Roads and travel news archive
- Permanent safe crossing to be built at eight schools
Wokingham Borough Council is to build eight new permanent pedestrian crossings at school sites across the borough.
15 June 2018
- Phase one of the Winnersh Relief Road opening Monday 11 June
The first phase of the Winnersh Relief Road (WRR), connecting the B3270 Lower Earley Way to the B3030 King Street Lane, is due to open on Monday 11 June.
08 June 2018
- A329M closure due to urgent works
Urgent highway maintenance is required to be carried out on the section of the A329M that runs over the M4 around junction 10 on Saturday 9 June.
07 June 2018
- Council hosts North Wokingham Distributor Road exhibition ahead of latest planning application
The event will be specifically dedicated to providing information on the West of Old Forest Road and Toutley Road section as the council plans to submit its planning application for this part of the...
06 June 2018
- Temporary closure of footpath through the former Paddocks car park
We have temporarily closed the footpath through the former Paddocks car park for a period of up to two weeks to make improvements following a police incident
01 June 2018
- Traffic Restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival Roundabout) and Langborough Road
Find out more about the traffic restrictions on Denmark Street (near junction of Carnival roundabout) and Langborough Road
22 May 2018
- Works on Denmark Street in Wokingham
During this first phase of construction at Elms Field in Wokingham, the Borough Council will need to carry out a range of works at the bottom of Denmark Street.
08 May 2018
- Council's young drive programme celebrates win at first car awards
Wokingham Borough Council's young drivers' programme Drivestart has been awarded 'Best Partnership Scheme 2018' at the First Car Awards.
02 May 2018
- Easter bike bonanza gets 100 people on their bikes
A free bike bonanza event was held on Thursday April 5 with more than 100 people enjoying a day of fun-filled cycling activities at the FBC centre in Finchampstead.
16 April 2018
- Update on Ryhill Way Bus Lay-By
A statement from Josie Wragg, director of localities and customer services.
06 April 2018
- Council proposes to permanently pedestrianise Luckley Path to improve safety
We are proposing to keep Luckley Path, in Wokingham, permanently closed to vehicles to further improve pedestrian safety and the appearance of the town centre.
05 April 2018
- Council submits planning application for second phase of Winnersh Relief Road
Wokingham Borough Council has submitted a full planning application for Winnersh Relief Road Phase 2 which, subject to planning consent, would connect the B3030 King Street Lane to the A329 Reading...
03 April 2018
- Update on California Country Park improvements
Update on the ongoing improvements to California country park.
26 March 2018
- Essential flood prevention in Emmbrook Road
Wokingham Borough Council is due to start drainage work along Emmbrook Road in Wokingham, from 26 March, to alleviate flooding near the railway bridge.
06 March 2018
- Parking charge changes following Woodley's success
Wokingham Borough Council's decision-making executive will decide this week (22 February) whether to extend Free after 3 parking in Wokingham town centre until April 2, and replace it with the...
20 February 2018
- Chance to see plans for California Greenway Phase 2
Plans for the next phase of California Greenway – the traffic-free multi user route that will link Finchamspstead and the new Arborfield Green development – have gone on show.
The new section of...
20 February 2018
- Eastern Gateway planning application approved
Wokingham Borough Council is pleased to announce its planning application for the second phase of the South Wokingham Distributor Road, known as the Eastern Gateway, has been approved.
19 February 2018
- Keeping on top of issues in the Borough with web-based reporting system
Want to know how your issue you raised with Council is progressing? Well now you can using 'Report It Services'
16 February 2018
- Maisy's walk to school campaign
Wokingham Borough Mayor Cllr Rob Stanton was so impressed with a letter from Maisy Davison, asking for a path to be built near her school, he invited her and her best friend to Shute End as VIP...
15 February 2018
- Free after Three Wokingham town centre parking extended
Shoppers and other visitors to Wokingham town centre will be able to enjoy free parking after 3 pm, for another month, thanks to a decision by Wokingham Borough Council.
31 January 2018