Borough summer holiday roadworks
Wokingham Borough Council aims to minimise disruption to residents by scheduling many major projects to take place during the school holidays.
19 July 2019
- Council encourages residents to take part in National Highways and Transport survey
Local people are being asked for their views on Wokingham Borough's highways and transport services – from the condition of roads and footpaths to the quality of cycling facilities. Their answers...
12 June 2019